Chai Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

From Stash Tea Company

Stash Green Chai Spice lends a modern twist to the traditional Chai by blending Lung Ching or Dragonwell Chinese green tea with cinnamon, whole cloves, cardamom, ginger root and sarsaparilla. The result is a flavorful and spicy tea that goes well with milk and sugar and may be enjoyed any time of the day. Chai can be both calming and stimulating.

Tip: For traditional Chai tea, brew with 7 ounces of water. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 ounce of milk (for a creamier drink use one ounce of canned evaporated milk).

Ingredients: green tea, cinnamon, clove, ginger root, sarsaparilla, natural cinnamon flavor, clove oil, cardamom oil

Steeping Instructions: 1-3 minutes at 170-190 degrees Fahrenheit

About Stash Tea Company View company

A favorite for both hot and iced preparation. The spices are balanced enough that this chai does not actually need milk to taste ‘correct’. Half a teaspoon of sugar to give it the ‘thick’ sweetness of a traditional chai.

I enjoy this tea, but no matter how long I steep it, it seems to be on the weaker side. However, it has a good flavor and a wonderful aroma.

Nice aroma but… weak. weak. weak tea.

The clover and cinnamon was very strong. This would be a nice tea from coming inside after a winter day. It reminds me of christmas. Tea was a little weak for my likeing and not much caffeine and really all you can smell and taste is the clover and cinnamon but fortunatly I like those smells and flavors. Spoon full of sugar drop of milk will help this tea go down. all in all ok

Bland and uninteresting on its own, this is quite lovely with a bit of sugar. I’ve tried it with a splash of (soy) milk — definitely not something I’ll do again. Not my all-time favourite, but I’ll certainly make my way through the box.

Pretty good, but a bit too weak for me. I like the Stash black chai better.

One of my girlfriends at work gave me a bag of this to try once. I’ll admit that I was at a bit of a loss when it came time to add things. Sugar is one thing, but I’d never drank Green tea with milk, and I’d never had Chai without it.. In the end, I did go for the milk, and it was a good thing. I’ll have to grab a box of this when I see it.

Usually I enjoy this tea, but apparently it wasn’t what I was looking for. Some days you just want certain flavors, and this wasn’t it today.

I liked but its taste isn’t good as the Stash Organic Chai tea.
I found the latest better.

Prior to steeping it smells like…kitty litter…ick! Little to no scent while/after steeping. It’s gloomy green tea color. I wasn’t sure if I would like this based on the smell and some of the reviews that I have heard about green tea and chai’s especially some of the bagged tea brands…but this isn’t terrible! It’s not super strong which some people may like especially if they are new to Chai and/or Green Tea. If you are looking for something overly spicy this isn’t it. All and all I think I will give it a thumbs up.