Blueberry Superfruit

Fruit Herbal Blend
Blueberry, Chicory Root, Citric Acid, Flavor, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Licorice Powder, Orange Peel, Rose Hips
Berries, Blueberry, Fruity, Sweet, Hibiscus, Pastries, Pleasantly Sour, Roasted, Rosehips, Sour, Licorice
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by ctjuggler

2 Images

• “Backlogging. 2 days ago. Sunday night. Yet another tea that I’ve drank half a box of already but didn’t log during The Great Unlogged Period. I don’t have a lot to say about this...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “I had this tea when I went to a friend’s house on Halloween. I could get the blueberry taste, but it wasn’t a pleasant fresh taste, but more of an imitation blueberry. As with all other Stash...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “Ok seriously, this tea weirding me out. The dry tea bag smelled a little funky. I already blocked it out of my memory but it wasn’t pleasant. I’m bad and have been letting this tisane...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1425 tasting notes
  • “Read the ingredient list before tasting and was automatically prejudiced against it: hibiscus is the FIRST item on the list; licorice powder is the last. Two blecchs in my...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1917 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

A bright blend of fruit flavors takes this tea to a whole new level of refreshment and thirst-quenching enjoyment. Pleasingly tart by itself or add a bit of sugar for a different taste treat. Try it iced, too – delicious!
-———————————————-
The ingredients include Blueberry powder (not whole blueberries) and Acai Powder (neither of these were not on the ingredient data base).

About Stash Tea Company View company

Backlogging. 2 days ago. Sunday night.

Yet another tea that I’ve drank half a box of already but didn’t log during The Great Unlogged Period. I don’t have a lot to say about this one. General berry flavor more than blueberry and tart.

For this cup, I added honey, thinking to try it as a last night throat soother for a break from Lemon Zinger with honey. This tea really does not work with honey. But I suspected that might be the case.

From previous cups, I know steeping for only three minutes brought out the berry more.

Missy

Lol, I like “the Great Unlogged Period.”

CupofTree

me too haha

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

lol There was actually a Great Unlogged Period followed by two brief Unlogged Occupations.

I had this tea when I went to a friend’s house on Halloween. I could get the blueberry taste, but it wasn’t a pleasant fresh taste, but more of an imitation blueberry. As with all other Stash teas I’ve tried, I can only get one decently strong steep from a teabag. It’s definitely not a tea that I would purchase for myself, but it’s not the worst tea I’ve tasted either.

I’m bad and have been letting this tisane steep forever. Just left the bag in my mug. It’s been about eight minutes now and I’m finally tackling it. Firstly, the steeped tea smells quite sour, like lemon juice out of a bottle. The taste is awfully tart too, like drinking hot water with a slice of lemon, and an added touch of tart artificial blueberry. I’d imagine a sour blueberry pixie stick to taste like this.

And about the hibiscus in here. Its flavour is masked by the tart lemon-like flavour, however, it’s creating that same dry sensation in the mouth that I get from hibiscus. It contributes to that ultra tart zing.

TheTeaFairy

I can handle tart in my tea, but in most cases, I find hibiscus ruines everything! It should be forbidden in the tea world!

Fjellrev

I wholeheartedly agree. I know very few people who actually like it too, so why it’s in so many teas/tisanes is beyond me.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Reading your review after writing mine, I’m not sure if you have any more bags of this but if you do, I found that steeping it only 3 minutes as opposed to 5 minutes, for me, brought out the berry taste more and toned the tart down some. Don’t get me wrong, this is still a tart tea.

Fjellrev

Ah sorry, I only had one bag from a restaurant. I’m sure it would have been better had I taken out the teabag much sooner. Oh well!

1917 tasting notes

Read the ingredient list before tasting and was automatically prejudiced against it: hibiscus is the FIRST item on the list; licorice powder is the last. Two blecchs in my book. But it’s OK. Fruity without being painfully zinger-y. Then again, I’m concurrently eating jelly beans and lemon wafer cookies which may be tainting my taste buds.

I too was a little put off by the licorice powder additive (I hate licorice), but I went ahead and tried this tea, since it was the last ingredient in the list, and I like hibiscus. Luckily I didn’t taste any licorice tones in this at all!

The bag/packet smelled nice and blueberry-ey, but the blueberry taste was really more of an undertone in the brewed tea. It tasted more like a fruity hibiscus tea with a bright lemony taste to it – I was reminded of the Zinger teas made by Celestial Seasonings. Overall, I really liked this, but I don’t know that I would consider it to be a blueberry flavored tea.

It reminds me of blueberry pie. I don’t normally like blueberries but this tea is an exception, it pairs well with English muffins at breakfast

The lovely, fruity aroma set me up for disappointment. All I can taste is the licorice powder.

Pretty good. Definitely an interesting taste. Blueberry is the strongest taste here.

I’ve been wondering about this tea for a while now, and so I picked up a box. I really enjoyed Celestial Seasoning’s True Blueberry Tea done up iced so I was curious about this tea.

Wow, what a disappointment. I brewed it up just like I would the other tea: 2L of water, cold brewed with 5 tea bags for approximately 24h. Instead of the TRUE blueberry taste you get a little bit of a blueberry followed by a sour taste that reminds me of Stash’s Meyer Lemon Tea. I will use up this tea by throwing 1-2 teabags in with Celestial Seasoning’s Blueberry Tea but will not repurchase.

Honestly, this is close to the 10th tea from Stash I’ve tried and I only cared for 1 (raspeberry Hibiscus). I think I will discontinue trying anymore from this company.

Flavors: Sour

Iced 8 min or more 2000 OZ / 59147 ML
rosebudmelissa

I really dislike Stash’s hibiscus herbals. I much prefer Celestial Seasoning’s.

Kristal

glad I’m not the only one!

As mentioned the only one I liked was the Raspberry Hibiscus. Most of the teas I’ve tried from them have been fruit herbals but there has been at least one green tea I’ve tried from them and it was of course mediocre.

Kristal

Another thing that bothers me about stash vs celestial seasonings and other tea bag companies is how each tea bag is individually wrapped. I know that it’s supposed to preserve freshness, but to me it is such a waste. Every time I make a pitcher of iced tea from Stash I have a pile of wrappers to throw out (which don’t seem to be recyclable because there is foil on the inside). Celestial Seasonings seems to preserve the freshness of their tea by having a liner on the inside of the box, which is good enough for me. I think they should at least take the foil out so it’s recyclable!

rosebudmelissa

I go back and forth on the foil pouches. Not having them is better for iced tea, but having them makes them much easier to carry in my purse.

Makes sense!

Definitely taste blueberries, not sweet but tart. I added vanilla creamer and a teaspoon of honey and it was a delight.

Flavors: Blueberry

Kristal

Really wanna try this one iced in the summer

slb2221

I’m sure it would be refreshing. I haven’t had it iced yet Kristal

Kristal

Let me know if you do! I really enjoy Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry tea iced. One of my favourite iced teas, actually.