Earl Grey

Bergamot, Maple, Orange, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by darkles
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 2 g 8 oz / 236 ml

From St. Dalfour

Certified, pure organic Ceylon tea. Selected and blended under the direction of the tea experts of St. Dalfour France. Enhanced by the all natural flavor of bergamot.

The St. Dalfour tea experts have searched the best tea producing areas in the world which are located in the Himalayas of India and the high ground of Ceylon. After careful screening, they have selected special pristine tea gardens where no preservatives or chemicals are used. In these gardens master planters nurture tea bushes with natural organic biomass and loving care. Only these tea gardens are used for St. Dalfour tea.

Since tea is made directly from tea leaves plucked on a continuous basis during harvest (and these tea leaves are not washed), it is vitally important to make certain these leaves are free of any chemicals. Be confident of having pure, wholesome tea when buying St. Dalfour.

St. Dalfour Organic Tea-Healthy Packaging:

1. Each tea bag is hermetically sealed in a envelope to preserve its fresh, natural flavor.

2. The tea bags are made with eco-friendly paper. No chemicals (which would alter the taste of the tea) touch the tea bag.

3. The tea bag is attached to the tag by a pure, sanitized string without the use of meal staples. Thus, no metallic taste is found in the tea.

4. The tea is packaged in an air controlled, immaculate chamber which prevents any impurities from affecting the taste of the tea.

About St. Dalfour View company

This is a really light EG. Very drinkable, It leaves a peppery aftertaste that I find delightful.

What is up with this tea? Older (lower income) women keep offering me free samples of this and asking me to let them know if I want to buy a box. Is this the Avon cosmetics of the tea world? Anyway, fresh with new free samples I thought I’d give the earl grey a try with a splash of vanilla almond milk.
Nothing much to say about it- it’s a perfectly good run-of the mill cup of bagged earl grey. I like that it’s organic though.

Jim Marks

And now I don’t need to ask.

JacquelineM

That’s strange! I know St. Dalfour makes great jam!!! :)

Lisbet

I didn’t think it was BAD tea, I just don’t know what’s up with people trying to sell it as a personal business.

I really don’t like this. Dare I say it reminds be of bug spray. eww. Not what I want to be drinking in the morning. This was the first Earl Grey I tried and I don’t think I’ll be trying any more.

K S

I have been looking through your reviews and like the variety of teas you have tried. I also wasn’t impressed with this one. Do not judge or miss out on Earl Grey based on this one. This tasted more like a cinnamon tea than a citrus.

Tea Sipper

thanks for the comment! I promise not to give up on Earl Grey just yet.

Probably my favorite Earl Grey, the St. Dalfour has a fruity, flowery taste that I find incredibly comforting. Those jam-makers know how to flavor a black tea. It’s much lighter than other Earls, and not as harsh on the palette. The bergamot is a summer breeze in the cup: not nearly as strong as I usually prefer my bergamot flavor, but somehow just as pleasant. Note that the subtle nuances of this tea seem to dissipate quickly in storage. Best to consume quickly.

The bottom line for me: This is a very pleasant and enjoyable tea, but not quite a normal Earl Grey taste you may initially be looking for.
In-Depth:
Aroma
The first thing I notice of this tea is its very unique aroma. It has a wonderful citrus-y scent, very warm and not so strong as to feel like an herbal tea. It actually reminds me of the smell of sweet pipe tobacco mixed with orange peel.
Flavor and Body
The tea is a very light black tea, with strong citrus overtones. The bergamot in this Earl Grey is not very strong. Normally I prefer strong bergamot, however this tea makes it taste just right.
Notes
The tea has a very calm and enjoyable feel to it, and I don’t drink it as an everyday tea, but rather just when I wish to take a few minutes and relax, or perhaps when I am enjoying some reading or dessert. It is certified organic, which is a nice perk. Even if the tea is not of the most high quality or expensive, I truly enjoy this tea over many other, higher priced teas. Give it a taste!

Flavors: Bergamot, Maple, Orange, Sweet

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

My dad got me this as a surprise a couple of days ago, and since I’m generally open to trying any and all earl greys that cross my path I didn’t turn it down. This one is interesting, because the taste doesn’t scream “earl grey” to me at all. It’s a little spicy in a peppery way and there’s a darker, almost chocolatey note to it that reminds me of mocha instead of tea. Definitely good but not at all what I was expecting!