Chocolate Mint Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

From Stash Tea Company

Subtle hints of chocolate and mint complement this enticing Oolong tea.

Ingredients: oolong tea, peppermint, natural chocolate flavor, cocoa powder, carob powder

Steeping Instructions: 1-3 minutes at 160-180 degrees Fahrenheit
Caffeinated: Yes

About Stash Tea Company View company

This did remind me of Thin Mints or York Peppermint Patties. The flavor is more mint than chocolate. But I don’t know what kind of oolong is supposed to be here. I like it though.

I absolutely love this. Tastes like a little piece of heaven for me. There’s even a bit of powder left in the wrapper, that if you lick the wrapper, tastes AMAZING. (I know I’m weird.)

Not really chocolatey, but minty and tasty.

I was really excited about this tea when I ordered a weight loss taster set online. I’ve tried a few chocolate tea over the past year however, this was the first with mint. As soon as i opened the pack I could smell the sweet smell of mint chocolate which proved promising, the flavor of the tea was good; the oolong worked well, the mint was powerful but sweet and the chocolate although just a hint was really nice. With a little agave this satisfied my sweet tooth.

(This is from last night, so I actually had kind of a Stash day yesterday!)

This tea is a hit in my household! I really love how the flavours complement each other in this one. When we made it for supper this time, though, with one bag in a large pot, the chocolate and mint flavours came out but the oolong was a bit subdued. There’s more balance when you steep as instructed. Overall, though, another winner from Stash!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Ok, as always I find stash teas too weak.
That aside choc-mint is a good tea. Make a small cup, leave the tea bag and be a bit heavy handed on the milk = a decent chocolate mint treat. :)

Opening the envelope, taking out the bag, is like removing the lid of a box of chocolates. Hmmm…. haven’t tried this with milk before…. “More calcium!” I think, as I splash soymilk into my steaming cup. It turns out to be just as good, maybe even better, than without.

My husband received an array of bagged Stash teas from a coworker for the holidays (in a mug which was the only thing he was interested in). He gave me the teas.

This wasn’t too shabby! Usually, I’m not the biggest fan of mint teas, but this wasn’t overpowering; it was pretty smooth. Pardon my briefness, I had this at work about 8 hours ago at this point. I got a decent first steep out of my bag, tried a second – a no go. Not something I would expect from your typical bagged tea in any case. Anyway, this is good and I’d accept another bag but probably wouldn’t go out of my way to purchase.

Sipdown!

My favorite tea in the universe :)

Refreshing and particularly delicious with half a spoon of sugar (if your charge is willing to spare any.) I find it gets slightly murky at the bottom, so it’s best to stir periodically.