Organic Earl Grey Black and Green

Black Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by seule771

From Stash Tea Company

All-natural bergamot oil, green and black teas
100% natural ingredients blend of organic black teas and organic green teas with organic bergamot oil.
Brew for 3-5 minutes

About Stash Tea Company View company

A sample of this tea was included in my last Stash order, so I decided to give it a try last night. I’m not overly impressed with Stash’s Earl selections. The bergamot that they use overwhelms the tea mostly. When I’m not overly impressed, it is easy to get distracted, and ended up having a half cup that got completely cold (40 degrees in Ohio last night…brrr). When I tasted it cold, it was so much better. A light bulb went off, and I think I found a way to use up the regular Earl and double-b Earl bags that I have (iced!). Will see how that goes.

A review of Earl Grey Black & Green Tea by STASH Tea

This is a blend of 100% natural ingredients; equally distributed blend of organic black tea and organic green tea and organic bergamot oil.

I brew this tea bag in a cup of hot water for a few minutes and left the cover on for a bit longer than a few minutes. I want to note the bergamot (citrus flavor) more with this mixture. It smells lovely; not as malty as a black tea and certainly not astringent or grassy.

Taste is light in the body since I cannot tell at first if this is black or green tea. I would say since there appears to be no vegetal in the taste that it is characteristic of black tea and somewhat robust; mildly robust.

I would need more of this tea to enjoy it more; one small tea bag is not enough. Thank you Stash Tea for the sample.

seule771

Can you tell the difference with black and green tea when they are mixed? How to discern this since coloring and taste does not give way?

I found this in Stash’s Organic assortment. It’s very smooth and not as powerful as Stash Double Bergemeont Earl Grey or even Stash regular Earl Grey. I can’t detect any bitterness usually associated with green tea. I now only drink this tea to reward myself for doing something I’ve been putting off — otherwise I’d probably just spend my days drinking tea and not not doing much else.

My new favorite. I’m not usually a fan of green tea, but this one is very smooth and keeps me going throughout the day.

Mild, but nice. Combines the best attributes of black tea, green tea and bergamot.

As far as general boxed grocery store teas go, I’m actually pretty fond of this one. The store closest to me doesn’t have a particularly great selection, and this is the only Earl Grey they stock I’ll touch. It’s a big more mild than I like in my Earl Grey, the bergamot isn’t particularly strong, and I also feel the tea itself is really mild. I’ve detected not even a hint of bitterness, it’s just really smooth and chill. This is probably the only Earl Grey I’ll leave be without adding almond milk, though I generally take my green teas plain so it’s not a complete shock. It’s not my favorite by any stretch of the imagination, but it does me in a pinch and it’s great for the times I run out of milk and I’m dying for a citrus or black tea.

The green tea makes it lighter than a regular earl grey. Very nice tea.

This is a nice tea. I think the green tea makes it a little lighter than a normal earl grey.