Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea

Fruit Herbal Blend
Citric Acid, Ginger Root, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Natural Ginger Flavor, Natural Lemon Flavor, Safflower
Ginger, Lemon, Lemon Zest, Sour, Spicy, Tart, Biting, Bitter, Lemongrass, Citrus, Flowers, Hibiscus
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Stash Tea Company

This lively tea offers wide-awake flavor without caffeine. It has a smooth lemon flavor with a piquant, lingering bite of ginger.

Ingredients: Ginger root, lemongrass, lemon flavor, hibiscus, citric acid, safflower, ginger flavor

To savor the full flavor of our teas, bring fresh water to a rolling boil. Pour hot water directly over the tea bag in a pre-heated pot or cup. Brew 3-5 minutes or to desired taste. One bag makes 8 ounces hot tea. For iced tea, brew double strength.

About Stash Tea Company View company

I love ginger tea. The spice wakes my mind.

Tea 2/6 from the fruit tea sampler I got off of amazon. I bought these teas with the intention of making pitchers of iced tea, however this tea sounded like it might be better hot, so I made it two ways: iced and hot.

For the hot tea I boiled a mug of water and steeped the bag in it for one min. The taste of the tea is very mild ginger with a stronger presence of what tastes to be lemon juice. After reading the ingredients I was surprised to learn there was hibiscus in this tea. I suppose that’s what’s giving the tea a sour-lemon juice taste: the hibiscus is pairing up with the lemon ingredients. Either way, I didn’t care for this hot sour drink; it kind of tasted like neo-citron with a mild touch of ginger.

For the cold tea I steeped a tea bag in a glass of water in the fridge for 2 hours. I must say, I do like this version better. For better or for worse, the ginger is even more mild in the cold tea form, and the sourness is toned down as well. It still tastes like someone put a touch of lemon juice in, but it’s not tasting like neo-citron.

Overall, this tea is alright, but I dunno if I would repurchase. Generally when I buy lemon-ginger teas I prefer no sour notes (so either the lemon comes from lemongrass or lemon myrtle- no hibiscus) and in my opinion the ginger should be stronger. I will use this up by making iced teas, but usually I prefer my lemon teas hot. This tea is alright cold, but I have had better iced teas too. So for me, this tea juts doesn’t fit well under iced teas or hot herbal teas- I’ve had better teas in each category. This is still better than acai berry from Stash, but so far the two teas I’ve had from Stash have been kind of “meh”.

Flavors: Lemon, Sour

This smells mostly of ginger with just a hint of lemon. I can taste the lemongrass in the aftertaste. I’m not sure I love it. The ginger is bitter and more than a little overwhelming. It’s definitely got a bite to it. I’m sure it would be great if you were feeling under the weather, but it’s not for me otherwise.

Flavors: Biting, Bitter, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass

Boiling 8 min or more 8 OZ / 236 ML
rosebudmelissa

I didn’t like this much either. like Stash’s Meyer Lemon tea a lot better. Celestial Seasonings has my favorite Lemon Ginger tea, but Twining’s has a pretty decent one, too.

Kristal

Oh darn :( what about a shorter steeping time?

Shae

rosebudmelissa, I’ve tried the Twinings one but it wasn’t a favorite either. I’m wondering now if these two flavors together just don’t do it for me. I will have to look for the Celestial Seasonings and see if that might be something I like better. Thanks for the tip!

Kristal, I think that may have been part of the problem. As usual, I got distracted at work and let it steep a little too long. I think it was right at 8 minutes. Next time I try it, I’ll definitely be paying closer attention.

Not even close to a true ginger tea but a good replica when you’re too lazy/sick to boil ginger. Honey + cinnamon would make it even better.

Found this stashed (hah!) away in a different drawer where I’d forgotten it. It’s so very, very ginger! There’s also a strong but not sour lemony aftertaste (lemongrass is very good for strong-but-not-sour). Very tasty and a good palate cleanser. You could probably turn this into a dessert tea by adding sugar or honey.

I planned to do a taste comparison between this and the probiotic tea ( http://steepster.com/chai-mera/posts/285733 ), but you can just read the reviews. The other is a mild lemon tea with a hint of ginger and this is GINGER with LEMON.

UPDATE: Surprisingly I did not have to remove the tea-bag, it didn’t overbrew.

COMMUTER NOTES: Individually packaged teabags. Good for after lunch, possibly less good as a during-commute tea (since it might overbrew).

Flavors: Citrus, Ginger, Lemongrass

While I like the initial flavor and most of the body, the finish disappoints. It tastes thin and weak. Yes, I did mention it was smooth, but as I work my way through the cup, the aftertaste seems like I drank this an hour ago, not just a few seconds. I wonder, if this has to do with the freshness of the ingredients. While my teabag did say to enjoy by August of 2017, I have had other blends that used both lemongrass and ginger root together, and the ginger, at least, was a powerful flavor throughout the tea. That said, I did enjoy this cup, and I would rate it a 72/100 on my personal enjoyment scale.

My full review is here: http://www.createwritedrink.com/2015/01/tea-review-tuesday-review-of-stash-tea.html

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have a bit of an upset stomach today, so I decided it was a good day for a ginger tea. I’ve had one other lemon ginger tea, by Celestial Seasonings, and I think I actually like that one better. This is a bit more tart, and the lemon flavor isn’t as strong. It’s a good tea, but I prefer the sweetness of Celestial Seasoning’s version, especially for an upset stomach. I think it might be the hibiscus that detracts from the blend for me. I do like hibiscus in some teas, but I’m rather picky about it, and I don’t think I like it here.

Flavors: Ginger, Hibiscus, Lemon, Tart

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

In tonight’s steep-off chez sherapop, Stash Lemon Ginger is going sniff to sniff, sip to sip against Yogi Lemon Ginger, both in the filter bag format.

First observation: the Stash Lemon Ginger liquor is much darker, almost orange, than the Yogi Lemon Ginger, which is a cloudy yellow color.

Second observation: it might be the safflower in the Stash (not present in the Yogi), but something is muting the ginger in this blend, making it much less spicy and piquant and quite far from a fresh ginger infusion—my reference for excellence in this category.

Stash Lemon Ginger is potable, but nowhere near as likeable as Yogi Lemon Ginger. Yogi wins this round.

Hello.Kiki

I love your steep-off tea notes!

sherapop

Thank you, Hello.Kiki! ;-)

The poorest lemon ginger tea I’ve had so far.
It’s rather bland- not enough ginger!

I really enjoy this herbal tisane. The lemon is very bright, the ginger bites well when it’s fresh, and I prefer to order it directly from Stash to insure it’s freshness. It’s wonderful with honey when I’m sick, and good when I just need a bracing something that won’t keep me awake at night.