Orange Spice Black Tea

Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Skulleigh

2 Images

From Stash Tea Company

“For our Orange Spice tea we blend full bodied black teas from India, Sri Lanka and China, with the finest cinnamon from Sri Lanka and sweet California orange peel and orange oil. The result is a very aromatic tea that has the flavor of zesty orange and spicy cinnamon. Tastes excellent hot or cold.”

About Stash Tea Company View company

So I remembered that the folks who recommended this tea to me actually said it’s supposedly great as a sun tea. Eh. As much as I love solar power, I don’t have a vessel in which to make sun tea. I tried this tea again as a cold brew iced tea, and I like it more than as a hot tea. The citrus was really evident, and the black base was refreshing. The supermarket at which I bought this tea has Stash in bulk ($0.10/bag), so I may be getting more (it’s in the pasta/cereal aisle — it’s like the store knows my weaknesses). I wouldn’t go out of my way to always stock it, but it’s good every now and then.

gmathis

Plain old Mason jars work great for small batches of sun tea…make yourself some spaghetti, save the sauce jar.

Calochortus

Mason jars are my water vessels — and also my tea vessels… I’ll try out making sun tea in them, though. Thanks!

The fragrance and flavor of this tea really underwhelmed. There was no hint of orange or spice…I really only tasted the black tea. I’ve had this sample in my stash for awhile so maybe it was old. Wouldn’t recommend unless you simply need a hot beverage with little flavor.

I’m leaving on a jet plane today! Eeeeee! So in an effort to reduce the last minute dirty dishes to wash, I’m dipping into my rarely used stash of individual teabags.

The orange is definitely prominent. On my first sip though I definitely tasted something artificial-y, and took another peek at the wrapper. Orange peel is in there but so it “orange flavor” and “clove flavor.” It went away after the first sip.

The base tea is unidentifiable to me – just generic “black tea” – I would love to try a good malty Keemun or Assam with orange, cinnamon, and clove. That would be good.

This isn’t bad, or offensive, but not great. So I wouldn’t refuse a cup of this if it was offered, but I am not going to seek it out.

one of my favorites-a totally standard orange spice. comparable to constant comment. can get bitter if steeped at too high a temperature.