Chai Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

From Stash Tea Company

Stash Green Chai Spice lends a modern twist to the traditional Chai by blending Lung Ching or Dragonwell Chinese green tea with cinnamon, whole cloves, cardamom, ginger root and sarsaparilla. The result is a flavorful and spicy tea that goes well with milk and sugar and may be enjoyed any time of the day. Chai can be both calming and stimulating.

Tip: For traditional Chai tea, brew with 7 ounces of water. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 ounce of milk (for a creamier drink use one ounce of canned evaporated milk).

Ingredients: green tea, cinnamon, clove, ginger root, sarsaparilla, natural cinnamon flavor, clove oil, cardamom oil

Steeping Instructions: 1-3 minutes at 170-190 degrees Fahrenheit

About Stash Tea Company View company

I steeped this for slightly less time than before and that helped a bit. It has an interesting odor reminiscent of spiced apple cider or maybe those ‘Christmas scented’ potpourries. Taste-wise the chai spices are still too much for this tea unfortunately and they’re just too harsh on the tongue to be really enjoyable.

Cofftea

If you want a loose leaf version, try Adagio’s, bengal green chai.

This bagged tea from Stash is great as a light, chai-spiced tea with less caffeine than its traditional black tea counterpart. As with any chai tea, it’s best enjoyed with milk and sugar. I was somewhat less impressed with the loose leaf version of this tea.

Cofftea

Try Adagio’s bengal green chai or spiced green. I love chai, but I can’t bring myself to add milk to a green or white based chai- the ONLY tea I like milk in is chai. It’s good to see another Christian tea drinker here!:)

Since the dorm has no kitchen, I have to use a microwave. Mixed equal parts milk and water. microwaved on high for 2.5 minutes. Too much milk—the spices were barely noticeable

Cofftea

Loose leaf is better, Adagio has a great one. Can you get a single burner hot plate?

Laura

No hot plates in the dorm. Nothing but a microwave, which bites for tea-lovers! Only the rest of this year until I’m off-campus, though. I really want to try Adagio, but loose leaf is kind of hard to afford right now.

This tea isn’t bad. It is not my favorite but I find it relaxing. I needed something relaxing to help me study for my Intro to Molecular Evolutionary Anthropology Midterm :-(

~lauren.

I think if I was studying something called Molecular Evolutionary Anthropology, I may need something a little ..er… stronger than a relaxing tea! LOL! But good luck on the midterm!

Caitlin

Haha – Thank you!

Good tea. I like the greenness of it and the chai of it. It is a great blend of the two.

Horrid and stomach-turning. There is so much spice oil in this tea that it bears no resemblance to the taste of real spice. It tastes soapy. Use it to strip wax off floors. This is a casualty of added flavour.

A standby for me. Great when you want that chai flavor but you also feel like green tea. Spicy but not too spicy.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I can’t stand the smell of this tea. It’s too much spice. I had to throw away the used bag sealed in plastic so my trash wouldn’t even smell like it. I tried it, but it’s also pretty weak.

Cofftea

If you want a loose leaf version of this, try adagio’s bengal green chai.

Moved onto this from the break room after dumping the rooibus. I dislike Stash’s black chai, but thought I would give it a whirl anyway. The box recommend milk, which seems weird to me – I don’t usually put milk in green teas. Brewed it up, sweetened it and creamed it… it tastes… smokey? I don’t recall drinking a Dragonwell before. Is it generally smokey? The other reviews don’t mention it. Maybe it’s the clove I’m getting?

Hmm… not great, but drinkable.