Spice Dragon Red Chai Herbal Tea

Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger, Cloves
Edit tea info Last updated by Kaylee
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 251 ml

From Stash Tea Company

Rooibos, an antioxidant-rich herb also known as red tea, combines with clove, ginger root and sweet cinnamon to create a unique, caffeine-free sweet and spicy chai.

Steeping Instructions: 3-5 minutes at 190-209 degrees Fahrenheit

About Stash Tea Company View company

I would really like a good rooibos chai and this is mediocre at best. I don’t really need to be buying more tea myself until I drink down a bunch of stuff I already have. Still mediocre tea is a bummer. This has a lot of cinnamon and clove but I wish it had other chai spices too, especially ginger and cardamom. I’ll probably still be looking at the box of this for the next 5 years at the rate I am drinking it. ;)

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove

The spices are nicely blended, but it’s just missing something… it’s like the bottom just falls out towards the end of the sip. I fear the rooibos isn’t a strong enough base, leaving the chai feeling kind of thin. It gets better as it cools, though. The ginger comes out to play and there’s a touch of sweetness to compensate for the weak base.

Overall – meh. There must be a better non-black-tea chai out there. I wouldn’t refuse this if offered, but there are a lot of bagged teas I would choose first.

sipdown

Had some of this tea this morning!
So this morning was my final for HRT 382. This class and 383 go hand in hand bc we work at the restaurant on campus. 382 is the whole management planning bit, and 383 we put those plans into action into the restaurant. My professor said that we worked so closely with our teams this quarter, we need a day to chill and get to know our other classmates because we need to become a team and all that good stuff. So today, instead of a final like it said on our syllabus, we had a potluck and got to know everyone!

We just took some extra equipment we had in the restaurant and used that for coffee and hot water and teabags. They had this and chamomile and I really wasn’t feeling chamomile this morning.

I had this tea with a bit of honey and milk! Just like how I’d like my tea at home because I go to the College of Hospitality Management and we had legit tablecloths and nice plasticware and dude the spread for this potluck was over the top.

But yeah, this tea was good! It definitely wasn’t as strong as some other chai’s I’ve had, but it’s decent for a bagged tea. Good cinnamon flavour, and the honey definitely helped to tone it down a bit

Too much cinnamon! It’s listed before the rooibos, which should have been a hint.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Ginger

This was an ok tea. I really like cinnamon and clove, which were the predominant flavors here, but it felt like it was missing something. I would not be opposed to drinking it again, but I probably won’t buy it again.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
rosebudmelissa

Actually thinking about it, this tastes basically like mulling spices. I suppose you could use it to make spiced cider or wine without having to put together the spices yourself.

Backlog:

Not bad, but not the best rooibos chai blend I’ve tried, either. It’s a bit heavy handed with the cinnamon, but I do also taste cloves and ginger. It needs cardamom. I think that the spices would taste more rounded with it.

It’s very one-note … which is not the best way to describe a chai. Know what I mean?

i don’t like this tea much. its either too weak or too strong

A straightforward, simplistic rooiboos chai, with plenty of cloves and cinnamon, it’s not that spicy, but it’s pretty much as advertised. It can be a soothing cup with honey and milk in the evening, but it feels a little flat to me without cardamon or black pepper.