Blueberry Superfruit

Fruit Herbal Blend
Licorice
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by pyarkaaloo

2 Images

From Stash Tea Company

A bright blend of fruit flavors takes this tea to a whole new level of refreshment and thirst-quenching enjoyment. Pleasingly tart by itself or add a bit of sugar for a different taste treat. Try it iced, too – delicious!

About Stash Tea Company View company

Backlogging. 2 days ago. Sunday night.

Yet another tea that I’ve drank half a box of already but didn’t log during The Great Unlogged Period. I don’t have a lot to say about this one. General berry flavor more than blueberry and tart.

For this cup, I added honey, thinking to try it as a last night throat soother for a break from Lemon Zinger with honey. This tea really does not work with honey. But I suspected that might be the case.

From previous cups, I know steeping for only three minutes brought out the berry more.

Missy

Lol, I like “the Great Unlogged Period.”

CupofTree

me too haha

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

lol There was actually a Great Unlogged Period followed by two brief Unlogged Occupations.

I had this tea when I went to a friend’s house on Halloween. I could get the blueberry taste, but it wasn’t a pleasant fresh taste, but more of an imitation blueberry. As with all other Stash teas I’ve tried, I can only get one decently strong steep from a teabag. It’s definitely not a tea that I would purchase for myself, but it’s not the worst tea I’ve tasted either.

Ok seriously, this tea weirding me out. The dry tea bag smelled a little funky. I already blocked it out of my memory but it wasn’t pleasant.

I’m bad and have been letting this tisane steep forever. Just left the bag in my mug. It’s been about eight minutes now and I’m finally tackling it. Firstly, the steeped tea smells quite sour, like lemon juice out of a bottle. The taste is awfully tart too, like drinking hot water with a slice of lemon, and an added touch of tart artificial blueberry. I’d imagine a sour blueberry pixie stick to taste like this.

And about the hibiscus in here. Its flavour is masked by the tart lemon-like flavour, however, it’s creating that same dry sensation in the mouth that I get from hibiscus. It contributes to that ultra tart zing.

TheTeaFairy

I can handle tart in my tea, but in most cases, I find hibiscus ruines everything! It should be forbidden in the tea world!

Fjellrev

I wholeheartedly agree. I know very few people who actually like it too, so why it’s in so many teas/tisanes is beyond me.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Reading your review after writing mine, I’m not sure if you have any more bags of this but if you do, I found that steeping it only 3 minutes as opposed to 5 minutes, for me, brought out the berry taste more and toned the tart down some. Don’t get me wrong, this is still a tart tea.

Fjellrev

Ah sorry, I only had one bag from a restaurant. I’m sure it would have been better had I taken out the teabag much sooner. Oh well!

Read the ingredient list before tasting and was automatically prejudiced against it: hibiscus is the FIRST item on the list; licorice powder is the last. Two blecchs in my book. But it’s OK. Fruity without being painfully zinger-y. Then again, I’m concurrently eating jelly beans and lemon wafer cookies which may be tainting my taste buds.

I too was a little put off by the licorice powder additive (I hate licorice), but I went ahead and tried this tea, since it was the last ingredient in the list, and I like hibiscus. Luckily I didn’t taste any licorice tones in this at all!

The bag/packet smelled nice and blueberry-ey, but the blueberry taste was really more of an undertone in the brewed tea. It tasted more like a fruity hibiscus tea with a bright lemony taste to it – I was reminded of the Zinger teas made by Celestial Seasonings. Overall, I really liked this, but I don’t know that I would consider it to be a blueberry flavored tea.

It reminds me of blueberry pie. I don’t normally like blueberries but this tea is an exception, it pairs well with English muffins at breakfast

The lovely, fruity aroma set me up for disappointment. All I can taste is the licorice powder.

Pretty good. Definitely an interesting taste. Blueberry is the strongest taste here.

So, I’ve opened up my first tab, at this not so little coffee shop. There is a $5 minimum on credit/debit purchases so I couldn’t get just one tea bag. I must be close to one of the colleges as there are plenty of people here after seven to satisfy my love of people watching.

I was saddened to see, of course after I plopped the tea bag in my mug and poured the water over, that blueberry flavor was the SIXTH item in the ingredient list.

These stash teas are okay but I’m finding myself thinking that I should have brewed something in a tumbler and had the boyfriend drop me at a library instead. These are plain compared to most tea I have at home. These are sort of like flavored water to me for some reason. They are fine to drink in a setting like this but I doubt I will purchase them for my stash.

I’m not impressed with this one at all. It smells like blueberry, but it tastes more like licorice than than anything else, and is really rather bland. I really don’t think I’ll be buying this again.

Flavors: Licorice