Vienna Winter Green

Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by fester

• “This morning, I was looking for something smooth and comforting. This tea fits the bill nicely. I'm a little surprised I haven't logged this tea yet since I've had it for a while. I bought this,...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 508 tasting notes
  • “Mkay. Decided to give this one a second try, after taking Mercuryhime's advice and upping the leaf and lowering the steeping time. (I also added more sugar, hoping that would help the chocolate...” Read full tasting note
    teataku 183 tasting notes
  • “Another blend that I've been drinking but never got around to logging. This tea reminds me a bit of Davids Tea's Toasted Walnut with its rich nutty flavours. It's sweet with hints of creamy white...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1582 tasting notes
  • “Smooth, toasty, sweet and nutty! This is a tea with nice layers to taste while sipping. A very enjoyable, smooth & light cup. Thank you JoeCool for this tea in a swap! ” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 523 tasting notes

From SpecialTeas

Our No.865 Vienna Winter Green is blended to be the perfect accompaniment to an afternoon relaxing to your favorite composer. With green tea, almonds, white chocolate bits, Roman chamomile, macadamia and pistachio nuts, cocoa kernels and cracknel bits this tea is comforting and engaging. The aroma of nuts and soft chocolate will intrigue you. It has a warm, nutty, chocolate taste underscored with the soft flavor of a smooth green tea. Make some time to enjoy this delightful flavor medley.

About SpecialTeas View company

This morning, I was looking for something smooth and comforting. This tea fits the bill nicely. I’m a little surprised I haven’t logged this tea yet since I’ve had it for a while. I bought this, along with a bunch of other stuff, when SpecialTeas was going out of business (70% off everything!).
The flavor combination sounded kinda weird to me, but considering the price, I figured it wouldn’t be much of a loss. Well I’m glad I got it. Even though it took some getting used to, I find it really comforting these days. It’s very smooth and slightly nutty. I’m getting to the bottom of the bag now where all the cocoa kernels have been hiding. As a result, my tea is now more chocolatey. Score!
I oversteeped this morning, but it was barely bitter. yay.

Mkay. Decided to give this one a second try, after taking Mercuryhime’s advice and upping the leaf and lowering the steeping time. (I also added more sugar, hoping that would help the chocolate nuttiness to step out into the limelight.)

Mmm, better! It’s definitely the most sugar-needy green tea I’ve ever tasted, but once you get the balance of flavors right, the tea is quite enjoyable. It’s SO delicate… but it’s a unique flavor achievement for a green tea. Gotta give it props for that. Perhaps, like many teas, the second steep will be the best.

Another blend that I’ve been drinking but never got around to logging. This tea reminds me a bit of Davids Tea’s Toasted Walnut with its rich nutty flavours. It’s sweet with hints of creamy white chocolate and the green tea base is light and refreshing enough to keep it from being too cloying. By all the rights the camomile shouldn’t really belong in a blend like this, but somehow it works.

I’m glad I bought a big bag of this tea – I’ll be able to enjoy it for awhile yet. :)

Additional notes: Having another cup of this old favorite. Definitely my favorite green and VERY high up there for any type of tea. .. even after the 100s (1,000s?) of teas I’ve tried since I first tried this one. I can’t believe how nice this still is! It’s GREEN and it’s OLD. There is hope for some of my old teas yet! :D

Trying to use this up. Still tastes very bland to me. The chamomile overwhelms everything else, and I don’t taste any nuttiness or chocolate as the description says.

Mild, sweet, and nutty. Definitely not an everyday blend, but it’s It’s interesting without being offensive. Easy to serve to non-tea people.

Maybe I didn’t make this correctly, but I’m not liking it. I don’t taste nuts or chocolate. It just tastes like a bland green tea to me. Prepared with stevia.

I love this tea. I read somewhere that it won an award but it didn’t come up in my googling, today. It is sensitive to time and temperature, but when made right, it has a wonderful nutty flavor!

Dry leaves smell luscious—nutty with chocolate notes. Picking up a hint of anise which evokes aroma not unlike springerle cookies (German Christmas my grandmother used to make). Followed the steeping suggestions: tea smells wonderful and has a very delicate flavor. Taste of chocolate increases as tea cools; nutty aftertaste. This would be a good tea to serve to friends who haven’t tried or say they don’t like green tea. An afternoon comfort cup!