Organic Cascade Mint

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

From Stash Tea Company

Our Organic Cascade Mint caffeine-free blend is a refreshing combination of top-quality organic peppermint and spearmint leaves. This soothing drink is excellent both hot and iced.

Stash Tea purchases its mint leaf directly from the Washington farmers who are certified organic through the Washington State Department of Agriculture. It is sent from the mint fields to the Stash plant, where it is blended and packaged.

Ingredients: organic peppermint, organic spearmint

Steeping Instructions: 3-5 minutes at 190-209 degrees Fahrenheit
Caffeinated: No
Country of Origin: USA

About Stash Tea Company View company

Thank you Jude for sending this tea – along with a few others. :) I loved the minty sensation this tea left behind. Sweet spearmint with spicy peppermint created the ultimate stress reliever for me this evening. Pairs well with my latest video game, Fable 3! Next Stash order, I’m going to get a box of this – I could use another stress relief tea at work!

gmathis

If you find the magic make-everything-go-away stress relief tea that actually works at work, LET ME KNOW!!!! :)

KeenTeaThyme

Will do! :) The quest continues…

Enjoyed this at a local cafe. Delicious and refreshing :)

As far as bagged tea goes, Stash is one of the few companies I’ve had positive experiences with. And as far as straight up mint teas go, compared to Pukka’s Three Mint Tea (my grounds for comparison) this isn’t bad.

I don’t get much mint flavour immediately, I find, and it’s more of a mint aftertaste that it leaves in my mouth. It’s also subtly sweet, and and I guess would be good if someone wants a fresh taste in their mouth after a meal. I’m probably not going to buy any more once I finish my box, since I have lots of other mint teas that I prefer, but it’s definitely not bad.

Boiling 8 min or more

Found this in a Stash Organic variety pack. If mint tea was silk, this would be it. In-freakin-credible!

Bagged

Aroma when Dry: layered mint, slightly powdery
After water is first poured: bright, minty, cool
At end of steep: woodsy, bright, minty and cool
Tea liquor:
First: light green
At end of steep: deepens slightly

Staple? Yes
Time of day preferred: Any
Taste: balanced mint, neither variety overpowering the other. Fresh, not spicy or bitter
first notes: slightly sharp, bright, woody, minty, slightly sweet.
As it cools? notes hold, but blend slightly. gets a bit sharper.
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No, but have used raw sugar in the past, and agave when chilled, both are lovely
Lingers? Yes, notes punctuating their departure.
Also good chilled.

A decent tea, but I’m more of a straight up peppermint person. The spearmint is nice, but I think I’ll pass on to a plain peppermint tea next time. I prefer the spicy notes of peppermint, and this tea just didn’t deliver in that regards.

This is the one mint to rule them all. It contains both peppermint and spearmint, which lead to a tea so minty it almost makes my eyes water (in a good way). The flavour is cool, refreshing, a little spicy, and, like I said before, very, very minty. I drink it clear and hot, but I’m sure it’d be really good iced too.

This tea was okay. I am looking for a tea with a great deal of mint (like Stash’s Moroccan Mint) but without caffeine. This tea just didn’t do it. The mint flavor was very weak.

My go to tea when i’m getting over a cold and have that awful post-cold cough. Add honey to it and it soothes the throat.

Looking for something with a little bit of mint…and bagged…just feeling lazy. Haven’t had this in a while so I thought I would revisit it. It did the job.