Moroccan Mint

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Steven Trotter

• “So, I'm just going to put this out there because I know this is an amazing community of people and I thought someone here might be able to help me out. For those who only care about the tea...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1179 tasting notes
  • “Spearmint and peppermint nicely blended. This was my breakfast tea today! Usually I crave strong, hearty tea like Assam, Lapsang Souchong, Yorkshire Gold, etc. In fact, I went hunting for Lapsang...” Read full tasting note
    mamamiau 116 tasting notes
  • “This isn't my first tea of the day, but after just doing a sink full of dishes (no dishwasher), everything looks so shiny and clean, so I decided to search through my (many) boxes of bagged teas. ...” Read full tasting note
    Zweven 136 tasting notes
  • “This is a tea that's hard to mess up - mint and gunpowder green. It's also one of my faves. This version is OK. Nothing that says WOW but a decent cuppa nonetheless. I don't taste the lemongrass...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

Stash blends China Young Hyson green tea, spearmint and peppermint from Oregon, and freshly cut lemongrass for our fragrant and delicious Moroccan Mint green tea.

This combination of top quality ingredients makes our Moroccan Mint green tea very refreshing and aromatic. It is a superb drink hot or iced. Try it Moroccan style, sweetened with sugar.

100% natural ingredients: Green Tea, Spearmint, Lemongrass, Peppermint.

About Stash Tea Company View company

So, I’m just going to put this out there because I know this is an amazing community of people and I thought someone here might be able to help me out. For those who only care about the tea reviews, I’m sorry but I’m not really going to talk about this one at all so feel free to skip over my tasting note/review.

Groundhog’s Day is a really, really difficult time for me as well as the day after because it marks a pretty significant and difficult passing for me. It’s the anniversary of my cousin Luke’s death. However, I grew up with him my whole life and he was the closest family I’ve ever had – it would be more accurate, in my eyes, to call him a brother. It may be a horrible thing to say, but I was closer to him than my own brother.

The thing is, every time this day comes around I get really frustrated with the lack of closure I have and I always seem to “re-investigate” certain things. It’s very important to me that I find his obituary and the plot he was buried in, but I can never find this information because there was not much reported about his death (for reasons I’ll explain a little later) and he lived in London, Ontario at the time of his passing, which is not where I live so I can’t exactly go searching through archives and wasn’t really ‘around’ at the time it happened.

The reason there was hardly anything reported was because his death was a suicide and the typical news policy regarding suicides is to not report anything publicly for fear it will inspire others to commit suicide in the same means. Additionally, he was only 17 so his name wouldn’t have been released regardless since he was a minor.

I would ask his father (his mother is deceased) about these things, but that’s problematic in and of itself because after Luke’s passing he stopped what little communication he had with our family to begin with, and since we’ve not heard once from him personally. The last we heard was from a student doing research on Luke’s mother who had been contacted by my uncle. Luke’s mother, Cheryl Hohner, was murdered when Luke was very young and the case is a very famous one because at the time she was murdered she was pregnant so they sought to press charges for both her murder and the unborn child’s murder.

The student who contacted us told us that my Uncle, Len, was apparently in and out of mental hospitals (He’s schizophrenic) and was living on the streets. So ultimately, I can’t contact him for information.

It’s very important to me that I find his obituary, should he have one, and where he was buried so that some day I can visit his resting site. So I guess what I’m ultimately getting at/asking is if anyone from the Ontario area remembers hearing anything anything regarding his death or would maybe (and I know it’s asking a lot) would be able to search Ontario obituaries better than I can on the internet? I’ve scoured the internet for any kind of information, but ultimately can’t find anything.

This information may be helpful so I’m just going to leave it here:

- Luke Jeremy Hohner
- November 3rd 1992 to February 2nd 2010
- Father: Lenard Hohner
- Mother: Cheryl Hohner (Died Dec. 26th 1996)
- Born in London, Ont. and passed away in London, Ont.
- Killed by an oncoming train

Thank you to everyone who read that all the way through, and I realize it’s a lot to ask for help but it’s something I needed to post/share as I continue to search.

Nxtdoor

Omg. Heartbreaking.

AnnaEA

I know some genealogy research tricks, so I’ll poke around, see what I can turn up. I know how you feel. I’ve lost several family members to suicide.

__Morgana__

So sorry to hear about this. I hope you find the answers you’re looking for.

tigress_al

I am so sorry to hear your story, it is heartbreaking. I can’t help you but I hope someone else can and you can finally find closure for the death of your cousin.

VariaTEA

I am so sorry. This makes me wish I was in Toronto so I could help you.

