Organic Merry Mint Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

• “Wow, this tea hasn't gotten much love on Steepster, but I never let that influence my opinion. I like mint teas, love spearmint, and I'm on the hunt for that special one. I got this in loose...” Read full tasting note
    Zweven 136 tasting notes
  • “First off, I have yet another random tea bag of this that I'm drinking now, although I do prefer it loose (heh) and have some left from last holiday season. I gotta say as much as I love the...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “Bagged Appearance: Aroma when Dry: Bright, fresh, woodsy, powder sweet (western) After water is first poured: woody, fresh, slightly sweet At end of steep: mellow and crisp, slight spearmint...” Read full tasting note
    NatureDancer 189 tasting notes
  • “Has a very obvious Colgate smell to it, but tastes a lot less toothpastey going down. Heavy on the spearmint and wintergreen side, and if you do swish it around like mouthwash, you can catch the...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1706 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

Festive blend of organic green tea and lively spearmint and peppermint.

Ingredients: organic green tea, organic spearmint, organic peppermint, organic ginger root, organic lemongrass, organic wintergreen oil

Steeping Instructions: 1-3 minutes at 170-190 degrees Fahrenheit

Caffeinated: Yes

About Stash Tea Company View company

Wow, this tea hasn’t gotten much love on Steepster, but I never let that influence my opinion. I like mint teas, love spearmint, and I’m on the hunt for that special one.

I got this in loose leaf form from the recent Stash sale. Opening the pouch and I can see why people think “toothpaste” or mouthwash. That’s not a negative to me though. This has spearmint, peppermint and wintergreen .. a 3-mint punch. There’s lemongrass and ginger too, but not noticing it. It smells wonderful.

After brewing, it’s a lot tamer than the dry aroma would make you believe. It’s tame. The green tea is a nice light base and the mints all meld together nicely. I added a tsp. of honey, so this is on the sweet side to me. I might be able to get by without any sweetener (will try next time). Well, I like this! But I’m very forgiving when it comes to this category. Do I love it? Well, no, but we are just getting to know each other : )

And ah yes, there’s the mouthwash correlation (aftertaste). But I like that … refreshing.

First off, I have yet another random tea bag of this that I’m drinking now, although I do prefer it loose (heh) and have some left from last holiday season.

I gotta say as much as I love the loose, this one isn’t as great. It reminds me of the taste of a postage stamp. Or sticker or envelope. Not exactly what I like in a tea. I added my own additional mint and cinnamon, plus some sugar, just to make it drinkable. But honestly I’d avoid the BAGGED of this variety.

Bagged
Appearance:
Aroma when Dry: Bright, fresh, woodsy, powder sweet (western)
After water is first poured: woody, fresh, slightly sweet
At end of steep: mellow and crisp, slight spearmint and lighter vanilla notes

Staple? Yes, stocked up for the year on bags but will look into the loose leaf next year.
Time of day preferred: evening
Taste:
first notes: general fresh mintyness
As it cools? Notes open up, layer and brighten. The blend deepens,Green tea starts to become noticeable, as are the individual mints. Ginger is faint, but present and there is a bite after a while.
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No.
Lingers? Yes, with a clear, slight warmth, closing on spearmint and wintergreen notes.
Is good at room temperature,
Want to try chilled sometime.

Has a very obvious Colgate smell to it, but tastes a lot less toothpastey going down. Heavy on the spearmint and wintergreen side, and if you do swish it around like mouthwash, you can catch the lemongrass flavor. So-so.

Thanks kasumi for sending me this. If you love mint teas like me you will most likely love this tea!

What can I say? It starts getting better about halfway down the mug, but the first few mouthfuls were like dishwater with a dash of toothpaste. The ‘spices’ muddy the mint flavour rather than complementing it.

It’s drinkable, but as minty greens go it’s definitely not a strong contender in my book.

Imagine drinking chewing gum.
Mellow mint that makes you want to chew every sip.
Kinda surreal, perhaps one for Willy Wonka. :)

can definitely taste both the spearmint & peppermint in this one. I like that it’s green tea based. Will definitely add to my ever-growing collection of go-to mint teas.

I usually like green and mint combinations, but this one had a distinctly toothpastey mint flavor (the wintergreen maybe).

Barely tasted the ginger. Minty though. Super minty. Which is a good thing.