Decaf Vanilla Chai

Cinnamon, Spices, Astringent, Vanilla, Creamy, Smooth, Tea
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Chai (not Kai) Mera

From Stash Tea Company

Natural vanilla adds rich and creamy flavor notes to our delicious naturally decaffeinated Chai tea. Add a splash of milk and sugar for a luscious, dessert-like drink.

Brew 3-5 minutes.

About Stash Tea Company View company

I got a couple bad of this tea from one of my teachers, and thought I’d give it a try. Stash is one of my favorite tea companies, so I ignored the fact that it is a black tea and breed it up. Needless to say, I fell in love with this tea. It had just enough vanilla flavor, and the chai was spicy enough. I ended up getting different vanilla chai options due to the fact that my local grocery stores do not care this variety of stash.

I really like this tea because it smells lovely of vanilla and black tea. The taste if brewed too long is a bit astringent. But when brewed correctly it tastes like black tea with a hint of vanilla. I feel like adding a bit of milk and sugar/honey helps bring out the vanilla taste a bit. This is one of my favorite teas to have as a latte.

Flavors: Astringent, Vanilla

Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Love. it’s soft, smooth and creamy with a nice warm vanilla touch for cold days.

Flavors: Creamy, Smooth, Vanilla

A good basic chai. Taste is primarily vanilla with the spices appearing afterwards. I did a fairly short steep because I don’t like my black tea getting bitter, but it probably gets more “spiced” and less vanilla with longer brewing. Best with milk or equivalent.

Initially picked this up because I was at my local grocery/cafe and didn’t like any of the hot teas on the menu. Am slightly distrustful of anything that says decaf (it probably isn’t, not entirely) so this will remain a morning/weekend tea.

Flavors: Spices, Tea, Vanilla

A sample from Roswell Strange. Apparently I’ve tried this one once before, but I only have the vaguest of recollections so it’s nice to have an opportunity to refresh my memory. I gave this one 4 minutes in boiling water, and added a decent splash of milk. I do love a decent latte-style chai!

To taste, this one’s so creamy it’s almost unreal. I’m sure the milk has helped, but it’s also the vanilla, which is by far the strongest flavour. It’s rich, sweet, and smooth with that characteristic vanilla bean stickiness. The spices emerge mostly in the mid-sip, and stop the sweetness from becoming cloying. It’s a nice balance between the initial hit of vanilla and the warming cinnamon, ginger and clove. The black tea base is pretty perfect – unobtrusive, with no astringency, but with enough body to support some milk, and to avoid tasting thin. Beautiful! This one would make a great cup on a snowy day – I might have to try and source some of this for just such occasions! Yum!

I’ve been a fan of Bigelow’s vanilla chai since college. The cafeteria stocked it, so I drank it with some regularity. The problem was that I am very sensitive to caffeine, so I couldn’t drink it as often as I wanted to. So I am very pleased to find a decaf vanilla chai that I enjoy. I might even like this better than Bigelow’s. The vanilla comes through very will, and it’s very smooth, not bitter at all. I will definitely be getting more of this.

Flavors: Smooth, Spices, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I enjoy this, and take it with me when I go away, but am not sure I will be repurchasing. For chai, it is decent, and definitely has some spice. But I have noticed a lack of cinnamon taste and also a lack of vanilla. Considering it is vanilla chai, this disappoints me.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I bought this just before I started getting into loose leaf. I drank it quite often when I first bought it but haven’t had it in a year or so. It is still quite pleasant. The vanilla really comes through with milk and sweetener and the spices are just an afterthought, which I really like. I only have a few bags left so I think I will restock this.

I love black tea in the morning, but I can’t have caffeine right after breakfast (diet rules), so I’ve been looking for good decaf blacks. After trying all of H&S’s offerings and not being impressed, it’s nice to find one that is cheap and easy to pick up at the grocery store.

Delist with some sugar an milk! I do however add a little more milk than I would any other chai.

Milk, sugar, and a little bit of honey…lovely.