Irish Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

A rich, robust morning cup. Delicious with milk.

About Stash Tea Company View company

1 bag for 250mL water @100C, steeped five minutes. Drunk bare.

Well, look what I just found, hinding in my tea cupboard. This blend is an old favourite from university, back in the early 1990s. I had a kettle in my dorm room, which I’m pretty sure was against some rule or another, and, after far too little sleep, I’d plop a bag of this into a travel mug, pour in the boiling water and lurch to class. I’d leave the bag in, desperate for any spare molecule of caffeine. I also liked the Assam notes.

CTC leaf that does not swell much. Liquor is dark and murky. Scent is all malt and biscuits with, believe it or not, a very faint floral note. It’s not bitter, but it does get assertive: no doubt, you’re drinking an Assam-heavy blend.And that’s just fine on a damp, foggy and cold day here in St. John’s.

I’ve drunk better Irish Breakfast blend. My local indie shop. Britannia, sells one so strong and malty it’ll make your socks roll up and down. Stash’s own loose leaf IB, and their loose Super IB, arem preditably, better than their bagged version. But the bagged IB gets serious nostalgia points. It was also one of my gateway teas, so I owe it gratitude. You can do much, much worse in a bagged tea.

This is a good breakfast tea, nice and strong. Goes great with Irish (steel cut) oatmeal!

This is an amazing Irish Breakfast. Very smooth. Great with a bit of milk and sugar. I was looking for a solid breakfast tea, and this definitely fits the bill.

I got three solid re-steeps out of it before I decided to switch it up for the day.

Highly recommend this one.

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is a fantastically strong tea that makes a perfect accompaniment to breakfast on those mornings some “get up and go” is needed.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more