Cranberry Pomegranate

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by SupremeMongoose

From Stash Tea Company

This hibiscus and rooibos blend is festive in both taste and color. The natural cranberry and pomegranate flavors give this tea a very cheery taste. Its sweet and tart flavor notes are very appealing and for something extra special, add a touch of sugar to bring out the best in this tea.

Ingredients: hibiscus, rooibos, cranberry flavor, and pomegranate flavor

About Stash Tea Company View company

This tea tastes like… Olives.

Ewwwwww. I hate olives to begin with- why is my fruity tea tasting like them? I blame the rooibos. And the hibiscus.

Once the olive taste wears off, I’m left with a slightly cranberry-like aftertaste. No pomegranate to speak of. It’s like a shadow of what this tea might have tasted like if it were blended better.

Ughhh. This is exactly why I despise both rooibos and fruity herbals.

First of all, I am not a huge fan of rooibos tea, and with the flavor combination of pomegranate and cranberry, I should have know that this tea was going to be too tart (and icky) for my liking. I’m not sure what I was thinking when I bought this one. Thankfully, my brother seems to be enjoying the remainder of the box, but even he adds a touch of honey to “edit” the taste.

First off, I have no idea how long I steeped this, but the mug was still pretty hot when I remembered I was drinking this tea so it can’t have been for too too long. At least it’s an herbal, right? I also added more than a bit of sugar to both counteract the dreaded hibiscus and also to hopefully mask the rooibos taste that I really don’t like very much except for very specific instances. I’m currently hugging the tea mug because it feels very nice and warm on my hands and the building is cooler than normal here at work. I broke my purse today, the handle ripped out, so I’m hoping this tea is better than I’m anticipating, to make up for my cruddy day.

Drinking this, it isn’t horrible. There’s still a yucky rooibos undertone that I don’t like at all, but the fruit flavours are pretty strong with the sugar added and tart and fruity like they are supposed to be. I can definitely taste the cranberry and there’s some pomegranate in there too. I don’t think I’d like this tea at all without the sweetener.

205 °F / 96 °C

This one has a certain zing of tartness, but overall I liked it. I wouldn’t go to it first but when I want something with that tart flavor, I’d take it.

This tea was alright. It had a very fruity flavor, but soured a bit towards the end of the cup.
Sugar brought out the fruity flavor for me, (1 tsp), as before I couldn’t taste much of anything.

tastes how you’d expect a tart fruity tisane to taste. requires sugar. reminds me of tazo passion but blander and less complex.

probably had to add honey, it was kinda bland for a tea that had 2 fruit flavors. i dont think i tasted the rooibos in it the first time. will update

I was not a fan of this one. Like the other reviewer, I thought this tea was a little bland. It tasted like I was drinking hot watered down fruit punch. Pass.