Lala

Sorry to hear about your loss. My suggestion for finding out more info would be to find the funeral home that provided services for your cousin. They would have all the records for where his plot is, as well as any copies of obituary, eulogies, etc. You might just have to make a few phone calls based on how many businesses are in the area.
Another option would be to write your own obituary for him. It is never too late to publish something either online, in your local newspaper or in the newspaper of the city he was from.

Spearmint and peppermint nicely blended. This was my breakfast tea today! Usually I crave strong, hearty tea like Assam, Lapsang Souchong, Yorkshire Gold, etc. In fact, I went hunting for Lapsang at work and realized it was at home. So I went in the opposite direction.

This was quite refreshing as a wake-up tea. I brewed it only about 2 minutes and added a little stevia after tasting. I think this would be even better with honey, and delicious over ice with a dash of honey. Am I right that traditional mint tea is drunk very hot and heavily sweetened in North Africa? I can even see doing that with this tea, as an after-dinner drink.

I barely taste the lemongrass.

I have another Moroccan Mint in my shopping list. Am very curious now to sample and compare. I can’t recall whether that one is straight herbal or contains “real” tea. One or the other will probably become a staple.

ashmanra

Just saw this! Maybe I can find this one here in town, we have a pretty dismal tea selection locally.

Barb

Let me know if you’d like a sample!

This isn’t my first tea of the day, but after just doing a sink full of dishes (no dishwasher), everything looks so shiny and clean, so I decided to search through my (many) boxes of bagged teas. Somehow, this had made it’s way to the back of the shelf.

When I first started trying to find teas that could replace my Coke habit, one of the things that I was searching for was something similar to Sobe Green Tea, without all that sugar. Sobe’s has spearmint I think, so it took a lot of label reading and box buying to find something similar (most mint teas at the grocery are peppermint ones, or so it seemed). This was the last one I tested and ended up being VERY similar, that I started celebrating the victory. Now enter loose-leaf. I’ve tested mint-green teas from Teavana, Adagio, Upton, others from Stash, Republic of Tea (Twinings, Tazo bagged) and should just end the hunt for perfection. Why? Because having this tonight reminds me: I had already found it (at least for my tastes). The only thing left to do is to try this in loose leaf.

Rating this above my beloved Adagio Casablanca Twist, only because I love spearmint more than peppermint, but they both will always be a part of my (new) tea drinking ritual.

p.s. sweetened with one T. honey for yummy sweetness.

This is a tea that’s hard to mess up – mint and gunpowder green. It’s also one of my faves. This version is OK. Nothing that says WOW but a decent cuppa nonetheless.

I don’t taste the lemongrass too much – which is OK. It’s also not as minty as I would like. But it’s a nice standby; it’s a fave to take on-the-go in my travel tea caddy.

When I’m confronted with one of those generic tea stands in an airport, tim hortons or cafe, I will always get some sort of peppermint/mint tea. I know it will be good. I know it will be refreshing, dependable mint!

It’s a Canadian holiday today, and I work in the US department so I am at work. Like all Canadian holidays. Anyways, I needed something to wake me up. I finished my McDonalds iced coffee (bad I know :( ) so this was great because mint wakes me up with no need for caffiene!

I find the green tea prominent in my cup this morning. Maybe it was the steep time or water temp but it’s definitely there. I like a little cream in my mint teas, but this one is good ol’ quality Stash so it’s just fine without. The green tea is what makes me not even want cream I think.

So there we have it! a nice mint tea for the rest of us.

Jenn

Not cool! When in Canada, do like the Canadians. Poor form US department!

DaisyChubb

Agreed! Granted, we work very closely with Denver and make up a large team here. So if we don’t work, nothing gets done and people lose money (I work in insurance) But still! No buses on a Can. stat, nothing is open for food, the cafeteria in our building is closed. Yeah. No fun. All my friends say it must be illegal and against labor laws but I assure them that it’s just as legal as the Tim Horton’s workers that make their coffee on a Can. stat lol

Real, real good! One of our favorites at the office!

abbisiler

Mine, too! Our office kicks butt!

Not bad for a quick and easy green tea on the go…

This tea is a nice basic mint green tea. The mint isn’t overwhelming, but it definitely holds its own in flavor with the green. This is one of my go-tos for when I’m sick or just have the sniffles. It isn’t an exceptional tea, but it’s a nice one to have in your cabinet.

I find this one extremely bland, and have yet to find a good moroccan mint tea. However, I had a bad cold recently and drank a cup of this which I added a bunch of honey to and it was the best cup by far. I enjoyed its blandness while being sick and the honey really helped it along. I also like how you can’t over brew this tea, as it never turns bitter.

I have only had this tea a few times, and each time I have enjoyed it. The mint is intense and continues to increase in intensity a times it cools.

Great in winter, really just great any time.

I enjoy this one because it does not need any sweetner! Excellent.