Lemon Ginger

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

• “My husband had to pick our eldest up from school because she's not feeling well, and he brought this home to help soothe all the sore throats in this house. I do love tea bags when I'm not feeling...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 773 tasting notes
  • “brief hint of juicy lemon followed by a strong ginger bite. This is definitely ginger tea with a hint of lemon, NOT lemon tea with a hint of ginger. So be warned: Must Love Ginger. It is EXACTLY...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2533 tasting notes
  • “Had this as an after-dinner tea, since ginger is warming, and it's freaking snowing here(this never happens!). It's a nice lemony-ginger, with the spice of the ginger giving it a nice bite. I had...” Read full tasting note
    lovingmy4babies 71 tasting notes
  • “Today we celebrated Christmas with my family. My brother and his family in from Michigan and it's always a great time with great food, and enough calories that could keep the Hindenburg from taking...” Read full tasting note
    thedjbooth 357 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

This lively tea offers wide-awake flavor without caffeine. Smooth lemon flavor with a lingering bite of ginger

About Stash Tea Company View company

This is a tisane that I cannot drink plain. The lemon flavor is just too overpowering. The ingredients on the website lists “lemon flavoring” along with the lemongrass. I think they should have left out the “flavoring” and just have stuck with the natural flavor of the lemongrass. That said, mix a pinch with your morning breakfast tea, and you add a nice zest to your morning.

my second favorite tea. its great for when you are in the mood for something soothing and light with no caffeine

A good friend of mine makes fresh ginger tea using just peeled and grated root. Needless to say, this powdered ginger blend does not hold a candle to that. In fact, the Stash Lemon Ginger does not stack up that well even against other filter bag ginger infusions. The problem? It lacks piquancy.

To someone who loves the zesty, spicy, exciting bite of ginger (and who always opts for the extra-ginger (26g) variety of Reed’s Ginger Beer), this presentation seems rather effete. It’s rather like ginger tea muzak. The lemon, too, is not very citric or bright. The color of this brew is brownish yellow, which pretty much conveys the “hue” of the taste and the scent.

Some people dislike the bite of fresh ginger, and this blend may work for them, but it’s definitely not a favorite of mine, which is why I still have some bags lying around…

When this is fresh, it’s the most amazing ginger tisane with robust tangy lemon notes I’ve ever had. It’s bright, wonderful, surprisingly good, especially with a little honey. The only problem is that every time I’ve bought it in a grocery store, it’s been stale and sad and old and not nearly as good. So I usually just mail order this directly from Stash, and it’s always been amazing when it’s right from them.

This used to be one of my favorite teas :-|…I Loved it because of the strong ginger…I just bought some a few weeks ago and haven’t finished it because the ginger concentration was considerably lower…please fix it :( !!!!!!

I’m rating based on how much I loved this tea before

A perfectly balanced ginger tea! The lemon makes it. Very smooth flavor, goes down nice and easy. A good anytime tea, and I like it because it’s low-maintenance to make. I still prefer the Bigelow version of lemon-ginger tea with the probiotics, but this one is a good alternative.

I cannot help but be put in mind of the Phish toe-tapper “Stash” when I drink this tea. Who can say why these things happen.

I LOVE this tea. I brew it strong by microwave and it is so good with honey. No other ginger tea I ever tried had the really zippy ginger bite I love.