Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea

Citric Acid, Ginger Root, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Natural Lemon Flavor, Safflower
Ginger, Hibiscus, Lemon, Tart
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “I was wrong, I did get home with energy enough to make a cup of tea! Thanks to *Josie Jade* for the packets of this. I have a bit of an upset stomach, and its nearly bedtime, so I thought this...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1067 tasting notes
  • “My allergies are getting the best of me. I really should not be as tired as I am, but a day of multiple deep sneeze attacks and a productive cough are making me feel worse... And I want some hot...” Read full tasting note
    WillWorkForTea 135 tasting notes
  • “I used half to make an sinus clearing tea (added cayenne and honey), and the other half, a bit diluted, as the liquid base for some instant apple cinnamon oatmeal. It smelled just like my mom's...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2614 tasting notes
  • “Backlog - I drank this yesterday at the office. I thought I was "over" bagged teas but there is something about the convenience of them at work that is definitely appealing. I've had a box of...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2587 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

This lively tea offers wide-awake flavor without caffeine. Smooth lemon flavor with a lingering bite of ginger.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Someone has kindly donated a box of this tea to the Hickel House on the Providence Alaska Medical Center campus in Anchorage, Alaska. …Or maybe someone decided to get rid of it there. Lemon + ginger usually = all-natural home remedy. I haven’t had the best of luck with lemon lately, so I was hesitant to try this. However, I did it, but I cut the steep time, since I’m not that fond of strong ginger notes. The teabag itself is absolutely beautiful when wet and the color is nice, too. I actually liked the taste, and got it all down. Sadly, like with most other lemon things, I developed a bit of heartburn, but I’ve gotten used to that by now. It was good enough that the heartburn didn’t really matter.

Lord’s Day Nov. 14, 2010
1st and Only Steep of this Day.
Found this in the Pastors Tea Cupboard.
Great Choice on a Bright Crisp Sunny Lord’s Day Morning
Great Hot but Stayed Strong and Delightful even Cold.
Look to add this to my Home Cupboard

This is a great tea for upset stomachs. If not brewed perfectly though it can be too weak or very overpowering. This tea has a great lemon ginger balance. If brewed for too long however, the ginger becomes overwhelming and can burn the throat. Overall an excellent tea.

Special of this Lemon ginger tea is so refreshing even in the morning or evening it doesn’t matter what time you would like to drink and taste the zest of lemon and the kick of ginger in your throat. Actually I hate ginger ever since but when I drink and try the lemon ginger tea, I like it or the best thing to say is I love it. My day is not complete without drinking this tea. My better half he loves to put honey on it which is also my grandfather do hmmm yummy eh, so thank you so much Stash company. Later on I’ll try the Chai green tea and for sure I will give my comment and rating for your nice and delicious product.

More power.

Lord Bless :)

I’m usually not hugely into herbal tea, but this one is quite nice – the ginger adds just enough spice, and can be helpful for an upset stomach. The lemon flavor isn’t overpowering, and it smells wonderful.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Strong lemongrass flavor rather than ginger in my experience. The ginger came out only at the end, despite the fact that it is listed as the first ingredient. I enjoyed it more than some other lemony teas I have tried but found it rather astringent and may reserve it for days when my sinuses need a little wake-up call.

I steeped about 3 minutes.

Now this is a tea with with a bite to rival a hyena’s. The first time I made a cup, I let the bag sit for a couple minutes and it was overwhelmingly ginger, as if I’d just grabbed a ginger root soaked in lemon for a brief while and chomped into it. The next time, I dunked the bag until the color looked about right and the scent was just enough to take over everything else when I leaned over the cup. That cup was much more balanced and proved to be very good with some honey in it.

This is a very good tea for colds, sore throats, and digestive problems (and menstrual cramps, i hear) , if you can handle it’s strength. Personally, I find it strong to the point where I can only have it once in a while, and mostly when I’m ill.

I have a bit of an upset stomach today, so I decided it was a good day for a ginger tea. I’ve had one other lemon ginger tea, by Celestial Seasonings, and I think I actually like that one better. This is a bit more tart, and the lemon flavor isn’t as strong. It’s a good tea, but I prefer the sweetness of Celestial Seasoning’s version, especially for an upset stomach. I think it might be the hibiscus that detracts from the blend for me. I do like hibiscus in some teas, but I’m rather picky about it, and I don’t think I like it here.

Flavors: Ginger, Hibiscus, Lemon, Tart

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

In tonight’s steep-off chez sherapop, Stash Lemon Ginger is going sniff to sniff, sip to sip against Yogi Lemon Ginger, both in the filter bag format.

First observation: the Stash Lemon Ginger liquor is much darker, almost orange, than the Yogi Lemon Ginger, which is a cloudy yellow color.

Second observation: it might be the safflower in the Stash (not present in the Yogi), but something is muting the ginger in this blend, making it much less spicy and piquant and quite far from a fresh ginger infusion—my reference for excellence in this category.

Stash Lemon Ginger is potable, but nowhere near as likeable as Yogi Lemon Ginger. Yogi wins this round.

Hello.Kiki

I love your steep-off tea notes!

sherapop

Thank you, Hello.Kiki! ;-)

The poorest lemon ginger tea I’ve had so far.
It’s rather bland- not enough ginger!