Holiday Chai

Black Chai Blend
Cloves, Nutmeg
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

• “Last year I bought some of this for myself and some for my daughter's fiancé. Back then he really didn't do loose leaf much. He loved it! So I sent another box. This year I wanted to send more...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1829 tasting notes
  • “This may be unfair to rate since someone from a perfume forum sent this to me a few years ago and I just found it in my mom's cupboard. It's old so of course you can't expect much. Sure enough...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 810 tasting notes
  • “I just needed to pretend it was autumn, I guess, so I grabbed this for my lunch dessert. Very cookie-y, especially with French vanilla creamer. Cardamom isn't my favorite chai spice, and there...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1720 tasting notes
  • “I purchased the loose version recently, so I'm upping the rating slightly. This version is much heartier and much more spicy. I taste lots of cinnamon and nutmeg with something sweet... maybe it's...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

Our Holiday Chai is a spicy, aromatic blend of black tea, pure spices and natural gingerbread and rum flavors, best enjoyed with a splash of milk and sugar for a rich and creamy treat.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Brewed by the cup, with plenty of milk and sugar.

Has an interesting gingerbread flavor – a nice change from regular chai.

Disappointed with this one.
Very weak even in a smaller teacup (admit I made the first one in a big cup —watery!!)
and with the bag left in. Got to add milk to make it anything drinkable but still a let down. Gave the rest away. :P

I tried the bagged version of this, and it is just as good as it sounds. I really like the blend of flavors here. The nutmeg and clove are most predominate, which is wonderful for me because I love those flavors, and like them to dominate my chai spice blends. I tried it without milk or sugar and it was quite good, but I bet it would be even better with some milk and sweetener.

Flavors: Cloves, Nutmeg

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I just found some of this bagged tea in my cupboard. Decided I would try some. It is yummy! Just the kind of chai I like. Not too hot, but sweet and spicy. I also added 1 tsp of sugar and some milk. It’s overall a nice tea.

To me, Stash hits all their chais out of the park. This was a treat to drink, had all the great features of the chai with the underlying sweetness that makes it a holiday tea.

Distinctly weaker than other Stash chais. Come on, the holidays is a time for MORE of an explosion of flavor, not less! That said, I’m not sure how to do a holiday chai since regular chai has so many typically “holiday” flavors (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.) I’ll stick with Stash’s Double Spice Chai.

Super good! I put in milk and sugar and it’s perfect for drinking in the cold weather! It tastes a bit like apple cider to me for some reason, like fruity almost.

Without the milk It came off a dense black tea will, heavy but no emotion. Will definately try with milk next time.

Not bad… Nice color, fast brew time with strong, individually wrapped bags. Its okay, when you’re really in the mood for that set of flavors, but I think the rum flavoring enhanced the bitter tea flavor, and it overpowered the chai spices. The addition an extra pinch of chai spice fixed the problem for me, but that might be a hassle in the future when trying to use tea bags for convenience purposes.

I always do my chai half soymilk with honey and a spoonful of sugar. This was nice. Didn’t have a real strong chai taste, but it was like a cookie. Very sweet in its own right. Understandable for holiday!