Chocolate Hazelnut Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Starfevre

• “Had to add this, which was surprising. My tea of this is probably more than a year old because I hadn't progressed out of stash as my go-to tea source online and that was a while ago. The decaf...” Read full tasting note
    Starfevre 513 tasting notes
  • “This tea has natural flavors added to their black tea, no bits of cocoa bean or hazelnuts. The flavor of this tea is mild with a gentle aftertaste of chocolate. There is no tartness or random...” Read full tasting note
    Rayne 1 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

For our sophisticated Chocolate Hazelnut tea, we combine full-bodied black teas from China and India with the natural rich flavors of chocolate and hazelnuts. Hazelnuts are a classic partner to chocolate and the result is a dessert-like drink that is both rich and smooth. This tea is especially good with a touch of milk and sugar.

Cups to Grams: 8 grams makes 3-4 cups 25 grams makes 10-15 cups 50 grams makes 20-25 cups 100 grams makes 45-50 cups 1 pound loose makes 180-200 cups Ingredients: blended black teas, natural hazelnut flavor, natural chocolate flavor, natural nut creme flavor Steeping Instructions: 3-5 minutes at 190-209 degrees Fahrenheit Caffeinated: Yes

About Stash Tea Company View company

Had to add this, which was surprising. My tea of this is probably more than a year old because I hadn’t progressed out of stash as my go-to tea source online and that was a while ago. The decaf version of this was on Steepster already but not the caffeinated kind. Also there are 3 companies that are Stash and I don’t know how to contact Jason to merge them.

This is not awful. Fairly tasteless unless sugar is added, but that’s to be expected for a tea that’s this damn old. Especially a looseleaf kept in a Stash tea container (the only indication of where I got it from). It’s obviously flavoured by hazelnut oil more than anything else from the sheen and also from the taste. I’m not a fan of nut oils but this is tolerable. I made this cup to evaluate whether or not I should throw this out and repurpose the tin but it looks like I might keep it. It’s not awful.

And I am disappointed that I haven’t heard back from anyone about the Vancouver teacupping class from anyone in that area or the Seattle area which is where I am driving from. Looks like I’ll have to go by myself.

Lala

You can contact Jason at jason at steepster.com

The flavor of this tea is mild with a gentle aftertaste of chocolate. There is no tartness or random flavors to take away from the purity of flavor. This tea is improved with a touch of sugar or agave but don’t go too sweet, don’t try to use this as a substitute for Ferrero Rocher. The black tea is not bitter or overpowering.

Stash Chocolate Hazelnut tea would make a nice accompaniment to dessert or for a mid-day tea and cookie break.

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML