Chocolate Mint Oolong

Oolong Tea
Dark Chocolate, Mint, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

From Stash Tea Company

Subtle hints of chocolate and mint complement this enticing Oolong tea.

Ingredients: oolong tea, peppermint, natural chocolate flavor, cocoa powder, carob powder

Steeping Instructions: 1-3 minutes at 160-180 degrees Fahrenheit
Caffeinated: Yes

About Stash Tea Company View company

This did remind me of Thin Mints or York Peppermint Patties. The flavor is more mint than chocolate. But I don’t know what kind of oolong is supposed to be here. I like it though.

I absolutely love this. Tastes like a little piece of heaven for me. There’s even a bit of powder left in the wrapper, that if you lick the wrapper, tastes AMAZING. (I know I’m weird.)

Not really chocolatey, but minty and tasty.

I was really excited about this tea when I ordered a weight loss taster set online. I’ve tried a few chocolate tea over the past year however, this was the first with mint. As soon as i opened the pack I could smell the sweet smell of mint chocolate which proved promising, the flavor of the tea was good; the oolong worked well, the mint was powerful but sweet and the chocolate although just a hint was really nice. With a little agave this satisfied my sweet tooth.

(This is from last night, so I actually had kind of a Stash day yesterday!)

This tea is a hit in my household! I really love how the flavours complement each other in this one. When we made it for supper this time, though, with one bag in a large pot, the chocolate and mint flavours came out but the oolong was a bit subdued. There’s more balance when you steep as instructed. Overall, though, another winner from Stash!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Ok, as always I find stash teas too weak.
That aside choc-mint is a good tea. Make a small cup, leave the tea bag and be a bit heavy handed on the milk = a decent chocolate mint treat. :)

Opening the envelope, taking out the bag, is like removing the lid of a box of chocolates. Hmmm…. haven’t tried this with milk before…. “More calcium!” I think, as I splash soymilk into my steaming cup. It turns out to be just as good, maybe even better, than without.

How i got it: Gift from my sister

Experience: This is my first taste of Oolongs that i can remember. Nice tea, i have to say. None of the flavors are very pronounced, but all of them can be perceived. The mint notes are the most clear, followed by the tea ones, while the chocolate ones stay constantly in the background. Very smooth aroma, also dominated by the mint. At the end, a well balanced and enjoyable mix. Quite good.

Would i buy it?: Why not (hehe)? I’m marking this one as another good option to look for if i’m in a mood for sweets.

When you open the package, its as if your opening a box of girl guide cookies! YUMMY!! But then you add the water and your sugars. (I usually like my tea with out milk) And the water made it smell of weed. The smell usually makes me have a headache. But i think Oolong teas are meant to be drunken with milk? I liked it much better once i put the milk inside. Made it seem like i was drinking a melted cookie!

Flavors: Dark Chocolate, Mint

Boiling 8 min or more 25 g 2 OZ / 50 ML

It was really Tasty, I might not have steeped it as long as I should have and added a bit too much water, but it was great none the less! I have 17 more to go!

Flavors: Chocolate, Mint