Premium Green Tea by Stash

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by seule771

• “A review of Premium Green Tea by Stash Tea Company Company: Stash Tea Company Tea Name: Premium Green Tea Tea Type/Varietal: green Steeping Vessel/Amt Leaf: cup/ tea bag Liquor Color: light...” Read full tasting note
    seule771 600 tasting notes
  • “I found a couple of errant bags of Stash Premium Green, permitting the propitious possibility of a steep-off with Harney & Sons Japanese Sencha (see below for the openers to this steep-off). Now...” Read full tasting note
    Shera Pop 496 tasting notes
  • “I really enjoy this smooth grassy bagged green. I tend to steep at a hotter temperature than normal but around the prescribed time. After the tea has steeped I spin the string around the bag and...” Read full tasting note
    wizardofcheese 2 tasting notes
  • “The Green Tea is a very grassy, and has more depth than generic brands. The colour is a true mossy green. I like this for when I'm not in the mood for anything pungent or flavoured.” Read full tasting note
    vancitynoms 6 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

The Stash Tea Company
Portland, Oregon
www.stashtea.com

Explore our world of tea: Since 1972, Stash has been dedicated to providing premium quality teas. Stash begins with tea leaves from the world’s premier tea gardens and the finest herbs and spices gathered from around the globe. Our master blenders combine these botanical ingredients to create a unique and delicious tea that are 100% natural and free of artificial flavors and colors. Whether you enjoy caffeine free herbals teas, green teas, black, white, oolong, or decaf teas, with Stash you get a wide range of exceptional teas that have been expertly blended for full flavor in every cup.

Premium Green Tea by Stash

Our Premium Green Tea is a blend of top quality green teas with classic flavor and bouquet. This tea has a beautiful golden color in the cup, and a delicate, slightly sweet flavor. Our Premium Green Tea should be sipped plain.

100% Natural Ingredients of selected blended green teas.

Brewing: To savor the full flavor of our teas, bring water to just bellow boil. Pour hot water directly over the tea bag in a pre-heated pot or cup. Brew 1-3 minutes or to desired taste. One tea bag makes 8 ounces of hot tea. For iced tea, brew double strength.

About Stash Tea Company View company

1. Steeping:

1st Steeping:
Water Temp: 170 Fahrenheit
Time: 2-3 minutes

Green tea seems to consume my day of late. When I am not having a cup of powdered juice than I am having a cup of Stash’s Premium Green Tea. I used freshly boiled water, after placing of one tea bag in my cup, and having added the boiled water into the cup, I leave it to steep for few minutes. The tea’s aroma is like that of seaweeds and astringency. As I sip of the tea it is warm on my palette and as I swallow there is that slightly bitter after taste. It is not unpleasant at all. I rather expect for it to taste exactly as it does.
-————————————

Overall tasting notes: freshly of the sea, salt, marine algae are what come to mind.

Cup’s characteristic: cup of medicinal tea and very astringent

Liquor color: light golden brown

Taste: This tea has a great ‘umami’ taste that is reveal with each sip or throughout its entirety; the flavor comes through and through, it does not dissipate.

Now for the true test: the scent and the taste!

I find that the brewed Stash Premium Green has a stronger, richer aroma, with a slightly cerealesque facet to it, while the Harney & Sons smells lighter and more vegetal.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the taste, too, differs in that same regard. In fact, now that I sniff and sip these two green teas side by side, I am realizing that the Stash Premium Green lies just over the sencha line, veering toward the genmaicha side. I have always loved this tea, and I do affirm today that I could easily imbibe another 1000 bags!

Perhaps, though, I am comparing apples and oranges. It now seems pretty clear that Stash Premium Green is not a blend only of senchas, which the Harney & Sons Japanese Sencha certainly is.

I like them both. I really do, but the golden Stash brew strikes me as more substantial, with a more pronounced flavor and a richer texture than the brighter green Harney & Sons brew. This despite the fact that the spent Stash bag weighs about half as much as the spent Harney & Sons bag!

I guess that all of this goes to show:

on ne sait jamais!

I really enjoy this smooth grassy bagged green. I tend to steep at a hotter temperature than normal but around the prescribed time. After the tea has steeped I spin the string around the bag and squeeze it until all the green liquor is pressed from the leaves (could probably steep twice but I like the flavor).

The Green Tea is a very grassy, and has more depth than generic brands. The colour is a true mossy green. I like this for when I’m not in the mood for anything pungent or flavoured.