Organic Black Cherry Ceylon

Black Fruit Blend
Cherry
Edit tea info Last updated by LatteTeaDah

• “When I reviewed this some years back, I didn’t give it much love at all. (Time passes.) When I picked this up at Big Lots (cheapster!) for not very much at all, I had no memory of trying it...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1917 tasting notes
  • “I wasn’t prepared to enjoy this tea, as it was among the different boxed tea bags at about half the price of others. It’s Ceylon black tea, nothing surprising in its base notes, but...” Read full tasting note
    latteteadah 54 tasting notes
  • “The recommended steeping time for this tea is 1 min (light), 2 min (strong) and 3 min (with milk). I steeped it for a bit longer than their longest recommended steeping time without any hint of...” Read full tasting note
    amaranthos 24 tasting notes
  • “It’s a nice tea, but I get mostly Ceylon and almost no cherry. I wish I could pick up on the cherry flavor a bit more, because the cherry aroma of the dry leaf, though subtle, smelled...” Read full tasting note
    TeaTiger1 5 tasting notes

From St. Dalfour

Certified, 100% pure organic tea from Ceylon.

Selected and blended under the direction of the tea experts of St. Dalfour France.

Enhanced by the all natural flavor of black cherry.

About St. Dalfour View company

1917 tasting notes

When I picked this up at Big Lots (cheapster!) for not very much at all, I had no memory of trying it previously. I may have mellowed, or adjusted my standards some, but this is a not unpleasant little black tea with a very mild whiff of dark cherry. But it’s good cherry—not like cough syrup or soft drink additives. It’s like if you close your eyes and think about it hard enough, you can see the battered old pie tin cooling on the kitchen counter and you just can’t keep from pinching a little edge of the sugary crust off, even though Mom told you unequivocally that that pie was for a church dinner and you were not to touch it…but the crust with cherry on it is the best part….

I wasn’t prepared to enjoy this tea, as it was among the different boxed tea bags at about half the price of others. It’s Ceylon black tea, nothing surprising in its base notes, but it’s the subtleness of the black cherry that drew me in. I’m not a huge fan of sweet or over-done fruit blends, and this one is neither. True black cherry flavor that appears as a secondary note to the Ceylon. I’ve made doubly-strong infusions in travel tumblers for work, and the flavor is still very subtle. I’m not convinced that it’s gourmet or deluxe quality as is written all over the box, but it’s certainly refreshing.

I steeped it for a bit longer than their longest recommended steeping time without any hint of bitterness. I also added a bit of milk. When smelling the tea, the roundedness from the black cherry is present, though there definitely isn’t an overpowering artificial cherry smell. The tea is pleasant; a black tea with subtle cherry notes that makes the tea interesting.
I know that some people aren’t that impressed with this tea because the cherry flavour is so mild. For me, it is a good alternative when I want something a bit different than a plain breakfast black tea.

SarahBeth0625

I agree with you — it doesn’t get bitter if you steep longer and it also brings out the cherry flavor more.

It’s a nice tea, but I get mostly Ceylon and almost no cherry. I wish I could pick up on the cherry flavor a bit more, because the cherry aroma of the dry leaf, though subtle, smelled natural a d enticing.

I’m using the electric pot at work, so the water is just under boiling. Maybe if I use boiling water, more of the cherry flavor will come through.

Both the tea and cherry are mild and delicate in flavor, similar to a French pastille candy. The flavor of the tea isn’t that interesting when just finished steeping and piping hot, but become more pronounced as the tea cools.

I always come back to this tea. I am black tea for the mornings kind of woman, and I like green teas other times of the day (and spearmint if it’s before bed), but I do always come back to this tea as my #1 favorite. It has just enough of a hint of cherry to make a black tea have flavor and hits the spot just right. It’s hard to over-steep this to the point where it becomes bitter. In my experience, if I am using the hot water from the canteen at work (versus hot water that has been near boiling in the teapot at home), steeping time of about 5 minutes is right for me. My grocery store (Woodman’s) carries this for around $3.69 a box. Not bad for 25 packets of ORGANIC tea. And it’s imported from France. I am also happy with the design of the tea bag (not a fan of the ones without tags).

Flavors: Cherry

For me, it basically tasted like any other average black tea. There was no complexity to the taste. I was really hoping for a cherry flavor in there, and though it’s in the aroma, it doesn’t end up being tasted…

I love the tart cherry flavor of this tea! It’s not sweet, and it’s more black tea than cherry, but it works. If you like this, try the St. Dalfour Lemon Tea as well.

2029 tasting notes

This is interesting. The first sip tasted more like a green tea to me. I love the subtle cherry flavor and scent and the ceylon base is really delicious. The cherry is not overpowering at all. This reminds me of a Southern Comfort cherry tea I had once. I’ll have to try some more St. Dalfour and buy a box of this one (I only had one!)