Chai Spice Black Tea

Black Chai Blend
Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

Some of the finest black teas in the world come from India, the world’s leading producer of tea. Included in these teas are the robust “malty” Assams, fine distinctive Darjeelings and well – balanced Nilgiris. However, most tea consumed in India is not enjoyed for its fine, subtle flavor nuances, but instead is blended with sweet and pungent spices to make the popular beverage, “Chai”.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Was given some of this in a new tea chest I bought. I really enjoyed it. Steeped one bag in a large mug about 3/4 full for about 5 min. Added a generous ~1 tbsp squeeze of honey and some unsweetened almond milk. It is mild for a chai but overall one of the best bagged chai’s I have tired. Will have to go buy some as I only have 1 sample left.

Pretty tasty…get me moving in the morning.

I’m still a tea noob, but of all the chai I’ve had this tastes the least like chai. I’ve had Twinings, Panera’s version and a few other iced versions of the tea just so there is a baseline I have for tasting chai. This tastes a bit like a mint toothpick. Not bad per se, but not something I’d expect.

This is my new chai! I know it is not the best quality, and it is a grocery store tea, and it does come out a little bland if I don’t do it right. But it tastes good, bottom line. I add plenty of milk and a bit of honey.

Wow not bad at all. perfect amount of clover and cinnamon. pretty awesome tea scoop of sugar and a splash of milk very enjoyable chai

I noticed more cinnamon than anything, I like cinnamon but I was expecting the other usual chai spices. That said it was enjoyable, just not what I was expecting.

I tried a few sips of this clear, and it seemed quite spiced — I think I might have to have a proper steep of it this way sometime and see what I think. However, my main objective was chai with milk and sugar today, and so that’s what I’ve made.
The spice is pleasant and comforting, though I wish there was a stronger flavour overall. I’m not sure what exactly, but it feels like it could do with one thing more to just make the flavour pop and really be delectable. But as is, it’s good, spiced, relaxing.

Holy crap. So, I’ve always felt like the tea bag version of this was decent, so I impulse-bought a bag of the loose-leaf kind a while ago, and didn’t actually open it until now. Smelling the open bag is kind of like being punched in the face with spice, and not in a good way. There’s definitely clove oil, but my little bottle of clove essential oil smells mild by comparison, so I’m guessing the rest of the face-punching is cardamom oil and “natural flavour of cinnamon”. I brewed 1tsp in 8oz of water for 4min and immediately added some sugar and milk, but it was still overpoweringly spicy and I could barely taste the black tea. I initially tried a 3min 2nd steep, but that just created slightly spicy hot water. Now the leaves are back in the hot water and they’re over in the corner of my kitchen having a time out and thinking about what they’ve done. I can’t win with this tea. I’m considering blending a little with a sturdy black tea to see if that balances it out, maybe simmer the whole thing in milk on the stove and add plenty of sugar. If all else fails, I think I could put a little in my essential oil diffuser and use it as a home fragrance. WTF Stash, I think of you as one of the better grocery store brands, how is this so bad?

Well, it smells a lot better than it tastes. if I drink it slowly it’s quite bitter. A full mouthful has more spice flavor, but still not exactly delicious. Maybe it’s better with milk? Drinkable, but not something I’d buy again.

Have had an iced chai craving lately. This isn’t iced, but it is chai. Hopefully I don’t regret this as I’m increasingly sensitive to caffeine… but chai is so tasty.