Cherry Almond

Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

From Stash Tea Company

For our delicious Cherry Almond dessert tea, we combine the sweet flavor of plump red cherries and rich natural almond oil with black teas from India and China. The result is a smooth, cordial-like tea that is rich in flavor and aroma. This tea may be enjoyed any time of the day, but it is especially pleasant in the evening with a touch of sugar.

Ingredients: blended black teas, cherry fruit pieces, natural oil of almond

Steeping Instructions: 3-5 minutes at 190-209 degrees Fahrenheit
Caffeinated: Yes

About Stash Tea Company View company

ashmanra sent me a sample of the Stash version of cherry almond to compare with the Market Spice equivalent. Both are nice, but I think quite different (didn’t do a side-by-side). Stash leads with the almond; I think the Market Spice leads more with the cherry. Either would be nice, I think, chilled on a warmish afternoon. (We haven’t had many of those of late!)

1998 tasting notes

I have been shopping at The Fresh Market for years now, but always in another city as we didn’t have one where I live. This week, we got our own! My friend and I were so excited to get there this morning that we failed to look at the clock and arrived twenty minutes prior to their 8 am opening time! Fortunately, we could happily sit in the car and chat! It was her first time ever going to a Fresh Market and I was really excited to show it to her.

I bought some breakfast things for us. When we got back to my house I asked her what tea she would like with breakfast. Each one I named she said, “Anything is good, just fix whatever you are in the mood for.” Then I asked if she wanted this one, and her reaction was quite different! She was obviously excited by this one! I ordered it purely because she had been so interested in it when she saw it in their catalog.

I made a pot of it to go with strawberries and viili, and blueberry banana bread. It was delicious. The aroma makes your mouth water from the time you open the package, and it seems to be a non-finicky tea. It is smooth and easy to drink with no milk or sugar added. It was great with breakfast, and would pair really nicely with a lot of things.