Green Herbal Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Specifically Tea

Sencha green tea, yerba mate, rose petals, cornflowers, coconut shreds, kirsch cherry, flavour

About Specifically Tea View company

I absolutely LOVED the scent of this tea dry – was like cherry-vanilla liqueur. Too bad appearances (and odors) can be deceiving.

I started to get worried when I poured in the water and the smell of the brewing leaves changed to something that was rather musky; sort of a sweet, vaguely cherry-ish musk. Not being a big fan of musk in my tea I desperately hoped at that point that the taste would be radically different from the scent – I’ve had teas like that before.

Unfortunately this isn’t one of them. I didn’t get any green tea at all in the taste, just yerba mate – which I like just fine on its own, but in this tea it’s not so good. So the main body of the flavour is roasted yerba mate, but it fades into a musky, sort of very artifical-tasting cherry flavour that lingers in the back of the mouth. I tried gamely to drink it, hoping that the favour would change – maybe as it cooled – but no suck luck. Eventually I gave up and poured it out – which is actually the first time I’ve done that to a tea.

Bleh, if someone wants to take this off my hands feel free to give me a shout, you might have better luck with it than me. Otherwise it’s going to be garden compost come spring, I think.

Another surprise from Jillian. This smells great! Much like Adagio’s Cherry Green. It’s near clear in color but with a yellowish-green hue. I can taste the cherry and maybe a slight rosy taste but it’s a very pale flavored tea tho…not very strong. But pretty tasty for a flavored green, indeed. Not too shabby! Thanks Jillian!

Well I’m glad you’re enjoying it more than I did. :)