Portland Blend

Black Herbal Blend
Black Tea, Blue Cornflowers, Cocoa Nibs, Raspberry, Rose Petals
Cocoa, Raspberry, Rose
Edit tea info Last updated by Erik Dabel

• “I'm normally not a huge fan of tea blends, especially ones using rose and berries, but this one is actually quite delicious. It is basically a black tea with added what-have-yous, namely cocoa,...” Read full tasting note
    Erik Dabel 127 tasting notes
  • “Stash Portland Blend has quickly moved into my top 10 every day teas. It has a wonderful aroma of chocolate, rose, and citrus, and is bold enough to wake me up on weekday mornings. Perfect tea...” Read full tasting note
    Siberia 16 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

Grab your party hats and celebrate 40 years of delicious tea. This special, limited edition anniversary blend is a confetti party in your cup. This blend of chocolate nibs, coconut, blue cornflower and rosebud pays tribute to the beautiful city we call home, Portland, the city of roses. Cheers!

About Stash Tea Company View company

I’m normally not a huge fan of tea blends, especially ones using rose and berries, but this one is actually quite delicious.

It is basically a black tea with added what-have-yous, namely cocoa, rose, raspberry, and blue cornflower. All these things together made me pause at first, as usually when you have a blend with this many things, it comes out a mishmash of sensation with no real direction.

Not the case here. Each flavor could be picked out fresh and ready, but overall it was still clearly a black tea with added flavor.

I used 2 heaping tablespoons of leaves in my 32 ounce Bodum Assam, rinsed first, added boiling water, and let it steep for 3 minutes, the minimum recommendation on the package.

It gave me a dark, velvety, reddish black liqueur with an aroma of black tea with cocoa, rose, and berry. The taste itself gets a little more specific, and you can point out the rose, raspberry, and cocoa adding to the fine black tea base taste.

As the package says, it is eclectic and quirky, just like Portland. That’s pretty accurate, I would say.

VERY well done, Stash Tea!

Flavors: Cocoa, Raspberry, Rose

Stash Portland Blend has quickly moved into my top 10 every day teas. It has a wonderful aroma of chocolate, rose, and citrus, and is bold enough to wake me up on weekday mornings. Perfect tea for the cooler months and times of day.