Chai White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

• “My Tao of tea order came in yesterday while I was at work and between the busy evening and waking up later this morning I wasn't able to devote the time for a full review, making me very sad. So I...” Read full tasting note
    chai-jenn 104 tasting notes
  • “Stash is one of my favorite tea companies and I like many of their blends a lot. Their chais, not so much. I WANTED to like them, but just didn't and it took me forever to break myself of the...” Read full tasting note
    MsWhatsit 58 tasting notes
  • “very light tea with smooth undertones of the chai. this is really my first white tea experience. short steep with the water not too hot to burn the leaves. an ok chai experience but i still prefer...” Read full tasting note
    mrmopar 214 tasting notes
  • “The aroma is very satisfying. I added a little splash of milk to mine. I can only faintly taste the cinnamon and spices, but it has a very relaxing taste.” Read full tasting note
    rmostman 11 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

White tea combines with chai tea spices. Deliciously silky with a splash of milk and sweetener.

About Stash Tea Company View company

My Tao of tea order came in yesterday while I was at work and between the busy evening and waking up later this morning I wasn’t able to devote the time for a full review, making me very sad. So I decided to perk up my mood with an old favorite. I swear, I collect Stash chais. There are very few chai/spiced teas of theirs that I haven’t bought. This one is strongly cardamom and cinnamon like the rest but the white tea base gives it a lighter feel? flavor? I’m not quite sure how to describe it. But it makes it a great tea for a morning with just a bit of a chill.

Stash is one of my favorite tea companies and I like many of their blends a lot. Their chais, not so much. I WANTED to like them, but just didn’t and it took me forever to break myself of the habit of buying more, hoping they’d get the next batch right.

So when I saw this blend, I had a few misgivings and suspected I might be making a mistake, but the white tea blend was one I hadn’t tried, so I took the chance.

For once, I was glad that I did.

A really strong chai can stand alone. This one was more subtle, so I added the obligatory coconut milk and sweetener. That was good and I suddenly realized what the blend of spices reminded me of.

Now it happened that I had in my refrigerator some pasteurized egg whites that I often use as a protein source for smoothies. I’d been considering all morning what to do with them. Now I brought out a stainless steel bowl, poured the tea and coconut milk into it, added the egg whites, and whisked the whole thing until it was frothy. Voila, a nice warm homemade eggnog.

Yep, that’s what the tea reminds me of. And it makes a wonderful base for eggnog. Didn’t need vanilla or anything. Seriously good.

I don’t know how much of it I’ll be drinking straight, but I’ve certainly found my mulling spice and eggnog base for this year.

very light tea with smooth undertones of the chai. this is really my first white tea experience. short steep with the water not too hot to burn the leaves. an ok chai experience but i still prefer the black tea chais more

Very strong cinnamon fragrance, but the flavour offers a good balance of spices and a buried hint of white tea! The chai spices definitely dominate.

I use to drinking Chai with black tea but the white tea is nice switch. The spice make a decent blend. It is light and carefree!

Boiling 8 min or more

I’m not quite sure how I feel about this tea. The spices are reminiscent of baby gherkin pickles… I usually love chai tea, but I’m not in love with this white chai tea.

Still not quite sure about this one. The white tea is obviously very mild but the chai spices are pretty strong so it’s kind of an odd combination. Black tea works much better with spices like these.

I guess I should give this a thumbs up? The spices were delicious, but they were all I could taste. I couldn’t taste the tea itself. A few of these would be good to add to some plain black tea…

Usually I let this steep far longer than it actually is intended to, just because it is very faint to start with. For whatever reason, I really like this blend, even though it doesn’t seem to make any logical sense with chai spices in my head. Super soft and creamy with milk and a bit of stevia / sugar.