English Breakfast Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Megan Lorraine Younce

From Stash Tea Company

This heart blend sets the standard for an all-occasion black tea. It brews up dark in the cup, with rich flavor. An excellent tea to start the day, or as a pick-up in the afternoon.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Tony & I went to one of our old haunts for breakfast, a place we used to visit pretty much every weekend, but I’ve just been cooking breakfast for quite some time now, because I’d much rather eat my own cooking any day. Regardless, there was nothing in the frig, so out to breakfast we went. This was my first cuppa there, and as far as bagged teas go, it’s better than most EBs, in my opinion, if for no other reason than the bags are not made of that phony ‘silk’.

1 bag for 250 to 300mL water @100C, steeped 4 minutes, drunk bare.

Yes, the loose version is better. Loose almost always is. But I had a bag of this at a restaurant not long ago, when I was expecting stale Tetley from a left-open box on a plate next to a little tin pot of tepid water. Instead, I got a bag of this, steeping merrily in proper boiling water: so fragrant … I’d forgotten how good this one is, especially for a bagged tea you can get at the supermarket. There’s Keemun in this blend, which makes it special … not a whole lot of Keemun, but enough to make me go —Hey. this is good.

I always wish the tea bag held a slightly larger amount — loose leaf is the answer, of course — but the price and convenience (at my local supermarket) is hard to beat. A solid black tea, unusual for the Keemun: a little bit special. If you like black tea and you’re unable to afford fancier ones for the moment, this can make a great stopgap. Who knows, you might even like it for its own sake.

Starfevre

Stash is hard to beat for convenience. Maybe 2 bags, shorter steep?

Michelle Butler Hallett

Sounds good. I’ll try that.

This is just OK. It’s your standard tea fare – bold, strong and outspoken. But not a lot of flavor or lasting power. It’s got a hefty dose of caffeine (hence me drinking it today) but that’s about it. I usually add a flavored syrup or honey to it, or pawn the leftovers off on my office.

Got a box of this tea in my stocking at Christmas, and it has served me well. It’s not quite as good as the Twinings English Breakfast I habitually drank for years, but it serves its purpose well, and is a decent cup of tea. I like it for throwing a tea bag or two in my travel mug when I’m taking a cup of tea with me somewhere.

Boiling 8 min or more

Mixed with a some Citrus Ginger herbal blend from The Secret Garden.

It’s a good tea. Basic, tried and true. I think it’s better with shorter steep times and made with slightly cooler water.

I’ve been trying a lot of English Breakfast teas as I strive to find the one that will give me the biggest jolt in the morning for my first cup of the day. The Stash English Breakfast tea has a solid, strong flavor after five minutes of steeping. There is nothing in the flavor to set it apart from some of the other popular brands that I’ve tried, but I do like its higher intensity.

Tea offering at Just Breakfast in Morgan Hill. Decent, even with cheap breakfast diner style serving. (Cup of hotish water with tea packet on the side.)

I had a cup of Stash English Breakfast Tea this morning and thought it was good, solid flavor but nothing special. I thought it resembled a bit more of a generic black tea than specifically any “English breakfast” blend.

Saturday night. 15F degrees outside. Wife is out with friends. Im all alone with full control of the tv. there are multiple major sporting events happening tonight. i brewed a double batch. 2 bags of English Breakfast by Stash. 15oz boiling water. 1oz cream. time to relax and watch the games…