Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea

Fruit Herbal Blend
Citric Acid, Ginger Root, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Natural Ginger Flavor, Natural Lemon Flavor, Safflower
Biting, Bitter, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass, Citrus, Flowers, Hibiscus, Tart
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Stash Tea Company

This lively tea offers wide-awake flavor without caffeine. It has a smooth lemon flavor with a piquant, lingering bite of ginger.

Ingredients: Ginger root, lemongrass, lemon flavor, hibiscus, citric acid, safflower, ginger flavor

To savor the full flavor of our teas, bring fresh water to a rolling boil. Pour hot water directly over the tea bag in a pre-heated pot or cup. Brew 3-5 minutes or to desired taste. One bag makes 8 ounces hot tea. For iced tea, brew double strength.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Someone has kindly donated a box of this tea to the Hickel House on the Providence Alaska Medical Center campus in Anchorage, Alaska. …Or maybe someone decided to get rid of it there. Lemon + ginger usually = all-natural home remedy. I haven’t had the best of luck with lemon lately, so I was hesitant to try this. However, I did it, but I cut the steep time, since I’m not that fond of strong ginger notes. The teabag itself is absolutely beautiful when wet and the color is nice, too. I actually liked the taste, and got it all down. Sadly, like with most other lemon things, I developed a bit of heartburn, but I’ve gotten used to that by now. It was good enough that the heartburn didn’t really matter.

Lord’s Day Nov. 14, 2010
1st and Only Steep of this Day.
Found this in the Pastors Tea Cupboard.
Great Choice on a Bright Crisp Sunny Lord’s Day Morning
Great Hot but Stayed Strong and Delightful even Cold.
Look to add this to my Home Cupboard

This is a great tea for upset stomachs. If not brewed perfectly though it can be too weak or very overpowering. This tea has a great lemon ginger balance. If brewed for too long however, the ginger becomes overwhelming and can burn the throat. Overall an excellent tea.

Special of this Lemon ginger tea is so refreshing even in the morning or evening it doesn’t matter what time you would like to drink and taste the zest of lemon and the kick of ginger in your throat. Actually I hate ginger ever since but when I drink and try the lemon ginger tea, I like it or the best thing to say is I love it. My day is not complete without drinking this tea. My better half he loves to put honey on it which is also my grandfather do hmmm yummy eh, so thank you so much Stash company. Later on I’ll try the Chai green tea and for sure I will give my comment and rating for your nice and delicious product.

More power.

Lord Bless :)

I’m usually not hugely into herbal tea, but this one is quite nice – the ginger adds just enough spice, and can be helpful for an upset stomach. The lemon flavor isn’t overpowering, and it smells wonderful.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

Strong lemongrass flavor rather than ginger in my experience. The ginger came out only at the end, despite the fact that it is listed as the first ingredient. I enjoyed it more than some other lemony teas I have tried but found it rather astringent and may reserve it for days when my sinuses need a little wake-up call.

I steeped about 3 minutes.

Now this is a tea with with a bite to rival a hyena’s. The first time I made a cup, I let the bag sit for a couple minutes and it was overwhelmingly ginger, as if I’d just grabbed a ginger root soaked in lemon for a brief while and chomped into it. The next time, I dunked the bag until the color looked about right and the scent was just enough to take over everything else when I leaned over the cup. That cup was much more balanced and proved to be very good with some honey in it.

This is a very good tea for colds, sore throats, and digestive problems (and menstrual cramps, i hear) , if you can handle it’s strength. Personally, I find it strong to the point where I can only have it once in a while, and mostly when I’m ill.

This smells mostly of ginger with just a hint of lemon. I can taste the lemongrass in the aftertaste. I’m not sure I love it. The ginger is bitter and more than a little overwhelming. It’s definitely got a bite to it. I’m sure it would be great if you were feeling under the weather, but it’s not for me otherwise.

Flavors: Biting, Bitter, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass

Boiling 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML
rosebudmelissa

I didn’t like this much either. like Stash’s Meyer Lemon tea a lot better. Celestial Seasonings has my favorite Lemon Ginger tea, but Twining’s has a pretty decent one, too.

Kristal

Oh darn :( what about a shorter steeping time?

Not even close to a true ginger tea but a good replica when you’re too lazy/sick to boil ginger. Honey + cinnamon would make it even better.

Found this stashed (hah!) away in a different drawer where I’d forgotten it. It’s so very, very ginger! There’s also a strong but not sour lemony aftertaste (lemongrass is very good for strong-but-not-sour). Very tasty and a good palate cleanser. You could probably turn this into a dessert tea by adding sugar or honey.

I planned to do a taste comparison between this and the probiotic tea ( http://steepster.com/chai-mera/posts/285733 ), but you can just read the reviews. The other is a mild lemon tea with a hint of ginger and this is GINGER with LEMON.

UPDATE: Surprisingly I did not have to remove the tea-bag, it didn’t overbrew.

COMMUTER NOTES: Individually packaged teabags. Good for after lunch, possibly less good as a during-commute tea (since it might overbrew).

Flavors: Citrus, Ginger, Lemongrass