Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS

From Starwest Botanicals

Bancha tea or Camellia sinensis is a traditional Japanese green tea typically consumed as an everyday beverage. While there is some variation, this loose leaf tea is a yellowish brown color when brewed. With less caffeine and tannins than many other black or green teas, Bancha tea has a light, slightly sweet flavor that some describe as toasty.

About Starwest Botanicals View company

Enjoying my last cup of this tea.

Even though this is what is considered a lower grade of Sencha, this tastes quite a bit different from the Sencha teas that I’ve tasted.

It has a vegetative quality to it… but there again, it is a different vegetative quality than I’m used to. Usually, I either find a tea to be quite vegetative=grassy or it is vegetative=steamed (or) buttered vegetables.

I don’t know that this is either of those… even though I am noting a soft butter-like note toward the end of the sip, kind of creamy. It’s very intriguing, and very tasty.

I really like this particular Bancha Tea. It is very pleasant and even calming. Nice.

Batrachoid

Sometimes I think vegetative leans towards aquatic plants like nori and wakame. Or swamp/rainforest mossy vegetation. Helpful? =)

LiberTEAS

Batrachoid – I don’t know that I would use either of these descriptions to describe it either… it’s sort of like a vegetable, but one that I’ve not tried before, if that makes sense… something very yummy, like a cross between a broccoli and an artichoke.

Kinda of buttery but sweet a little creamy but yummy – yummy – yummy! This is much better than I expected! A lovely green!