Chai Spice Black Tea

Black Chai Blend
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

Some of the finest black teas in the world come from India, the world’s leading producer of tea. Included in these teas are the robust “malty” Assams, fine distinctive Darjeelings and well – balanced Nilgiris. However, most tea consumed in India is not enjoyed for its fine, subtle flavor nuances, but instead is blended with sweet and pungent spices to make the popular beverage, “Chai”.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Was given some of this in a new tea chest I bought. I really enjoyed it. Steeped one bag in a large mug about 3/4 full for about 5 min. Added a generous ~1 tbsp squeeze of honey and some unsweetened almond milk. It is mild for a chai but overall one of the best bagged chai’s I have tired. Will have to go buy some as I only have 1 sample left.

Pretty tasty…get me moving in the morning.

I’m still a tea noob, but of all the chai I’ve had this tastes the least like chai. I’ve had Twinings, Panera’s version and a few other iced versions of the tea just so there is a baseline I have for tasting chai. This tastes a bit like a mint toothpick. Not bad per se, but not something I’d expect.

This is my new chai! I know it is not the best quality, and it is a grocery store tea, and it does come out a little bland if I don’t do it right. But it tastes good, bottom line. I add plenty of milk and a bit of honey.

Wow not bad at all. perfect amount of clover and cinnamon. pretty awesome tea scoop of sugar and a splash of milk very enjoyable chai

I noticed more cinnamon than anything, I like cinnamon but I was expecting the other usual chai spices. That said it was enjoyable, just not what I was expecting.

Well, it smells a lot better than it tastes. if I drink it slowly it’s quite bitter. A full mouthful has more spice flavor, but still not exactly delicious. Maybe it’s better with milk? Drinkable, but not something I’d buy again.

Have had an iced chai craving lately. This isn’t iced, but it is chai. Hopefully I don’t regret this as I’m increasingly sensitive to caffeine… but chai is so tasty.

New to tea, this is a favorite though. One of the best supermarket teas, easily available for around $4/box of bags. Would like to try the loose leaf, presumably more flavor. Prefer this to Tazo chai.
With milk and a little honey, makes a nice pseudo-latte. I usually have some of this around.

Decent bagged chai tea, not overly spiced but not underwhelming. Another one that I snagged from work; I think I’d enjoy it more with milk!

Boiling 8 min or more