Chai Spice Black Tea

Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamon, Clove, Ginger
Edit tea info Last updated by Kate

From Stash Premium

Our interpretation of this classic Indian drink blends rich, flavorful Indian black teas with cinnamon, clove, ginger and cardamom. The brewed tea is very aromatic, with a flavor that is slightly sweet, strong, and penetrating, with lingering notes of almond. This tea is excellent plain or with milk (regular or evaporated) and sweetener. It is exceptional any time of day-as a rich morning cup, an enjoyable dessert tea, or as a special treat.

About Stash Premium View company

Not a very exciting chai. No real problems with it but it is more likely I will use it as tea when I’m not taking the time to savor it.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is quite spicy, so I like it. However, the ratio of black tea to spice is incredibly low, so I found this has almost no body if brewed in water. I like to brew it in apple juice or milk for a stronger flavor.

Meh. It’s a decent chai. The tea part is kind of weak, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Not sure I would invest in an entire box of it, though. :)

I’ve tried this chai made a few ways, straight (meh), with a dash of cream & a tsp of sweetener (not bad), steeped in milk (ok), and today I made it with frothed milk & two teaspoons of Splenda (next time I’ll cut it back to just one).

I prefer it the way it was prepared tonight, but it’s still a very weak chai. I let it steep for ten minutes in the milk, and wish I would have used two bags instead of one. It’s not bad, I am enjoying it, but the only flavors that I’m getting off of it are cinnamon & light clove. Doubt I would buy this again, and I’ll probably get some loose leaf chai once I run out of this.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves

150 °F / 65 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The taste of cloves overwhelmed all the other spices, as well as the tea itself. Good for waking me up and with something sweet and rich like cake. Not for relaxing and blander food. Overall good everyday tea.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger

Great for a work tea, especially if you add a little bit of sugar. I’m a little disappointed that I can’t tell what spices are in this though. My immediate reaction is “cinnamon!” but I have the sneaking suspicion it might just as well be cardamom. A pleasant tea to sip on absentmindedly.

I’m new to the world of chai, as I usually stick with herbals or green teas, but I’m trying to branch out-broaden my horizons if you will. I grabbed this one because it looked pretty and steeped a quick cup as soon as I got home. I added a splash of almond milk and a little bit of sugar and it was exactly what I wanted it to be. It has definitely encourage me to try some other brands and spice variations of chai.

not a good chai

Flavors: Cinnamon

195 °F / 90 °C 6 min, 30 sec 2 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

decent chai tea.

use milk and sugar

I found the cinnamon to be overpowering. Even the smell of the tea brewing from a couple feet away gave me a headache, and I love a chai with well-balanced spices.

Brewed 1 bag with 12oz water, then added a generous drop of fat free milk.

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML