Maple Apple Cider

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cedar, Cinnamon, Maple, Maple Syrup, Nutmeg, Sap, Wood, Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma
Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “Sipdown #24 The dry leaf aroma is interesting because I feel like I can smell every ingredient in the list: sickly sweet rooibos, maple, caramel, apple, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I didn’t realize this...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 595 tasting notes
  • “I received a sample of this from MirandaGou in our swap. Thank you! I had this today at work. I somehow missed the maple apple part. When I was sipping it I kept thinking man...” Read full tasting note
    Teatiff 483 tasting notes
  • “Very bad flavour, the maple seemed artificial and none of the flavours seemed to blend together. Being a Canadian, I was expecting this to be a lot more tasty than what it was. I expect more out of...” Read full tasting note
    joshvm 25 tasting notes
  • “One of a few teas in my Mom’s tea cupboard that actually relatively interested me, so I stole a couple of the teabags from the cupboard and made one to drink with lunch. This had a fancier...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2910 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

This herbal tea combines the sweetness of maple with the tartness of apple for a lively, delicious cup. Fruity hibiscus and rooibos have been blended with sweet cinnamon, maple, apple and caramel flavors and a hint of nutmeg for this tasty tea cider. A touch of sugar brings out the flavor.

Ingredients: rooibos, hibiscus, cinnamon, maple flavor, nutmeg, apple flavor, caramel flavor.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Sipdown #24

The dry leaf aroma is interesting because I feel like I can smell every ingredient in the list: sickly sweet rooibos, maple, caramel, apple, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I didn’t realize this tea was a rooibos blend when I picked up a sample teabag. I’m not really a fan of its medicinal taste. But I’m willing to give it another chance!

The flavor is VERY strongly rooibos. The apple and maple notes are about equal. The cinnamon and nutmeg are surprisingly absent. If apple cider and rooibos tea had a kid, this cup is what that kid would taste like. Okay, that came off a little more cannibalistic than I had intended. :P

If you love rooibos, this is probably a stellar tea for you! But I’m sadly still not a fan of this red bush tea. So feel free to ignore my low rating and grab a sample of this to see for yourself!

I received a sample of this from MirandaGou in our swap. Thank you!

I had this today at work. I somehow missed the maple apple part. When I was sipping it I kept thinking man this taste a little nutty. Although nutty doesn’t really hint at the maple. This was nice. Very juicy Not something I need to drink again, but I was glad I got to try it. Thank you!

Very bad flavour, the maple seemed artificial and none of the flavours seemed to blend together. Being a Canadian, I was expecting this to be a lot more tasty than what it was. I expect more out of you Stash Tea Company ;)

This had a fancier box than other Stash teas I’ve seen, and it’s not one we carry at my store (and we carry a lot of Stash teas) so I’m wondering if, based on the flavour, this was a seasonal/Christmas blend? There’s really no smell to the dry teabag; if I concentrate maybe a little apple. It’s very weak though; I hope the tea itself has more flavour.

Sipping on it now; and there definitely is more flavour than what the dry leaf led me to believe. It really does taste like apple cider; good apple cider too! Just the right balance of sweet, tart, and spice. And speaking of that spice, there’s obviously cinnamon but the nutmeg in here is a really nice touch too. That’s the first wave of flavour but then it eases a little into the maple; it’s a little raw and unrefined tasting with a sappy quality. A like it! It makes the cup sweet and layered, and I like that this one doesn’t feel completely put together, with the ’T’s crossed and ’I’s dotted. Sometimes a little reliable inconsistency makes a tea good. If that makes any sense at all.

There are also a few other interesting notes here; I’m picking woody-cedar like notes too! Maybe it’s a trick of the mind because of the raw, sappy maple or maybe part of it is from the rooibos – but it’s very enjoyable regardless. Actually, now that I think of it the more I’m sure it’s from the rooibos. I love how natural and earthy this tea tastes though; for once the wood like quality is contributing something that enhances the tea flavourings!

There’s surprisingly a lot going on with this tea bag. Colour me quite impressed!

Flavors: Apple, Cedar, Cinnamon, Maple, Maple Syrup, Nutmeg, Sap, Wood

rosebudmelissa

Interesting. I didn’t like this one at all. I much preferred their cinnamon apple chamomile. I think it was mostly the Rooibos in this blend that I didn’t like.

I wasn’t a big fan of this. It smelled strongly of artificial caramel with a bit of apple and cinnamon, but it tasted really bland. Something about the dissonance between the smell and taste was really off-putting to me.

Flavors: Apple, Caramel, Cinnamon, Wood

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is one of those teas that just smells like OH MY GOODNESS. If this tea was available as a scent I would probably buy it and let it aerate throughout my room when I was in an apple-y, harvest-y mood.
Unfortunately, while the scent promises an apple caramel maple delight, the taste doesn’t quite deliver. The maple comes through a lot more than the apple, but it is mainly scent over flavour. (I actually said, when I smelled it, that I hoped this wouldn’t be the taste, but oh well.)
Still, it doesn’t taste bad, just not anywhere near as delicious to the scent. I bet that, if paired with a slice of pie or something harvest-y, it would be a really nice complement. On its own, however, it could do to be stronger.

smells good but pretty mild flavors. i wouldn’t think to combine maple and apple, but it sorta works i guess. decent with some sugar but nothing special.