Meyer Lemon Herbal Tea

Fruit Herbal Blend
Citric Acid, Hibiscus, Lemon Oil, Lemongrass, Orange Peel, Rose Hips, Safflower
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by fancyteacup

• “Bagged tea and pop tarts for breakfast, because it's quick/easy and I'm still so exhausted from last night/work this week. At least I have all weekend off! I'm really happy with my tea choice for...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1172 tasting notes
  • “So it's the end of the day, after an exam and 4 additional hours of math, and I'm making some well-deserved midnight Parmesan noodles, and 'suddenly' I want tea. After going through my cupboard in...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1162 tasting notes
  • “I don't usually get all excited to try an herbal tea, especially a bagged herbal tea, but, when I found this tea on the Stash Tea website I wanted to try it! I love Meyer Lemons! I was a...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4221 tasting notes
  • “Wow I didn't even know there was hibiscus in this! Honestly, it tastes like I'm drinking a cup of hot lemon and honey :D Well, I added the honey. But this is a kick butt cup of herbal bagged...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

An artfully crafted herbal blend of rosehips, lemongrass, orange peel, hibiscus, Meyer lemon oil and safflower. Meyer lemons are a cross between a lemon and mandarin orange. They are a burst of lemon flavor without the lip-puckering tartness. The juicy lemony taste and fragrant aroma of this tea is a delight any time of day, hot or iced.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Bagged tea and pop tarts for breakfast, because it’s quick/easy and I’m still so exhausted from last night/work this week. At least I have all weekend off!

I’m really happy with my tea choice for the most part though; I’m just slightly regretting not picking something with lots of caffeine like a mate; maybe that’d be just a touch more helpful with feeling “bright eyed and bushy tailed”. At least this is tasty!

Tre just got up and immediately started bitching about the dishes not being done. Excuse me!? I’ve been doing all the dishes for the last month: you want a frying pan so you can make eggs? Fucking wash it yourself.

Kat_Maria

Haha, the joys of having room-mates (“apartment-mates”). Been there, done that!

keychange

hahahahahahaha bright eyed and bushy tailed! I loved this note.

Fjellrev

Man, I don’t miss having a roommate.

Tabby

Ugh, some people are so entitled..

Sami Kelsh

If it makes you feel any better, I had a boyfriend whose flatmate once called him out on never volunteering to clean the bathroom. He said he thought the bathroom never needed cleaning because it always looked fine.

He was seriously shocked when she told him that it was always fine because she cleaned it every week. He thought it just stayed magically clean on its own without intervention. He lived alone when we were dating. You could totally tell that the whole not-cleaning-the-bathroom habit was one that died hard. Sigh. It’s not that hard to wash a pan. I’m pretty glad I live alone.

CelebriTEA

The pan issue sounds like my Very Spoiled son…grrr…
He thinks there is some magic "Cleaning Fairy who runs behind him
smh! He is 19

Roswell Strange

The roommate in question here is 20. I kinda get why he doesn’t want to do dishes; it’s his job – but he still has to take his turn every now and then or not get pissed when I do them at my pace.

So it’s the end of the day, after an exam and 4 additional hours of math, and I’m making some well-deserved midnight Parmesan noodles, and ‘suddenly’ I want tea. After going through my cupboard in preparation for sampling out stuff for the Victoria Meet-Up (yay!), I wasn’t in the mood to faff around with anything, so I reached for a bag.

This one won out over Numi’s Dry Desert Lime, mostly because I don’t need any sweetener with it. Just hot water and my mug.

Yum. Sweet-sour lemony lemonness. Doesn’t really “go” with my noodles, but I don’t care.

Now I’m thinking I should have tried that Verdant sage blend. Oh well. This is good.

Cavocorax

Oh, I want noodles now… But I should just go to bed…

OMGsrsly

I should have been in bed ages ago. :) There’s been so much studying, I think I’m too tired to sleep.

Kittenna

I should go to sleep too… I’m three time zones later than both of you D:

OMGsrsly

At this point it’s basically morning for you! Yikes! Hope you sleep well.

Chizakura

I did the same thing. I meant to be in bed at 10PM last night, but somehow it was 1:30AM before I did. I have no idea how that happened. Dx

Chizakura

I don’t like staying up late either, so it’s not like old habits kicked in.

OMGsrsly

I’m totally a night owl, but I’ve had to leave the house before 8 almost every day this semester. I am not really looking forward to working in the real world. 8-4:30 is a terrible shift for me!

Kittenna

Haha, I’m quite a night owl. I went to bed around 4am. Trying to change my habits, but being kind of sick and having trouble sleeping kind of messed things up for me. Sigh.

I don’t usually get all excited to try an herbal tea, especially a bagged herbal tea, but, when I found this tea on the Stash Tea website I wanted to try it! I love Meyer Lemons!

I was a little dismayed to find that there is hibiscus in this blend – but the hibiscus is not a strong presence in this cup. It’s just enough to add some color to the brewed liquor, and perhaps a bit of tartness.

This is lemon-y goodness! Yes, it’s tart – quite tart – even pucker-y tart! But it’s a lemon-y tartness, so I am finding it rather pleasant. Sweet, fruity and delicious.

LiberTEAS

This one gets even better as it cools! YUMMY – like Meyer Lemonade!

Wow I didn’t even know there was hibiscus in this!

Honestly, it tastes like I’m drinking a cup of hot lemon and honey :D Well, I added the honey. But this is a kick butt cup of herbal bagged tea, especially to soothe a sore throat. Courtesy of my mother-in-law’s tea stash. Yum!

I’m using these cool things called Honey Beads. They dissolve instantly in hot water, they’re pretty much dry honey! Brilliant. I got them for Christmas from some Toronto friends and they are awesome.

I digress! I’m having a swap!
Check out my post in the Swap thread, and if you can get a package out by Monday the 13th, let’s do this babeh.

Bagged, looking into loose leaf
Aroma when Dry: Bright, tart, floral
After water is first poured: lemon
At end of steep: very lemony, hints of hibiscus
Tea liquor:
At end of steep: dusty yellow
Staple? No
Time of day preferred: any, but day primarily
Taste:
At first: lemon, almost blackberry leaf notes, rosehips very faint hibiscus
As it cools? notes taste like unsweetened lemony syrup
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No
Lingers? Yes, the rosehips and lemon mostly

Want to try chilled

A great lemon taste that is good either hot or cold. I usually just leave my teabag in my cup and drink it without milk or sweetner.

LiberTEAS

This is one of the nicer fruit tisanes that I’ve encountered. I love the meyer lemon flavor in this.

This was okay but I really miss their Lemon Blossom tea,as it was a lot more lemony.

sgullen

Do we order more?

Maybe it’s because I’m in the mood for a tart, fruity tea, but this tea is very fitting for this rainy evening. I love the bright lemon flavors! The beginning of the sip is a little bland, but the tart finish is rather enjoyable. It’s not a jaw-dropping tea, but I’m very pleased with it tonight. Thanks, TeaEqualsBliss!

I believe this was a gift from LiberTeas – thank you!

Dry, the bag smells a bit like lemon-scented cleaner. It is very strong. The brewed tisane is not pink, suprisingly – clearly there is not as much hibiscus in here as I was expecting. Hot, I found this way too tart and a little bitter, so I chilled the rest of the cup, and I like it much better cold – it isn’t as tart and it is very refreshing.

I’ve never had a Meyer lemon, but this tea is wonderful. Slightly more orangey than a regular lemon so I’ll be heading for the produce section to pick some of these up