Spice Dragon Red Chai Herbal Tea

Rooibos Tea
Cinnamon, Clove, Cloves
Edit tea info Last updated by Kaylee
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 251 ml

• “I would really like a good rooibos chai and this is mediocre at best. I don't really need to be buying more tea myself until I drink down a bunch of stuff I already have. Still mediocre tea is a...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2542 tasting notes
  • “The spices are nicely blended, but it’s just missing something… it’s like the bottom just falls out towards the end of the sip. I fear the rooibos isn’t a strong enough base, leaving the chai...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 397 tasting notes
  • “This was an ok tea. I really like cinnamon and clove, which were the predominant flavors here, but it felt like it was missing something. I would not be opposed to drinking it again, but I...” Read full tasting note
    rosebudmelissa 83 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: Not bad, but not the best rooibos chai blend I've tried, either. It's a bit heavy handed with the cinnamon, but I do also taste cloves and ginger. It needs cardamom. I think that the...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

Rooibos, an antioxidant-rich herb also known as red tea, combines with clove, ginger root and sweet cinnamon to create a unique, caffeine-free sweet and spicy chai.

Steeping Instructions: 3-5 minutes at 190-209 degrees Fahrenheit

About Stash Tea Company View company

I would really like a good rooibos chai and this is mediocre at best. I don’t really need to be buying more tea myself until I drink down a bunch of stuff I already have. Still mediocre tea is a bummer. This has a lot of cinnamon and clove but I wish it had other chai spices too, especially ginger and cardamom. I’ll probably still be looking at the box of this for the next 5 years at the rate I am drinking it. ;)

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove

The spices are nicely blended, but it’s just missing something… it’s like the bottom just falls out towards the end of the sip. I fear the rooibos isn’t a strong enough base, leaving the chai feeling kind of thin. It gets better as it cools, though. The ginger comes out to play and there’s a touch of sweetness to compensate for the weak base.

Overall – meh. There must be a better non-black-tea chai out there. I wouldn’t refuse this if offered, but there are a lot of bagged teas I would choose first.

sipdown

This was an ok tea. I really like cinnamon and clove, which were the predominant flavors here, but it felt like it was missing something. I would not be opposed to drinking it again, but I probably won’t buy it again.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
rosebudmelissa

Actually thinking about it, this tastes basically like mulling spices. I suppose you could use it to make spiced cider or wine without having to put together the spices yourself.

Backlog:

Not bad, but not the best rooibos chai blend I’ve tried, either. It’s a bit heavy handed with the cinnamon, but I do also taste cloves and ginger. It needs cardamom. I think that the spices would taste more rounded with it.

It’s very one-note … which is not the best way to describe a chai. Know what I mean?

i don’t like this tea much. its either too weak or too strong

A straightforward, simplistic rooiboos chai, with plenty of cloves and cinnamon, it’s not that spicy, but it’s pretty much as advertised. It can be a soothing cup with honey and milk in the evening, but it feels a little flat to me without cardamon or black pepper.