Chamomile Nights

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina

From Stash Tea Company

Soothing and relaxing as its name implies, this flowery, delicate chamomile blend has a minty-lemony taste. Enjoy a cup before bedtime as a relaxing caffeine-free nightcap.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Quite a bit more than just chamomile going on here. Not at all unpleasant.

I decided to try this because I had never had chamomile before, and it was on sale. It’s sort of built into my nighttime ritual now- I have a cup when I start thinking about bed, as a way to start winding down. Since I don’t have another chamomile tea to compare it to, I’ll just say that I like it. It’s a bit sweeter than I’d like, but it’s very smooth and mellow.

This is an old standby from before I got into loose leaf. Despite its lack of flavor, I find it’s actually somewhat relaxing. The lotus, passion flower, and spearmint are stronger than the chamomile, though the chamomile is in there somewhere. It doesn’t taste terrible, but that’s because the flavor is so weak overall. Ultimately, it’s still in my cupboard because it’s got a decent chillout effect and since it works, it doesn’t have to taste amazing. Until I find something at least as effective and tasty, this will have to do.

This is a little to minty for me at bed time, but I’ve started drinking it after supper when a cup tea keeps me from eating something sugary.

250 Ninja

Good idea. I usually want to eat something before bed…I’ll try to reach for just this instead.

Bought this on sale to hold me over until I get some Tazo Calm and boy, do I ever regret it. Disgusting. No flavor and what little it has tastes fake. This won’t be in my cupboard for much longer.

Just not my cuppa. I don’t particularly like the taste, and it doesn’t seem to put me to sleep or relax me very much.

An excellent relaxing bedtime tea. I find the spearmint gives the chamomile a little more interest, but not so much that you don’t want to go to bed.

This is is possibly my fave bedtime tea, so far! It’s chamomile, spearmint, lotus leaves, and lotus flavor (whatever that means). Not as sweetie-sweet as Sleepytime Tea (which I also like)… more grown up and simple. It’s floral and bright, but… a soft summertime meadow kind of bright. With a cool breeze carrying will-o-wisps.

Huh, the lotus in the Chamomile Nights leaves a weird aftertaste in my mouth. This herbal infusion isn’t very tasty to me; it’s rather bland. I pretty much get chamomile with that odd aftertaste. The lotus seems to tone down the chamomile, until it’s almost tasteless. Maybe I just need to brew this tisane hotter and/or longer, but either way, I’m not enjoying this cup.