Chanakara Collection: Chakra #2 Dragonfruit

Fruit Herbal Blend
Fruity, Ginger, Hibiscus, Peppermint, Tart
Edit tea info Last updated by Alaina
Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “Sharp, minty and a bit fruity. Quite a different fusion. I feel creative after drinking it just because of the creativity that went into it. Needs a really long steep to get all the flavour.” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 510 tasting notes
  • “Continuing my re-tasting of these chanakara teas that I bought a year or more ago. Luckily there were a couple of boxes that were still wrapped in cellophane, and the flavor seems to be very...” Read full tasting note
    CameronB 366 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

Chakra #2: An Herbal Tea for Passion and Creativity. Juicy dragonfruit sparkles on the tongue, combined with a cool aftertaste of ginger and mint. Created with the mysterious damiana herb, which enhances male and female sexuality. Ingredients included in the blend are orange peel, hibiscus, ginger root, safflower, peppermint, natural dragonfruit flavor, damiana leaf, and licorice powder. Naturally caffeine free.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Boiling 8 min or more

Continuing my re-tasting of these chanakara teas that I bought a year or more ago. Luckily there were a couple of boxes that were still wrapped in cellophane, and the flavor seems to be very present so far. When I wanted a caffeine-free tea to sip on, I went for this one. I’m not terribly familiar with dragonfruit itself. I’ve seen them for sale before, but I’ve never actually tasted one. The dry tea bag smells very gingery… uh oh. I steeped for 5 minutes in boiling water.

The brewed aroma is fruity and quite tart from the hibiscus. I can definitely pick up on a kick of ginger. Because of the smell, I added a teaspoon of sugar before I even tasted this tea. I am actually pleasantly surprised by it considering the number of ingredients in it that I don’t generally enjoy (ginger, hibiscus, licorice). Most of the flavor is a lovely fruitiness that is accented but not overpowered by the hibiscus. The fruit definitely reminds me of other “exotic” fruits, such as mango and papaya. I taste the ginger and peppermint only at the end of the sip, and even then they’re quite mild and play nicely off of the fruit.

Overall, I’m quite impressed with the fruit flavor in here, and the restraint on the hibiscus! This would make a super delicious iced tea, too. I might have to order more of this one, and perhaps the loose leaf version this time around!

Flavors: Fruity, Ginger, Hibiscus, Peppermint, Tart

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
christeana1

This may be silly…but the name makes me think of naruto