White Christmas

Herbal White Blend
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda Earl

• “(bagged version) I ate too much today, especially corn (polenta for lunch, tamales and corn on the cob for dinner - what was I thinking?) and now I feel stuffed! Needed something to soothe my...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2412 tasting notes
  • “Last year this was one of my favorite teas. Now I'm looking in my cup wondering if there's any actual tea in there. There is a strong mint flavor and then... nothing. I know that a good white tea...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 648 tasting notes
  • “This is the bagged variety. And it's decent. I enjoy the medley of ginger and peppermint; and the bagged variety is perfect when I'm not feeling well and not feeling like messing with an...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “Bag of undetermined age (gee, I think that may describe me, too ;) ... peppermint---got it; white tea---maybe; ginger---not catching it. Not a bad minty afternoon pick-me-up, though. ” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1691 tasting notes

From Stash Tea Company

Unique blend of white tea, cool peppermint, and a hint of ginger. Adding a touch of sugar brings out the distinct flavors.

About Stash Tea Company View company

Bagged,
Aroma when Dry: Sweet, spicy, frosty, delicate
After water is first poured: crisp, can detect both the mint and ginger notes.
At end of steep:
Tea liquor:
first color: grassy brown
At end of steep: notes blend, deepen and warm.
Color: deep tea brown
Staple? YES, hope to stock up for full year this time. -looking into ordering the loose leaf. Would be a go-to tea if it were not seasonal.
Time of day preferred: Any, though lovely in afternoon.
Taste:
first notes: sharp, crisp, bright. The mint mellows the ginger through
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No
Lingers? Yes, with a clean, crisp light texture, with same notes, though mint is a touch more prominent. It is here that the floral nature of the white tea is most noticeable.
As it cools? Fresh, fragrant. Mint takes lead note, with floral and ginger following.
Want to try chilled sometime.

Librarian-esque

It’s really great chilled! :)

This is the best tea that ever existed.

ashmanra

It IS very good and I found it to be a very comforting tea. It makes a little happy place inside.

The Mint smells great but the ginger not so much. The taste is about the same…almost like the two are fighting each other. I don’t think I like that. It might be better cold. This isn’t a sipping tea hot…maybe after it cools to ‘luke-warm’ I will chug…to try and get thru it.

I passed this tea out to my co-workers and it was a hit during the holiday season. A nice tea for the season.

My go-to tea for when I have a cold during the winter holiday season (which I inevitably always do, grr!). Bagged is actually preferred in such situations, when I can barely crawl out of bed to boil water let alone deal with loose tea.

I have drunk this only from the bags. I think this tea is a delightful but delicate blend for the holidays. Although it’s not too different from many other varieties of Christmas tea, the subtle ginger note adds a great deal. This tea is a great one to let steep for a long while as you drink it; the subtle notes only become more pronounced. Stash is correct when they add that a bit of sweetener goes a long way, also.

Tried this Wednesday as per a recommendation of my supervisor… do not want. I just can’t stand herbal teas. I think this theoretically would be great for my stomach problems since it has both ginger and peppermint, but if it tastes bad, no can do.

Mmmm. This is a great tea to drink when you have an upset stomach. One cup of this and all your tummy woes just disappear.

I primarily drink this when I’m not feeling well, but it certainly doesn’t hurt its case that it also tastes pretty good. It’s very strong peppermint with a hint of ginger spice at the end. The delicate white tea is probably there, but my palate isn’t quite sensitive enough to pick it out. I imagine it soothes the overall blend a bit, though.

One thing I do have to warn about is that this is a strong tea. You WILL be hit with a sack full of peppermint bricks and then drizzled with burning ginger. It is not for the weak of heart! But if your mouth can handle it and your stomach has a need for it, this is a good tea.

I really like this one, but it can not be steeped for a long time. It’s perfect in the first few minutes, but if you leave the bag in the ginger will become too aggressive.

Boiling

i have a cold so my taste buds are off, but i can taste the peppermint. i added honey.