Spice Dragon Red Chai Herbal Tea

Rooibos Tea
Cinnamon, Cloves
Edit tea info Last updated by Kaylee

From Stash Tea Company

Rooibos, an antioxidant-rich herb also known as red tea, combines with clove, ginger root and sweet cinnamon to create a unique, caffeine-free sweet and spicy chai.

Steeping Instructions: 3-5 minutes at 190-209 degrees Fahrenheit

About Stash Tea Company View company

This was an impulse buy I got at the grocery store yesterday, I really like rooibos chai blends and I thought I’d check this out.

Aside from the rooibos, it also has cinnamon, clove and ginger so to me it seemed more like a gingerbread type of tea than a strict chai. I used two teabags for a mug of tea and still thought it was a bit weak. It isn’t bad considering the price I paid for it, but next time I would use a smaller cup. I like this one better with soymilk in it. A decent tea for fall, very strong on the cinnamon and clove. Rooibos blends tend to be better when you steep them a while.

The spices are nicely blended, but it’s just missing something… it’s like the bottom just falls out towards the end of the sip. I fear the rooibos isn’t a strong enough base, leaving the chai feeling kind of thin. It gets better as it cools, though. The ginger comes out to play and there’s a touch of sweetness to compensate for the weak base.

Overall – meh. There must be a better non-black-tea chai out there. I wouldn’t refuse this if offered, but there are a lot of bagged teas I would choose first.

sipdown

Backlog:

Not bad, but not the best rooibos chai blend I’ve tried, either. It’s a bit heavy handed with the cinnamon, but I do also taste cloves and ginger. It needs cardamom. I think that the spices would taste more rounded with it.

It’s very one-note … which is not the best way to describe a chai. Know what I mean?

i don’t like this tea much. its either too weak or too strong

A straightforward, simplistic rooiboos chai, with plenty of cloves and cinnamon, it’s not that spicy, but it’s pretty much as advertised. It can be a soothing cup with honey and milk in the evening, but it feels a little flat to me without cardamon or black pepper.