Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea

Fruit Herbal Blend
Citric Acid, Ginger Root, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Natural Ginger Flavor, Natural Lemon Flavor, Safflower
Lemon, Sour, Biting, Bitter, Ginger, Lemongrass, Citrus, Flowers, Hibiscus, Tart
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Stash Tea Company

This lively tea offers wide-awake flavor without caffeine. It has a smooth lemon flavor with a piquant, lingering bite of ginger.

Ingredients: Ginger root, lemongrass, lemon flavor, hibiscus, citric acid, safflower, ginger flavor

To savor the full flavor of our teas, bring fresh water to a rolling boil. Pour hot water directly over the tea bag in a pre-heated pot or cup. Brew 3-5 minutes or to desired taste. One bag makes 8 ounces hot tea. For iced tea, brew double strength.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Someone has kindly donated a box of this tea to the Hickel House on the Providence Alaska Medical Center campus in Anchorage, Alaska. …Or maybe someone decided to get rid of it there. Lemon + ginger usually = all-natural home remedy. I haven’t had the best of luck with lemon lately, so I was hesitant to try this. However, I did it, but I cut the steep time, since I’m not that fond of strong ginger notes. The teabag itself is absolutely beautiful when wet and the color is nice, too. I actually liked the taste, and got it all down. Sadly, like with most other lemon things, I developed a bit of heartburn, but I’ve gotten used to that by now. It was good enough that the heartburn didn’t really matter.

Lord’s Day Nov. 14, 2010
1st and Only Steep of this Day.
Found this in the Pastors Tea Cupboard.
Great Choice on a Bright Crisp Sunny Lord’s Day Morning
Great Hot but Stayed Strong and Delightful even Cold.
Look to add this to my Home Cupboard

This is a great tea for upset stomachs. If not brewed perfectly though it can be too weak or very overpowering. This tea has a great lemon ginger balance. If brewed for too long however, the ginger becomes overwhelming and can burn the throat. Overall an excellent tea.

Special of this Lemon ginger tea is so refreshing even in the morning or evening it doesn’t matter what time you would like to drink and taste the zest of lemon and the kick of ginger in your throat. Actually I hate ginger ever since but when I drink and try the lemon ginger tea, I like it or the best thing to say is I love it. My day is not complete without drinking this tea. My better half he loves to put honey on it which is also my grandfather do hmmm yummy eh, so thank you so much Stash company. Later on I’ll try the Chai green tea and for sure I will give my comment and rating for your nice and delicious product.

More power.

Lord Bless :)

I’m usually not hugely into herbal tea, but this one is quite nice – the ginger adds just enough spice, and can be helpful for an upset stomach. The lemon flavor isn’t overpowering, and it smells wonderful.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Strong lemongrass flavor rather than ginger in my experience. The ginger came out only at the end, despite the fact that it is listed as the first ingredient. I enjoyed it more than some other lemony teas I have tried but found it rather astringent and may reserve it for days when my sinuses need a little wake-up call.

I steeped about 3 minutes.

Now this is a tea with with a bite to rival a hyena’s. The first time I made a cup, I let the bag sit for a couple minutes and it was overwhelmingly ginger, as if I’d just grabbed a ginger root soaked in lemon for a brief while and chomped into it. The next time, I dunked the bag until the color looked about right and the scent was just enough to take over everything else when I leaned over the cup. That cup was much more balanced and proved to be very good with some honey in it.

This is a very good tea for colds, sore throats, and digestive problems (and menstrual cramps, i hear) , if you can handle it’s strength. Personally, I find it strong to the point where I can only have it once in a while, and mostly when I’m ill.

I love ginger tea. The spice wakes my mind.

Tea 2/6 from the fruit tea sampler I got off of amazon. I bought these teas with the intention of making pitchers of iced tea, however this tea sounded like it might be better hot, so I made it two ways: iced and hot.

For the hot tea I boiled a mug of water and steeped the bag in it for one min. The taste of the tea is very mild ginger with a stronger presence of what tastes to be lemon juice. After reading the ingredients I was surprised to learn there was hibiscus in this tea. I suppose that’s what’s giving the tea a sour-lemon juice taste: the hibiscus is pairing up with the lemon ingredients. Either way, I didn’t care for this hot sour drink; it kind of tasted like neo-citron with a mild touch of ginger.

For the cold tea I steeped a tea bag in a glass of water in the fridge for 2 hours. I must say, I do like this version better. For better or for worse, the ginger is even more mild in the cold tea form, and the sourness is toned down as well. It still tastes like someone put a touch of lemon juice in, but it’s not tasting like neo-citron.

Overall, this tea is alright, but I dunno if I would repurchase. Generally when I buy lemon-ginger teas I prefer no sour notes (so either the lemon comes from lemongrass or lemon myrtle- no hibiscus) and in my opinion the ginger should be stronger. I will use this up by making iced teas, but usually I prefer my lemon teas hot. This tea is alright cold, but I have had better iced teas too. So for me, this tea juts doesn’t fit well under iced teas or hot herbal teas- I’ve had better teas in each category. This is still better than acai berry from Stash, but so far the two teas I’ve had from Stash have been kind of “meh”.

Flavors: Lemon, Sour

This smells mostly of ginger with just a hint of lemon. I can taste the lemongrass in the aftertaste. I’m not sure I love it. The ginger is bitter and more than a little overwhelming. It’s definitely got a bite to it. I’m sure it would be great if you were feeling under the weather, but it’s not for me otherwise.

Flavors: Biting, Bitter, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass

Boiling 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML

I didn’t like this much either. like Stash’s Meyer Lemon tea a lot better. Celestial Seasonings has my favorite Lemon Ginger tea, but Twining’s has a pretty decent one, too.

Oh darn :( what about a shorter steeping time?

rosebudmelissa, I’ve tried the Twinings one but it wasn’t a favorite either. I’m wondering now if these two flavors together just don’t do it for me. I will have to look for the Celestial Seasonings and see if that might be something I like better. Thanks for the tip!

Kristal, I think that may have been part of the problem. As usual, I got distracted at work and let it steep a little too long. I think it was right at 8 minutes. Next time I try it, I’ll definitely be paying closer attention.