Green Tea Frappuccino Blended Creme

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Twilight
Iced 16 oz / 473 ml

• “OK, Thursday is the anniversary of the day my wife and I met. It was a Halloween party thrown by my entire dorm floor. So in all honesty it was a kegger on one end and hairy buffalo on the other. A...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1305 tasting notes
  • “Yeah, not gonna lie, I freaking love this thing. Still figuring out how to make a good one at home. I think adding whipped cream on the top would fix anything wrong I did to it. Whipped cream on...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “I've been so eagerly awaiting my Red Leaf order that I've kind of been on a kick with these. Not healthy at all, but whatever. I think it's just a bit of an acquired taste. I love the odd looks...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “I had a treat receipt from ordering coffee this morning, and this has been something I've been trying to get the courage up to try. So I ordered it to drink on the way home from work as a treat. ...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes

From Starbucks

A unique combination of Premium Matcha green tea, lightly sweetened and blended with milk and ice, topped with whipped cream (optional).

About Starbucks View company

OK, Thursday is the anniversary of the day my wife and I met. It was a Halloween party thrown by my entire dorm floor. So in all honesty it was a kegger on one end and hairy buffalo on the other. A friend of mine stopped by after visiting his sister on campus. Seeing there was a party going on he called his sister and invited her over. She brought her roommate. As soon as I met the roommate I knew I was going to marry her. True story.

Actually that was not the end of the night. The keg ran dry right after the girls arrived so we jumped in my friends car and drove an hour to his town to go hear a local band play. Above the band was a cardboard jack-o-lantern decoration. Unintentionally the bands lights hit it and made it flash. 33 years later we still have a soft spot for flashing pumpkins.

What does that have to do with this drink? Nothing except we did our shopping today so we can enjoy our Thursday. Pretty sure it will not involve kegs or staying out long past dark. Though an hour drive is not out of the question. This is probably my last frap until spring unless we get some unseasonably warm weather.

Lala

You will just have to switch to the latte for winter.

ashmanra

D’aw! Sweet story! Enjoy your Thursday to the fullest!

seule771

Happy Halloween and might I ask: is there a Halloween Tea? I may have missed this.

K S

seule771, I don’t have any specific Halloween teas. I’ve read other’s reviews of 52Teas Candy Corn. For me a pumpkin spice tea is about as close as I go.

gmathis

Didn’t 52Teas also do a Graveyard Mist?

Glad for the two of you that there’s a whole holiday full of lovey reminders :) For similar reasons, I get misty any time I hear somebody say “Howdy.”

Janefan

52teas had “The Witching Hour” (sold out), but now there’s also http://www.52teas.com/witches-brew-chai/

Yeah, not gonna lie, I freaking love this thing.

Whipped cream on everything pls!

ScottTeaMan

I’m not sure if I should “Like” a Tea Frapp-especially from Starbucks! OK, twist my arm. :))

DaisyChubb

haha I know, it’s an abomination

Skulleigh

Hah! That’s my summer staple if I “have” to go to Starbucks. Hubs likes to go there from time to time. That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.

Mélissa

Ahhh, still figuring out how to make this properly too! All efforts are worthy.

Skulleigh

Mélissa, what recipe are you using? I should try my hand at a homemade one too. I have two jars of Matcha that I should really use.

Mélissa

I’m litterally just blending *sensibly dissolved * matcha with water, ice, agave, milk of choice, and my make-it-drinkable ingredient, DaVinci’s white chocolate sauce. There are probably better options out there (Please do share), but my colleagues like this recipe.

Skulleigh

The agave is the sweetener, right? I googled some recipies, and the ones I saw used vanilla syrup, which, I’m trying to think if I get any hint of vanilla in Starbucks’ version.

Mélissa

The question is how long until Tim Hortons decides to make/ruin this? hahaha.

Skulleigh

LOL, comments like this make me really hesitant to go to Tim Hortons if I ever go to Canada. They don’t seem to have a good reputation for anything tea related!

DaisyChubb

(For Vanilla syrup I buy Vanilla Nesquik haha. It’s so cheap, and you only need like a spoonful, woop!)

DaisyChubb

Oh yeah, don’t go to Tim Horton’s for tea haha :) But the bagels are good. ;)

Kittenna

Their non-coffee drinks are usually just fine! But yeah, tea not so much.

Kittenna

Durr, I meant coffee drinks, not non-coffee drinks (or conversely, substitute in ‘non-tea’).

I’ve been so eagerly awaiting my Red Leaf order that I’ve kind of been on a kick with these. Not healthy at all, but whatever.

I think it’s just a bit of an acquired taste. I love the odd looks I get when I’m drinking something this green!

Helena

yeah they probably think it’s wheatgrass or something. Or one of those really gross protein drinks… I haven’t had starbucks in ages and that’s a good thing for my wallet :D (of course any money I save goes to other tea companies… Butiki…)

MsWhatsit

I’ve never tried one of those before. Maybe it’s time to branch out a bit.

