Organic Black Cherry Ceylon

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by LatteTeaDah

• “Swap from a work friend ... not impressed. It's still fresh and conditions may change as it cools, according to other reviews, but there's just a whiff of cherry. Not enough for me to call it...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1706 tasting notes
  • “I wasn't prepared to enjoy this tea, as it was among the different boxed tea bags at about half the price of others. It's Ceylon black tea, nothing surprising in its base notes, but it's the...” Read full tasting note
    latteteadah 53 tasting notes
  • “The recommended steeping time for this tea is 1 min (light), 2 min (strong) and 3 min (with milk). I steeped it for a bit longer than their longest recommended steeping time without any hint of...” Read full tasting note
    amaranthos 24 tasting notes
  • “It's a nice tea, but I get mostly Ceylon and almost no cherry. I wish I could pick up on the cherry flavor a bit more, because the cherry aroma of the dry leaf, though subtle, smelled natural a d...” Read full tasting note
    TeaTiger1 5 tasting notes

From St. Dalfour

Certified, 100% pure organic tea from Ceylon.

Selected and blended under the direction of the tea experts of St. Dalfour France.

Enhanced by the all natural flavor of black cherry.

About St. Dalfour View company

Swap from a work friend … not impressed. It’s still fresh and conditions may change as it cools, according to other reviews, but there’s just a whiff of cherry. Not enough for me to call it flavored black tea. Hinted at black tea, maybe.

I wasn’t prepared to enjoy this tea, as it was among the different boxed tea bags at about half the price of others. It’s Ceylon black tea, nothing surprising in its base notes, but it’s the subtleness of the black cherry that drew me in. I’m not a huge fan of sweet or over-done fruit blends, and this one is neither. True black cherry flavor that appears as a secondary note to the Ceylon. I’ve made doubly-strong infusions in travel tumblers for work, and the flavor is still very subtle. I’m not convinced that it’s gourmet or deluxe quality as is written all over the box, but it’s certainly refreshing.

I steeped it for a bit longer than their longest recommended steeping time without any hint of bitterness. I also added a bit of milk. When smelling the tea, the roundedness from the black cherry is present, though there definitely isn’t an overpowering artificial cherry smell. The tea is pleasant; a black tea with subtle cherry notes that makes the tea interesting.
I know that some people aren’t that impressed with this tea because the cherry flavour is so mild. For me, it is a good alternative when I want something a bit different than a plain breakfast black tea.

It’s a nice tea, but I get mostly Ceylon and almost no cherry. I wish I could pick up on the cherry flavor a bit more, because the cherry aroma of the dry leaf, though subtle, smelled natural a d enticing.

I’m using the electric pot at work, so the water is just under boiling. Maybe if I use boiling water, more of the cherry flavor will come through.

Both the tea and cherry are mild and delicate in flavor, similar to a French pastille candy. The flavor of the tea isn’t that interesting when just finished steeping and piping hot, but become more pronounced as the tea cools.

For me, it basically tasted like any other average black tea. There was no complexity to the taste. I was really hoping for a cherry flavor in there, and though it’s in the aroma, it doesn’t end up being tasted…

I love the tart cherry flavor of this tea! It’s not sweet, and it’s more black tea than cherry, but it works. If you like this, try the St. Dalfour Lemon Tea as well.

This is interesting. The first sip tasted more like a green tea to me. I love the subtle cherry flavor and scent and the ceylon base is really delicious. The cherry is not overpowering at all. This reminds me of a Southern Comfort cherry tea I had once. I’ll have to try some more St. Dalfour and buy a box of this one (I only had one!)