Vanilla Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Cheryl

• “This appears to be new at Stash (online) and is offered in loose leaf variety. The leaves look amazing and promising. What I missed in the description was the "vanilla nut" part. What kind of...” Read full tasting note
    Zweven 136 tasting notes
  • “Creamy, balanced between the fragrant bergamot and the creamy vanilla. I like the big, bold leaf of this tea. The tea's strong enough, too, to offset any of the dreaded "creamsicle" portential...” Read full tasting note
    liralenli 19 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

A unique blend of fine quality black teas with a hint of bergamot and natural vanilla flavor. Smooth and aromatic with an amber color in the cup.

Ingredients: blended black teas, bergamot extract, natural vanilla nut flavor

Steeping Instructions: 3-5 minutes at 190-209 degrees Fahrenheit
Caffeinated: Yes

About Stash Tea Company View company

This appears to be new at Stash (online) and is offered in loose leaf variety. The leaves look amazing and promising. What I missed in the description was the “vanilla nut” part. What kind of nut? Well, my tastebuds are telling me hazelnut, and that’s unfortunate…hazelnut and I don’t get along. Hazelnut booms my tastebuds and everything else fades into the background. I don’t taste bergamot, only a little vanilla (but at least the tea base came through, which is really good).

For not being an Earl Grey, as titled, it’ll get low marks from me (sad).

SimpliciTEA

Back in the day when I used to drink flavor-added coffee, there was a flavor I didn’t care for, and I think it was hazelnut. It did the same thing to me that it sounds like it does to you in this tea: it stood so boldly in the forefront of the overall taste that “everything else fades into the background.”

Cheryl

Speaking of coffee, I can detect that taste in anything and everything too (and do not like it at all). Love chocolate, unless it’s “mocha”. There we a few split seconds when I wondered if there was pistachio in this tea, then it boomed back to hazelnut, so who knows.

Creamy, balanced between the fragrant bergamot and the creamy vanilla. I like the big, bold leaf of this tea. The tea’s strong enough, too, to offset any of the dreaded “creamsicle” portential here, it’s still definitely tea. It’s amazing with milk, and I actually didn’t taste any nut influences.