Fusion Green and White

Green White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

Stash Fusion Green and White Tea begins with mutan white (or white peony), which is made from the leaves of the “dai bai” or “big white” bush, and mixed with buds from the “shui hsien” or “water sprite” tea plant. The leaves have silver tips, and are predominantly greenish-brown in color and very flat. The buds are lustrous, soft and silvery. White tea is full of potent antioxidants and may even be more beneficial than green tea.

This white tea is blended with sencha green tea from Japan, osmanthus green tea from China, Assam green tea from India, Darjeeling green tea from India, and organic green tea from Sri Lanka. The resulting tea is pale gold in the cup and has a unique delicate, smooth flavor.

Ingredients: White tea, Japanese green, Chinese green, Assam green, Darjeeling green, and organic green teas.

About Stash Tea Company View company

According to the Stash site, the tea is supposed to be a “pale gold”, and it looks as though the White tea is supposed to be the pilot in this tea and not the passenger. Well, I would say that it’s more of a lovely dark orange – most likely due to the large amount of green tea in this blend. Simply smelling the finished tea after I finished steeping it revealed the strong smell of green tea. I think you could have told me that there was just green tea in this and I wouldn’t be able to tell you any differently. That’s a bit of a shame, as I have more plain green tea than I can give away to friends as it is.

There is a bright side to this blend, however, in that drinking it yields a taste that is not UTTERLY green; I can really taste the white tea in the way that the taste rounds out nicely without the astringent after taste of green tea. I think the white tea in this blend is like this green tea’s Jimney Cricket; it keeps the green in line and stops it from coming on too strong.

If you want a light green tea minus the in gentle after taste, I would recommend this. You’ll be disappointed if you expect a good white tea, as it is utterly over powered by the green.

One of my favs for bagged tea. It’s a nice gentle combination of green and white tea. Sure sometimes you can mix them yourself, but sometimes you simply can’t.

This has always been my favorite morning tea. It is balanced and light, but I think I am moving in a direction to desire more developed tea flavors.

Forgot about it and steeped it too long.

Still not bad though.

This is an alright tea. Kind of bland, but not so bland that it would be considered tasteless. It’s kind of a light floraly sort of flavor. Not bitter at all, and tastes nice with a bit of honey. I wouldn’t recommend it, but if you happen to come across it somewhere give it a try.

It’s good! I taste more green than white but overall a smooth delicious tea fusion, plain and simple.

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea is just boring to me. It tastes like the stuff you get for free at a cheap chinese diner. I don’t mind drinking it- there is nothing particularly offensive about it, but I would never buy it again.

I was hit or miss on this one. I could taste the blend of the white and green together but I didn’t feel very moved by it. I guess I was hoping for more of the soft, buttery white tea to show through the green.

It has a chinese touch to it, that I can’t quite place. I’m not very fond of this tea.

Smooth, easy to drink, and enjoyable.