Premium Green Tea by Stash

From Stash Tea Company

The Stash Tea Company
Portland, Oregon
www.stashtea.com

Explore our world of tea: Since 1972, Stash has been dedicated to providing premium quality teas. Stash begins with tea leaves from the world’s premier tea gardens and the finest herbs and spices gathered from around the globe. Our master blenders combine these botanical ingredients to create a unique and delicious tea that are 100% natural and free of artificial flavors and colors. Whether you enjoy caffeine free herbals teas, green teas, black, white, oolong, or decaf teas, with Stash you get a wide range of exceptional teas that have been expertly blended for full flavor in every cup.

Premium Green Tea by Stash

Our Premium Green Tea is a blend of top quality green teas with classic flavor and bouquet. This tea has a beautiful golden color in the cup, and a delicate, slightly sweet flavor. Our Premium Green Tea should be sipped plain.

100% Natural Ingredients of selected blended green teas.

Brewing: To savor the full flavor of our teas, bring water to just bellow boil. Pour hot water directly over the tea bag in a pre-heated pot or cup. Brew 1-3 minutes or to desired taste. One tea bag makes 8 ounces of hot tea. For iced tea, brew double strength.

About Stash Tea Company View company

1. Steeping:

1st Steeping:
Water Temp: 170 Fahrenheit
Time: 2-3 minutes

Green tea seems to consume my day of late. When I am not having a cup of powdered juice than I am having a cup of Stash’s Premium Green Tea. I used freshly boiled water, after placing of one tea bag in my cup, and having added the boiled water into the cup, I leave it to steep for few minutes. The tea’s aroma is like that of seaweeds and astringency. As I sip of the tea it is warm on my palette and as I swallow there is that slightly bitter after taste. It is not unpleasant at all. I rather expect for it to taste exactly as it does.
-————————————

Overall tasting notes: freshly of the sea, salt, marine algae are what come to mind.

Cup’s characteristic: cup of medicinal tea and very astringent

Liquor color: light golden brown

Taste: This tea has a great ‘umami’ taste that is reveal with each sip or throughout its entirety; the flavor comes through and through, it does not dissipate.

I found a couple of errant bags of Stash Premium Green, permitting the propitious possibility of a steep-off with Harney & Sons Japanese Sencha (see below for the openers to this steep-off).

Now for the true test: the scent and the taste!

I find that the brewed Stash Premium Green has a stronger, richer aroma, with a slightly cerealesque facet to it, while the Harney & Sons smells lighter and more vegetal.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, the taste, too, differs in that same regard. In fact, now that I sniff and sip these two green teas side by side, I am realizing that the Stash Premium Green lies just over the sencha line, veering toward the genmaicha side. I have always loved this tea, and I do affirm today that I could easily imbibe another 1000 bags!

Perhaps, though, I am comparing apples and oranges. It now seems pretty clear that Stash Premium Green is not a blend only of senchas, which the Harney & Sons Japanese Sencha certainly is.

I like them both. I really do, but the golden Stash brew strikes me as more substantial, with a more pronounced flavor and a richer texture than the brighter green Harney & Sons brew. This despite the fact that the spent Stash bag weighs about half as much as the spent Harney & Sons bag!

I guess that all of this goes to show:

on ne sait jamais!

The initial taste reminds me of seaweed. There is a light grassy, almost sweet quality to the aftertaste as well. The tea itself is a pleasant yellow-green color, and the smell of the brew makes me think of grass, specifically exotic grass from some far-away country. There isn’t much bitterness to this tea currently. As the cup moves on an odd, bittersweet flavor is coming to the forefront of the taste. It isn’t bad, just a bit unexpected. As I near the end of the cup the taste appears to be coming a bit closer to home. The exotic quality that was present before has been overtaken by a taste that reminds me, for lack of a better term, of a fresh-cut lawn. I’m noticing a bit of black powder at the bottom of the cup, I’m guessing from the bag. The scent has gotten noticeably fainter. The last drink also had a fainter taste than the tea did initially, and no scent has been left in my cup after the tea has been drank.

Flavors: Bitter, Grass, Seaweed, Sweet

175 °F / 79 °C 3 min, 0 sec 6 OZ / 177 ML

I tried this one at work today and I really wasn’t a fan. The smell and taste reminded me of seaweed (not that I’ve ever eaten seaweed, but there was a salty tang to it that made me think of the ocean.) There was also a good bit of astringency that left my mouth feeling puckery after I finished the cup. Overall, this was drinkable, but not something I’d reach for again.

Flavors: Astringent, Salty, Seaweed

This is a good inexpensive bagged green tea. I drink quite a few bagged black teas, but I go with loose leaf teas for green most of the time. If I do go with a bagged green tea, it’s usually this one or the Choice Premium Japanese Green Tea. It’s somewhat vegetal and pleasantly bitter, and a decent strength and flavor. It’s grassy, tastes like a Japanese tea to me, which of course I love.

This is likely the best grocery store teabag green tea that I’ve had. A good tea for travel and introducing others to green tea.

I really enjoy this smooth grassy bagged green. I tend to steep at a hotter temperature than normal but around the prescribed time. After the tea has steeped I spin the string around the bag and squeeze it until all the green liquor is pressed from the leaves (could probably steep twice but I like the flavor).

The Green Tea is a very grassy, and has more depth than generic brands. The colour is a true mossy green. I like this for when I’m not in the mood for anything pungent or flavoured.