Fusion Breakfast Green and Black

Black Green Matcha Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by AmberShrugged

• “This is, indeed, a confusion of tastes. I love the idea of combining teas from all over the world, but my taste buds are so confuzzled. This gets astringent easily. It was sipping as the bag was...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 520 tasting notes
  • “I used cooler water this time and I didn't steep it as long (3.5 minutes) and it actually came out pretty decent. Green tea was the predominent flavour but the black tea managed to sneak in there...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1629 tasting notes
  • “[Note: I have the bagged version, but am lazy.] I love both green and black tea, so it's probably expected I like them together. It's not the highest quality green tea out there, so it can carry...” Read full tasting note
    CaseyThomas 11 tasting notes
  • “I agree with one reviewer that it is confusing! I tried a box. Would I buy it again? Not really. It was decent, but I couldn't taste the matcha. I was interested in the blend, but I wasn't sure it...” Read full tasting note
    MelissaW 264 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

Premium green and black teas with added matcha makes this an especially enjoyable morning tea.

About Stash Tea Company View company

This is, indeed, a confusion of tastes. I love the idea of combining teas from all over the world, but my taste buds are so confuzzled. This gets astringent easily. It was sipping as the bag was steeping. One sip it was ok, next it was astringent. Ack! And I’m not at home so there’s no milk to smooth this over.

Then as I drink this, my brain wants to know if it’s black or green. It smells like both but I feel like it tastes mostly like black. I see no evidence of the matcha in the final brew. If I hadn’t seen the green dust all over the inside of the tea wrapper, I probably would have thought I was conned. I think I’d like this with a pinch of mint, but as it is, meh.

I used cooler water this time and I didn’t steep it as long (3.5 minutes) and it actually came out pretty decent. Green tea was the predominent flavour but the black tea managed to sneak in there aswell. I think treating this like a plain green tea is the way to go to get the most out of it.

[Note: I have the bagged version, but am lazy.] I love both green and black tea, so it’s probably expected I like them together. It’s not the highest quality green tea out there, so it can carry that fishy-taste, especially if you brew it like black tea. Treat it nicely, it’ll be nice back. I love to toss in a cinnamon stick while I wait for the water to cool a bit. It elevates it, hides any aftertastes, etc.

I agree with one reviewer that it is confusing! I tried a box. Would I buy it again? Not really. It was decent, but I couldn’t taste the matcha. I was interested in the blend, but I wasn’t sure it worked. Actually, I am still confused!

A confusing tea. Containing a blend of several black teas and several green teas (including matcha), I’ve never managed to brew a successful cup. If you heat the water enough to do justice to the black teas, the green teas turn bitter and taste scorched. If you keep the water cool enough for properly handling the green teas, you get weak black tea flavor. And then there’s the question of whether or not to add milk to the tea (which would soften the black tea but destroy the green tea). Why am I drinking this? Because it’s all I have with me here at the moment lol.

Prior to steeping it was a slight minty grass type smell. While steeping kind of smells like socks. Ewwww! The coloring is more toward that of a Black Tea. The taste isn’t bad. Not intense but not too bland either. This was a tad above neutral so I’ll give it a thumbs up, I guess.