I had a treat receipt from ordering coffee this morning, and this has been something I’ve been trying to get the courage up to try. So I ordered it to drink on the way home from work as a treat. Unfortunately the tea flavor/matcha in this is the epitome of exactly what I don’t like in a green tea. I can’t get past the fresh hay flavor that this tea brings out. Leads me to think I really will not enjoy matcha, as this flavor/smell is something I just can’t do. Even the amount of sugar and whipped cream didn’t make it do able for me. My husband slurped it all up pretty quickly though :)

Cofftea

I can do matcha (LOVE it), but I don’t like it mixed w/ dairy. Although… I think it would be amazing as a blended iced green tea latte (half milk, half ice) w/ mocha and peppermint syrups so it’s kinda like a frozen matcha peppermint hot chocolate. Maybe Strawberry puree too? One thing is for sure, I don’t do classic syrup in anything.

Stephen Wise

This tastes like consumerism crap that just happens not to be my cup of tea – too much sugar mixed with the matcha they use. Very dry tasting, I thought.

Cofftea

AMEN STEPHEN! I don’t like dairy + matcha (unless it’s matcha drinking chocolate), but if you do, why can’t we get PURE matcha lattes? It bugs me when people automatically assume we want things sweetened (they do that w/ all their tea lattes- but not espresso ones oddly).

I can’t stop… I need a Starbucks intervention (no, seriously I do)! LOL, this one didn’t have as much matcha as I prefer, but still a nice summer treat :-D

Cofftea

Try the matcha powder in a hot chocolate or mocha:)

-Jessica-

Oooh I don’t know about that! I’m not much of a chocolate fan, every once in a while I’ll eat a piece of dark chocolate or possibly a bite of caramel chocolate and that’s about it and usually only once or twice out the whole year lol. But thanks for the idea, I’m sure others would love that combo… it does sound interesting ;-)

This is such a guilty pleasure.
I mean, 440 calories in one drink? That’s pretty killer.

But I love these things!

It’s very, very sweet. The matcha flavor is strong, but there’s so much milk and whipped cream that any bitterness from the green tea vanishes completely. It’s like drinking green tea ice cream, but sweeter. Much, much sweeter.

Also, as I was sitting at my desk enjoying the drink, one of our residents came in and kept looking at my drink out of the corner of his eye.
“Is that green?” he finally asked.
“Yes sir!” I answer in my perky I’m-working-hard voice.
“…thank God, I thought my eyes were going wacko on me.”

Cofftea

HAHA that was the same reaction my mom had the 1st time I drank (real) matcha!

I had to pick one of these up because KS reviews them all the time. I haven’t had one in a long time. It tasted delicious. A little on the sweet side but I forgot to ask for less sweetener when I ordered. It tastes like green tea powder, not necessarily matcha, mixed with ice and cream. The green tea taste is more sweet grass than vegetable flavour. I splurged and went for the large dollop of (fake) whipped cream on top.

K S

I’d love to review something else when my wife drags me in there but this is the only thing I have found I enjoy – over sweet, fake, and all. Actually, since I have never had matcha before, I did not know this wasn’t the real thing. Ignorance is bliss. :)

Lala

Well they say it is made with “green tea powder (matcha)” but it doesn’t taste like true matcha to me. Either way it is delicious, no matter the ingredients.

Am I really doing a tasting note for this? Heck yeah!

Soy, half base, no classic, green tea frappawhatsit. Not nearly as good as the matcha smoothies I make at home, but not a bad recovery drink after a poorly fueled 6 hour hike. I even got whipping cream.

Backlogging from Friday Aug 12

16 oz, soy, and whipped cream

I have been wanting to try this, so I dragged my boyfriend with me to get one. At first, I thought that the green tea was really bitter. As I kept drinking it, the better the taste got and the more I liked it. It is really nice to have on a warm day and it was my very first taste of matcha. I wanted to try it in something before I decided to get a tin for myself. I am glad to say that it did not put me off of matcha and it makes me want to try it for myself even more now.

Even though I don’t really care for coffee, I would go to Starbucks again to get this. It was really tasty.

MaddHatter

I am happy you liked it, I have tried it twice and found it to have a really powdery taste to it.

MaddHatter

but, it makes me want to go out and try it again.

MegWesley

I thought it had a powdery taste to it when I first sipped it. But it grew on me quite quickly.

Personally, I find this stuff to be a crime against matcha. The one you can get in Japan is a bit better than the US one, as it is less sweet. However, all the cream and such just is not necessary. The one I got in the US actually made me feel sick.
Unless you have a serious sweet tooth, I would suggest you avoid this. If you want a matcha dessert, add the powder to some fairly plain ice cream or yogurt instead. You can even buy some decent matcha ice creams that maintain the bitter but tasty matcha flavor.

AMEN! I’d give it a 1.

Ricky

Haha, I love this one! I like the strawberry blended creme a lot better though. If you are looking for matcha, this definitely isn’t the drink to go for. I usually only drink this during the summers.

S

Have you tried the Starbucks Matcha latte instead of the blended creme? It’s less creamy and has a lot fewer calories that a blended creme does. I’m not sure if they taste good, though, as I’ve never tastes one before.