Mellow Moments

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

Relax and unwind with this herbal tea that brings together mints and herbs to create an especially soothing tea. Fragrant tulsi leaves, an ancient plant used extensively in India and in Ayurvedic practice, adds yet another component of comfort to our Mellow Moments herbal tea. Invite calming intentions into your life as you sip this tea. Naturally caffeine free.

About Stash Tea Company View company

I’m not sure how or why this happened but I’m in a kind of tea funk, a tea burnt out phase. So I’m not trying anything new, and just enjoying mint varieties.

Maybe it’s all the migraines I’ve had lately?

Anyway, this is a good one, for a bagged tea. It’s light and tasty, great for the afternoon.

Azzrian

Hope you get over those migraines soon!

KeenTeaThyme

Thanks – me too!

ashmanra

Would feverfew help you?

Peppermint, chamomile, spearmint, tulsi, lemongrass, natural guava flavor, cinnamon, natural grapefruit flavor. Wow, what a strange mix of characters, but what the heck?

Tulsi is a new love, and mint an old favorite. Both are obvious in this mix, with peppermint bullying the spearmint (as usual). The citrus/fruit flavors are there, but not individually recognizable (Juicy Fruit gum-like). It leans a little on the too-tart side (grapefruit’s fault?), so I sweetened it a bit (honey). Everyone speaks of it’s calming nature, but if stressed, a little music works better for me. I got this for the ingredient list : )

gmathis

Hmmm…I was with you until the guava. Not that it would be bad, just “one of these things just doesn’t belong here…can you guess before my song is done?”

Cheryl

Had to look up that quote….been a while since I’ve seen Sesame Street : )
But yea, I could do without the guava and grapefruit, but it’s not a bad blend.

The perfect tea ( at least I think) when I wake with a four alarm migraine. See my previous note on this tea for more.

KeenTeaThyme

Oh no! A fellow migraine sufferer! Hope you feel better – migraines are the freakin’ WORSE. :(

I want a job at Stash. Their blend masters are geniuses. I love love LOVE this tea. It has all my favorite things in it. Smooth and fruity and sweet with just a twist of mint. If the word “mellow” had a flavor, this would be it.

Delightful!

This is one of my most favorite Stash teas.

My boyfriend and I just finished a week-long, stressful, sweaty move across the city in gool ol’ +30 Saskatchewan weather. I’m not complaining, just noting that it was a tad warmer than our usual crappy summer days haha.

We drink this tea hot all the time when we need a break from the world (he’s not a huge tea fan, but he loves anything with licorice in it so I convinced him to try this tea and he loves it, even if it doesn’t taste like licorice!) The mint flavour is usually just a nice hint in the background of the other fruity, mellow flavours.

Needless to say, I made iced tea yesterday to refresh ourselves as we unpacked. It was just perfect. because it’s herbal, I brewed a pot with 2 teabags and just stuck it in the fridge to cool, teabags and all over night. A little bit of agave and we were good to go!

Iced

I tried this one before bedtime last week – I needed something calming, and the ingredient list was too weird to pass up. I actually found the scent of this tea to be very…strange, almost off-putting. However, when it cooled enough to drink, I actually kind of liked it!

I think the combination of herbs and flavorings go together pretty well, but I’m going to have to try it a few more times to make up my mind about it, since every time I caught a whiff I thought “Ugh!”, then with each sip I thought “Mmm..?”. Maybe I need a clothespin for my nose on this one. :p

Surprising. Refreshing. Calming. two thumbs up

I like this tea, I would buy it again in fact. I think it’s very relaxing. However I don’t taste the guava or grapefruit flavors. I taste mostly the chamomile and peppermint

This tea is a keeper. I love the blend of peppermint and spearmint with chamomile. There isn’t much of an aroma but it has a nice minty flavor that stays with you after each sip. The mint isn’t as robust as Stash’s Moroccan Mint but it’s very close. When I called Stash for a recommendation for a caffeine-free option to replace the Moroccan Mint, this is was what was suggested (and they sent me a free sample). This tea is very soothing and quite enjoyable.

I feel like this might be an infusion that could grow on me. It’s got a light minty note which was a bit strange the first time I tried Mellow Moments. I definitely get an interesting guava/fruit flavor and I think the tulsi was a great addition to the blend. It gives the infusion a nice herbaceous, grounded taste that keeps it from being either too minty or fruity. I’m not completely blown away, but I’m willing to give this a few more attempts.

By the way, this tisane smells fantastic! Minty and fruity sweet, like gum but in a good way.