Lemon Ginger Herbal Tea

Fruit Herbal Blend
Citric Acid, Ginger Root, Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Natural Ginger Flavor, Natural Lemon Flavor, Safflower
Lemon, Sour, Biting, Bitter, Ginger, Lemongrass, Citrus, Flowers, Hibiscus, Tart
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Stash Tea Company

This lively tea offers wide-awake flavor without caffeine. It has a smooth lemon flavor with a piquant, lingering bite of ginger.

Ingredients: Ginger root, lemongrass, lemon flavor, hibiscus, citric acid, safflower, ginger flavor

To savor the full flavor of our teas, bring fresh water to a rolling boil. Pour hot water directly over the tea bag in a pre-heated pot or cup. Brew 3-5 minutes or to desired taste. One bag makes 8 ounces hot tea. For iced tea, brew double strength.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Found this stashed (hah!) away in a different drawer where I’d forgotten it. It’s so very, very ginger! There’s also a strong but not sour lemony aftertaste (lemongrass is very good for strong-but-not-sour). Very tasty and a good palate cleanser. You could probably turn this into a dessert tea by adding sugar or honey.

I planned to do a taste comparison between this and the probiotic tea ( http://steepster.com/chai-mera/posts/285733 ), but you can just read the reviews. The other is a mild lemon tea with a hint of ginger and this is GINGER with LEMON.

UPDATE: Surprisingly I did not have to remove the tea-bag, it didn’t overbrew.

COMMUTER NOTES: Individually packaged teabags. Good for after lunch, possibly less good as a during-commute tea (since it might overbrew).

Flavors: Citrus, Ginger, Lemongrass

While I like the initial flavor and most of the body, the finish disappoints. It tastes thin and weak. Yes, I did mention it was smooth, but as I work my way through the cup, the aftertaste seems like I drank this an hour ago, not just a few seconds. I wonder, if this has to do with the freshness of the ingredients. While my teabag did say to enjoy by August of 2017, I have had other blends that used both lemongrass and ginger root together, and the ginger, at least, was a powerful flavor throughout the tea. That said, I did enjoy this cup, and I would rate it a 72/100 on my personal enjoyment scale.

My full review is here: http://www.createwritedrink.com/2015/01/tea-review-tuesday-review-of-stash-tea.html

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have a bit of an upset stomach today, so I decided it was a good day for a ginger tea. I’ve had one other lemon ginger tea, by Celestial Seasonings, and I think I actually like that one better. This is a bit more tart, and the lemon flavor isn’t as strong. It’s a good tea, but I prefer the sweetness of Celestial Seasoning’s version, especially for an upset stomach. I think it might be the hibiscus that detracts from the blend for me. I do like hibiscus in some teas, but I’m rather picky about it, and I don’t think I like it here.

Flavors: Ginger, Hibiscus, Lemon, Tart

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

In tonight’s steep-off chez sherapop, Stash Lemon Ginger is going sniff to sniff, sip to sip against Yogi Lemon Ginger, both in the filter bag format.

First observation: the Stash Lemon Ginger liquor is much darker, almost orange, than the Yogi Lemon Ginger, which is a cloudy yellow color.

Second observation: it might be the safflower in the Stash (not present in the Yogi), but something is muting the ginger in this blend, making it much less spicy and piquant and quite far from a fresh ginger infusion—my reference for excellence in this category.

Stash Lemon Ginger is potable, but nowhere near as likeable as Yogi Lemon Ginger. Yogi wins this round.

Hello.Kiki

I love your steep-off tea notes!

sherapop

Thank you, Hello.Kiki! ;-)

The poorest lemon ginger tea I’ve had so far.
It’s rather bland- not enough ginger!

I really enjoy this herbal tisane. The lemon is very bright, the ginger bites well when it’s fresh, and I prefer to order it directly from Stash to insure it’s freshness. It’s wonderful with honey when I’m sick, and good when I just need a bracing something that won’t keep me awake at night.

This is one of my all time favorite teas!

This is my favorite herbal tea. It is zippy and easy on my stomach (I have acid reflux). It’s best iced with honey.

Not too flavorful until the very bottom of the cup. A nice flavor, but not great. I like lemon and ginger a lot, but could actually use a bit more of them, or something else to complement it.

In the future, I should use this only to make smaller cups of tea.

Really good! I love the gentle tangy taste that the ginger leaves on my tongue. Nicely balanced, lovely and smooth. The longer you let the teabag steep, the better. Perfect snack tea, or stomachache reliever.