Holiday Chai

Black Chai Blend
Cinnamon, Cloves, Nutmeg, Rum
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

• “Last year I bought some of this for myself and some for my daughter’s fiancé. Back then he really didn’t do loose leaf much. He loved it! So I sent another box. This year I wanted...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 2063 tasting notes
  • “This may be unfair to rate since someone from a perfume forum sent this to me a few years ago and I just found it in my mom’s cupboard. It’s old so of course you can’t expect...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1202 tasting notes
  • “I just needed to pretend it was autumn, I guess, so I grabbed this for my lunch dessert. Very cookie-y, especially with French vanilla creamer. Cardamom isn’t my favorite chai spice, and...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1865 tasting notes
  • “I purchased the loose version recently, so I’m upping the rating slightly. This version is much heartier and much more spicy. I taste lots of cinnamon and nutmeg with something sweet…...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

Our Holiday Chai is a spicy, aromatic blend of black tea, pure spices and natural gingerbread and rum flavors, best enjoyed with a splash of milk and sugar for a rich and creamy treat.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Not bad… Nice color, fast brew time with strong, individually wrapped bags. Its okay, when you’re really in the mood for that set of flavors, but I think the rum flavoring enhanced the bitter tea flavor, and it overpowered the chai spices. The addition an extra pinch of chai spice fixed the problem for me, but that might be a hassle in the future when trying to use tea bags for convenience purposes.

I always do my chai half soymilk with honey and a spoonful of sugar. This was nice. Didn’t have a real strong chai taste, but it was like a cookie. Very sweet in its own right. Understandable for holiday!

My favorite chai in Stash’s chai sampler. Then again, I’m not a fan of chai in general, but I do like “holiday” flavors, so that’s probably why. Smells nutmeggy and wonderful, like a pumpkin pie. The spices aren’t too brash in the tea but like some of the other reviewers I can’t quite taste the black tea. I’m not complaining, though—I like the effect. Definitely gets me in the holiday spirit…in July. Whoops.

So good; tastes like rum and eggnog in chai tea! I miss it so much when its not the holidays!

First time I tried this tea was at Christmas, my parents know I love chai so they figured they’d get some for me. I was a little skeptical because usually I only get the spiced/double spice chai from stash, but I was very pleasantly surprised! With a bit of milk and sugar this is most definitely one of my favorite teas, it smells amazing and tastes just as good.

Smell: mainly cloves.
Taste: The flavour is light (3 min steep), but spicey (mainly cloves). Steeping longer would be too much for me. There is a slight bitterness in the aftertaste (that may be from too hot water).
Overall: not bad, for a black tea.

Virtually no flavor. Run far, far away from this tea.