Pomegranate Raspberry Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

• “Another backlog! Thank you *Amanda* for letting me try this! This one was rather unremarkable. Not bad, but definitely not excellent, either. I don't hate it as much as other people do. I...” Read full tasting note
    ianerickson 119 tasting notes
  • “Not much to say... All I can taste is chamomile and hibiscus. And little bits of chamomile is all I see in my tea bag :\ Maybe I'll just use it as an iced tea. It's just.. meh.. ” Read full tasting note
    kalmal 778 tasting notes
  • “This is the season in America where we reflect on being thankful for the good things of the past year and hopeful for the future of things that are not so good. This morning I realized how long it...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1251 tasting notes
  • “Perhaps it was because this was the only decent tea option I had, but this one was quite tasty! Tart and green blended together nicely, though I couldn't pick out any pomegranate. Definitely some...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1292 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

Blends thirst-quenching pomegranate with the zing of natural raspberry flavor and green tea. With Matcha.

100% natural ingredients:
Green tea, chamomile, hibiscus flowers, orange peel, citric acid, pomegranate flavor, raspberry flavor, and Japanese matcha.

About Stash Tea Company View company

I am drinking this iced, and it’s decent. It was a bit tart, so I added sugar. There isn’t much pomegranate action, but the raspberry is present and very nice. I don’t know if I would buy a whole box of this tea, but if someone offered me a glass I wouldn’t pass it by.

The dry teabag has a deep, rich fruited honey scent – almost a powdered honey smell. It smells really good! The tea smells exactly the same while steeping – maybe with a touch more fruit. The scent reminds me of a fruity dessert mead…mmmmm.

Without sweetener, the tea is lightly fruity and tastes somewhat honey like – I can make out the green tea, but it’s pretty faint.I would never know this had chamomile in it if I hadn’t read the bag. The hibiscus works well with the pomegranate flavor, and it isn’t too tart. Of course I had to add a little honey to it – it brought out the fruit flavor, but the honey flavor also became more pronounced. They could have just as easily called this “fruit mead flavored tea”!

I’m surprised the reviews on this are as ho-hum as they are – I probably would have rated this about 5 points lower without sweetener, but it’s quite good with a few drops of honey. I’m also a hibiscus fiend though, so keep that in mind when I tealog herbal teas… :)

My 40 day fast is up and had my “first” cup of tea this afternoon! Too bad this tea was the first I had. I like the sour aspect of this tea, and it isn’t overwhelming, but it should be a little sweeter. More raspberry than pomegranate. I detect the orange zest but am not certain about chamomile.
Unfortunately I have like 19 more bags of this stuff. Maybe the rest will be better cold. Or a reduced version with some cane sugar for an ice cream syrup or something…

This is not my favorite tea. Like previous reviewers, I find the chamomile distracting and the green tea flavor underwhelming. I’m completely missing the matcha, which I expected to be similar to Stash’s Ginger Peach Green with matcha. Not so. The tartness is not overwhelming; I usually gag on very acidic teas, but this one I can sip. I like it better iced and when I forget that it’s supposed to be green tea.

I’m finding it hard to put a finger on what I like about this tea, but I like it. Definitely fruity and a little sour, but the matcha gives it a bit more body (I think – I haven’t tried matcha on its own yet). A shorter steep and water just below boiling seems to work well.

Finished my box of this yesterday. I’d been making it two bags at a time in 16 oz water the last few times and ended up with a single bag left. That single bag cup was an improvement. It must have been the best ratio of water to bag I’d tried yet. The green tea was discernible in the taste. Unfortunately, the tartness was still too present, and the raspberry too missing, to make me change my mind about it.

I logged this tea MONTHS ago. Wasn’t great but wasn’t the worst I have had either. As I am trying this for the 2nd time today I still can’t say I like it. I even understeeped. Smells great but it’s not a good hot cuppa. Maybe it’s one of those that is supposed to be iced. I won’t be buying this one again, sorry.

extrarice

I’ve only found a few flavored green teas that actually work well, and most of them use genmaicha as the base green tea. You might be right about it needing to be iced.

I grabbed the wrong teabag this morning so I didn’t intend to drink this. One thing I can say in its favour is that it’s very hard to scald this green tea since I used boiling water (I thought it was a black tea) and steeped it for quite awhile. Or it could just be the sourness of the hibiscus is disguising any bitterness

takgoti

Nice break. I’ve started the day off with oversteeped tea before… We’ll just say that I’m bad enough in the waking hour with GOOD tea.

I had this for breakfast this morning with a little honey in it. It was vaguely fruity and a little tart. I do feel awake after drinking it. It’s okay, but not really special. I will drink it again, but I’m not sure I’ll order a large quantity of it.

Something about the flavors don’t meld well…