Ceylon Dimbulla OP

Edit tea info Last updated by Bethany

From SpecialTeas

Beautiful wiry leaves, a red-golden liquor and delicate chocolate-citrus notes are the character traits of this aromatic orange pekoe from the famous Dimbulla region. A smooth and complex, medium-strong tea of exceptional quality. Highly recommended both hot and iced.

About SpecialTeas View company

The problem with rationing tea is that no matter how much you want to save it eventually you have to drink or else it goes stale on you. This is the dilema I face with my teas from SpecialTeas; some of them, like this one, are very good, high quality teas with nothing to replace them with when they’re gone (Teavana doesn’t count – I refuse to buy from them). But I guess all good things have to come to an end sooner or later.

I’m drinking this tea with milk today and, while I think I prefer it plain ultimately, it’s fine this way as well. With some teas the milk will drown out the flavour but in this case I can still pick out the delicious citrus and cocoa notes.

LiberTEAS

I feel the same way about Teavana.

ScottTeaMan

I’ll say it again…….I miss Specialteas! And ditto on Teavana.

My sample is now almost gone of this, and I just went to check SpecialTeas’ site for a steeping time and apparently they no longer sell it. Sad, because I really like this one. It’s smooth as silk with a very light cocoa taste. Not at all like most Ceylons.

This is not the usual lemony Ceylon. The description is correct. Very nice.