Blueberry Superfruit

Fruit Herbal Blend
Blueberry, Chicory Root, Citric Acid, Flavor, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Licorice Powder, Orange Peel, Rose Hips
Berries, Blueberry, Fruity, Sweet, Hibiscus, Pastries, Pleasantly Sour, Roasted, Rosehips, Sour, Licorice
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by ctjuggler

2 Images

• “Backlogging. 2 days ago. Sunday night. Yet another tea that I’ve drank half a box of already but didn’t log during The Great Unlogged Period. I don’t have a lot to say about this...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes
  • “I had this tea when I went to a friend’s house on Halloween. I could get the blueberry taste, but it wasn’t a pleasant fresh taste, but more of an imitation blueberry. As with all other Stash...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes
  • “Ok seriously, this tea weirding me out. The dry tea bag smelled a little funky. I already blocked it out of my memory but it wasn’t pleasant. I’m bad and have been letting this tisane...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1426 tasting notes
  • “Read the ingredient list before tasting and was automatically prejudiced against it: hibiscus is the FIRST item on the list; licorice powder is the last. Two blecchs in my...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1917 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

A bright blend of fruit flavors takes this tea to a whole new level of refreshment and thirst-quenching enjoyment. Pleasingly tart by itself or add a bit of sugar for a different taste treat. Try it iced, too – delicious!
-———————————————-
The ingredients include Blueberry powder (not whole blueberries) and Acai Powder (neither of these were not on the ingredient data base).

About Stash Tea Company View company

This tasted quite fruity. All around it tasted quite good. It was a bit tart but not too tart.

Flavors: Blueberry, Hibiscus, Rosehips

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Kristal

I’m curious to know how this would be iced :)

ctjuggler

Iced Blueberry Superfruit sounds good. Unfortunately I don’t have any more to try iced.

So, I’ve opened up my first tab, at this not so little coffee shop. There is a $5 minimum on credit/debit purchases so I couldn’t get just one tea bag. I must be close to one of the colleges as there are plenty of people here after seven to satisfy my love of people watching.

I was saddened to see, of course after I plopped the tea bag in my mug and poured the water over, that blueberry flavor was the SIXTH item in the ingredient list.

These stash teas are okay but I’m finding myself thinking that I should have brewed something in a tumbler and had the boyfriend drop me at a library instead. These are plain compared to most tea I have at home. These are sort of like flavored water to me for some reason. They are fine to drink in a setting like this but I doubt I will purchase them for my stash.

I’m not impressed with this one at all. It smells like blueberry, but it tastes more like licorice than than anything else, and is really rather bland. I really don’t think I’ll be buying this again.

Flavors: Licorice

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I really liked this tea with little cream and sugar, tasted exactly like a blueberry muffin! It was fantastic to have during the kids nap at work ;)

hibiscus, oh dear.

i can see how it’s been used to great effect to create the illusion of blueberry, along with the help of orange peel, lemongrass, rosehips, açai berry, blackcurrant, citric acid, and licorice (powder).

tart comes to mind! very tart. this tastes pretty much like Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry. i remember loving that one initially (which was years ago) because i loved blueberry flavors and still do. somehow, the mix of ingredients suddenly seemed too tart and artificial for my tastes. i feel that with this tea, too.

but i’m happy with the inclusion of superfruit(s), namely açai & other berry extracts.
i’ll treat this as a medicinal/preventative/herbal tisane with a somewhat unpleasant, but necessary tang.
here’s hoping for health!

on the positive side, the tea bag smells wonderful & i think the bright blue packet is quite fitting for the ultra fruity blueberry persona of the dry leaf.

ETA: if you ask me, the best iteration of Blueberry i’ve ever tasted has got to be Harney & Sons Paris, as well as their Blackcurrant. in fact, my impression of blueberry (at least in flavored things) is probably more ‘blackcurrant’ than actual blueberry. Blackcurrant is pretty amazing, and seemingly more ‘blueberry’ given my conflation of the two!

Anna

Ths does sound a little terrifying.

this tea is so flavourful! not that i ever add any but no need at all for sweetening (not that it’s sweet). it’s really good.

Meh. It has that same ‘hollow’ taste as the other Stash teas with licorice powder.

Very good for Stash, I thought. Hibiscus wasn’t overpowering, only a light note. Tasted enough like blueberries for me.

Berry tea that is tart. I don’t think it is overwhelming blueberry, but it clearly more blueberry than a berry zinger tea.