Milk-Scented Kinsen Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

• “This is not a bad tea, but not at all spectacular. It's a bit fruity and on the green side, and not at all creamy. It might be a little sweet. The first time I brewed it I didn't get a very good...” Read full tasting note
    arichard 52 tasting notes
  • “Since I usually drink black teas, pu'erhs and dark oolongs this seemed a most appropriate choice for today. Mild, light-flavored, and sweet this is a pleasant tea. I'll be trying to drink this...” Read full tasting note
    chai-jenn 103 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

The intriguing name of this tea comes from the delicate milk scent of the tea which is brought on by a sudden change of weather during the harvest. In spite of its name, this tea contains no milk or dairy. This Oolong tea grows primarily in the foggy and wet mountain regions of China. Pale in the cup, Milk-scented Kinsen Oolong is creamy and soothing. As an oolong tea, it is a cross between black and green tea in color and taste.

About Stash Tea Company View company

This is not a bad tea, but not at all spectacular. It’s a bit fruity and on the green side, and not at all creamy. It might be a little sweet. The first time I brewed it I didn’t get a very good second cup, and today I’m trying it with more leaves. I’m not super impressed. I’ll drink it, but I don’t think I’ll reorder. I like Republic of Tea’s much better – that one tastes like pineapple.

Edit: I was drinking this in a big mug (16 oz), and added 1/2 tsp of sugar to the second and third steepings. With that addition it had a much improved taste! This tea is back in my good graces.

Since I usually drink black teas, pu’erhs and dark oolongs this seemed a most appropriate choice for today. Mild, light-flavored, and sweet this is a pleasant tea. I’ll be trying to drink this down more once the weather gets warmer. Green teas and light oolongs just don’t do it for me when it’s cold out.

I think this April Fool joke is on me XD