Sparkling Sugar Plum

Edit tea info Last updated by jennlea

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I got this tea around Christmas time from a local tearoom and it has to be the neatest tea ever! I don't know exactly what is in here so I will do my best to take a guess. Basic black tea base...” Read full tasting note
    jennlea 162 tasting notes

From St. James Tearoom

Product description not available yet.

About St. James Tearoom View company

1 Tasting Note

I got this tea around Christmas time from a local tearoom and it has to be the neatest tea ever! I don’t know exactly what is in here so I will do my best to take a guess. Basic black tea base with plum flavoring and pieces of hibiscus. There are also little pieces of something silver (I think they have to be some sort of sugar crystal).

These silver pieces dissolve in the water and make the tea SPARKLE! I kid you not. The tea sparkles, or perhaps shimmers is a better description, when the light hits it. It is really cool looking and actually tastes really good for a flavored tea. I don’t think the silver pieces add any flavor or sweetness. They just as a sparkle. Hoping it is safe to consume, but it sure does look awesome!

EDIT TO ADD:
A quick photo of it that isn’t very good, but you get the idea-

Angrboda

OMG sparkly! How cool. :D

jennlea

Added a photo to the tasting note :)

Angrboda

It looks pretty. :)

jennlea

Looks much better in real life. But then again, most things are.

S

How cool! It looks like it might be luster dust (the kind you use to decorate cookies and cakes).

Jillian

Oooh, cool! I know the Japanese will sometimes add gold flakes to their tea, but I’ve never heard of something like this.

takgoti