Fusion Green and White

Green White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

Stash Fusion Green and White Tea begins with mutan white (or white peony), which is made from the leaves of the “dai bai” or “big white” bush, and mixed with buds from the “shui hsien” or “water sprite” tea plant. The leaves have silver tips, and are predominantly greenish-brown in color and very flat. The buds are lustrous, soft and silvery. White tea is full of potent antioxidants and may even be more beneficial than green tea.

This white tea is blended with sencha green tea from Japan, osmanthus green tea from China, Assam green tea from India, Darjeeling green tea from India, and organic green tea from Sri Lanka. The resulting tea is pale gold in the cup and has a unique delicate, smooth flavor.

Ingredients: White tea, Japanese green, Chinese green, Assam green, Darjeeling green, and organic green teas.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Grr, I tried to post this once and it got eaten. >:(

I got a cup of this to go when the boyfriend and I were shopping for X-mas stuff. Surprisingly it brewed up without any bitterness this time. The green tea is the dominent flavour in this tea, not surprising when you consider how delicate white teas are. There’s a slight rice-grain flavour that I can taste, although nowhere near the sort you’d find in a genmai-cha.

Jason

Got eaten? Like you closed out the window or there was an error posting?

I haven’t tried a straight green/white blend, sounds interesting. I imagine the white helps sweeten some of the natural bitterness of the greens?

Jillian

Got eaten as in I posted the message and it didn’t show up on my tealog. It logged the tea, but didn’t include any of my comments.

Jason

Weird, we’ll take a look at that….

Jillian

It’s no biggy, but thanks. :)

Bagged

Aroma when Dry: bright,rich, vegital.

After water is first poured: Grassy, sweet (eastern)

At end of steep: grassyer
Tea liquor:
At end of steep: Light grassy green

Staple? No
Time of day preferred: Any, but great as first or last tea if the day.
Taste:
first notes: light, grassy, mild.
As it cools? Blends, slightly bitter aftertaste
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No.
Lingers? Yes, cool, with slight bitter quality.

I had a bag of this from my mom in law, let’s see!

The bag smells sooo good. Like buttery-sweet green teas and kind of reminded me of genmaicha for some reason. I was excited :)

Brewed, it was an alright taste. Not bitter… just something was lacking. It was very one-dimensional. I actually don’t mind Stash teas and tea bags, but I can’t quite put my finger on what I was missing. The liquor was dark and murky, I think that’s what turned me off!

Anyways, I didn’t have any teas I wanted at work so I wanted to try something new :) Done!

I just bought this tea…fig I would try it out being that green tea is my fav and i also enjoy white. Its tasty and with a little bit of agave syrup it tastes sweet enough

Cofftea

I love tea blends, and I love both green and white teas… but I still can’t figure out how a blend w/ different types of tea can be good since different teas require different water temperatures and steeping times.

This comes off as a nice light cup of tea with a bit of sweetness. Overall when it comes to teabags this is light when it comes to a green tea blend but when compared to loose teas I’d say it comes off as a green tea with a bit of white tea thrown in for the sake of doing so. So think light green tea as white tea is subtle enough that you have to have it unblended to really be able to taste it.

This tea has a perfectly acceptable flavor- it’s nothing spectacular, but if you’re looking for green tea in a bag that tastes okay, this will get the job done. I’m not really sure I understand the point of mixing in the white tea- I find that the flavor of the white tea is completely overpowered by the green, so this just tastes like green tea to me. That’s fine, and I like it well enough, but I don’t really get any flavor notes resembling white tea.

Ehh. It’s an okay green/white mix. Good for when you’re in the mood for a nameless green tea. I haven’t been drinking very much tea lately; the Den’s tea samplers have destroyed my ability to enjoy anything else. Good thing I ordered some tea from them earlier.

This is one of my favorite teas. Very nice blend with the green of course coming out on top, but the delicate white taste is still there in the background. I’ve actually made an iced, sweet tea out of this from time to time.

A delicious fusion of green and white tea. Slightly sweet, slightly herbal. Not too bitter at all. Doesn’t need any honey to sweeten it up.

Like most green/white tea blends, this is a good-for-you drink with a soft, buttery taste that is definitely less astringent than Stash’s unblended green tea. The flavor is pronounced without slapping you in the face, so to speak…! xD