Cranberry Pomegranate

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Hibiscus, Natural Cranberry Flavor, Pomegranate, Red Rooibos
Berries, Fruity, Sour, Sweet, Berry, Fruit Punch, Pineapple, Pleasantly Sour, Red Fruits, Rosehips, Tart, Tropical
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by The 13th Doctor

From Stash Tea Company

This hibiscus and rooibos blend is festive in both taste and color. The natural cranberry and pomegranate flavors give this tea a very cheery taste. Its sweet and tart flavor notes are very appealing and for something extra special, add a touch of sugar to bring out the best in this tea.

Ingredients: hibiscus, rooibos, cranberry flavor, and pomegranate flavor

About Stash Tea Company View company

This tea tastes like… Olives.

Ewwwwww. I hate olives to begin with- why is my fruity tea tasting like them? I blame the rooibos. And the hibiscus.

Once the olive taste wears off, I’m left with a slightly cranberry-like aftertaste. No pomegranate to speak of. It’s like a shadow of what this tea might have tasted like if it were blended better.

Ughhh. This is exactly why I despise both rooibos and fruity herbals.

First of all, I am not a huge fan of rooibos tea, and with the flavor combination of pomegranate and cranberry, I should have know that this tea was going to be too tart (and icky) for my liking. I’m not sure what I was thinking when I bought this one. Thankfully, my brother seems to be enjoying the remainder of the box, but even he adds a touch of honey to “edit” the taste.

First off, I have no idea how long I steeped this, but the mug was still pretty hot when I remembered I was drinking this tea so it can’t have been for too too long. At least it’s an herbal, right? I also added more than a bit of sugar to both counteract the dreaded hibiscus and also to hopefully mask the rooibos taste that I really don’t like very much except for very specific instances. I’m currently hugging the tea mug because it feels very nice and warm on my hands and the building is cooler than normal here at work. I broke my purse today, the handle ripped out, so I’m hoping this tea is better than I’m anticipating, to make up for my cruddy day.

Drinking this, it isn’t horrible. There’s still a yucky rooibos undertone that I don’t like at all, but the fruit flavours are pretty strong with the sugar added and tart and fruity like they are supposed to be. I can definitely taste the cranberry and there’s some pomegranate in there too. I don’t think I’d like this tea at all without the sweetener.

205 °F / 96 °C

This one has a certain zing of tartness, but overall I liked it. I wouldn’t go to it first but when I want something with that tart flavor, I’d take it.

This steep very fast, so be warned! I left my tea bag in under a minute and it steeped a very bright pink magenta colour (like the packaging/) I can taste some tartness and something sweet and fruity. I find the pomegranate is almost tropical and creamy, I taste a bit of vanilla, which I did not expect. I think this makes a decent iced drink as long as you don’t steep it too long. It also goes well in ginger ale if you are looking for a sweeter and flavourful soda.

Flavors: Berry, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Pineapple, Pleasantly Sour, Red Fruits, Rosehips, Sweet, Tart, Tropical

Iced 0 min, 45 sec 17 OZ / 500 ML
rosebudmelissa

Most of Stash’s Hibiscus teas taste really weird if brewed for more than a short time. I much prefer Celestial Seasonings or Adagio for Hibiscus teas.

Kristal

I concur with rosebudmelissa. I have had about 8 fruit herbals from stash and the only one I liked was Raspberry Hibiscus(it actually tasted like raspberries!). Really like Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry and Black cherry for iced teas.

Arby Robilliard

I actually find Celestial Seasonings is similar to Stash and get very tart quickly. I mostly avoid hibiscus teas when I can, but I bought a whole bunch of individual herbal tea bags so I could make iced teas.

Kristal

Ah well, to each their own!

I got a massage this morning which was amazing and saw that the Massage Envy location I was at had these teabags. Cranberry Pomegranate is one of my favorite flavor combinations in other companies so I decided to pick one up and take it home to review it.

First, upon opening the packet it smells hopeful. However, it does not smell like pomegranate or cranberry at all. Instead it smells of blueberries. It’s almost like Teavanas blueberry pineapple in smell… I wonder if it will taste as such? This is ironic because it is a mix of rooibos, hibiscus, and cranberry and pomegranate flavorings so why would it be giving off that aroma? I do not know.

After steeping it I was very disappointed. It wasn’t the worst thing to ever grace the planet but it was not close to great either. I was a cup of blaaaaaaaaaaaaah and didn’t really taste of anything remote to cranberry/pomegranate.

Oh well, I have more teas to love.

Flavors: Fruity

Note to self: Cranberry does not mix well with rooibos. This is as unappealing as almost all of Stash’s fruit flavored herbals, even though it doesn’t have licorice. That is almost impressive to me.

This tea was alright. It had a very fruity flavor, but soured a bit towards the end of the cup.
Sugar brought out the fruity flavor for me, (1 tsp), as before I couldn’t taste much of anything.

tastes how you’d expect a tart fruity tisane to taste. requires sugar. reminds me of tazo passion but blander and less complex.

probably had to add honey, it was kinda bland for a tea that had 2 fruit flavors. i dont think i tasted the rooibos in it the first time. will update