Black Forest

Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

5 Images

• “Sipdown #25 The dry leaf aroma of this teabag is cherry liquor. Yes, I’m talking a strong alcohol odor here. Alcohol is not a thing I enjoy, so an alcoholic flavoring in my tea is probably not...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 499 tasting notes
  • “uhg, eeeewwwwwww. this is so gross. i don't even know what it tastes like but it's certainly not black forest. it has a very dry aftertaste so i added milk and sugar, which just turned it into...” Read full tasting note
    fesfo_8 4 tasting notes
  • “It doesn't taste much like Black Forest cake, but I like it. The flavor is mild, and every now and then I get a hint of cherry or chocolate. I find it very relaxing, and just got a second...” Read full tasting note
    TeaTiger1 5 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

Have your cake and drink it too! Rich chocolate and cherry flavors, hibiscus, and black tea combine to create a dessert tea with all the decadence of Black Forest Cake, without the guilt. Great on its own and even more delicious with a splash of milk and a touch of sugar.

Ingredients: black tea, cocoa shells, hibiscus, chocolate flavor, vanilla extract, cherry flavor.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Sipdown #25

The dry leaf aroma of this teabag is cherry liquor. Yes, I’m talking a strong alcohol odor here. Alcohol is not a thing I enjoy, so an alcoholic flavoring in my tea is probably not going to go over well. The brewed tea aroma is more chocolate and maraschino cherries than liquor, so that’s good.

The flavor is a lot like the aroma. I’m getting chocolate and cherries and something slightly alcoholic tasting. The cherry in this is not natural cherry. It’s like drinking grenadine or the liquid that comes in those jars of sweetened, overly processed maraschino cherries. The chocolate flavoring also isn’t very good. Again, I get the impression of something overly processed.

Overall, this tastes artificial and flaky. It’s not an enjoyable cuppa for me. And I can’t really say that I would recommend it to others either. Life is too short to drink bad tea!

Indigobloom

hear hear! bad tea = so not worth it

uhg, eeeewwwwwww. this is so gross. i don’t even know what it tastes like but it’s certainly not black forest.

it has a very dry aftertaste so i added milk and sugar, which just turned it into swamp water.

too bad cause it sounded delicious!

It doesn’t taste much like Black Forest cake, but I like it. The flavor is mild, and every now and then I get a hint of cherry or chocolate. I find it very relaxing, and just got a second box.

That said, don’t get it if you want strong flavors or a true Black Forest flavor.