Decaf Chocolate Hazelnut

Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by Catherine

2 Images

From Stash Tea Company

Our Chocolate Hazelnut is a deliciously smooth and rich dessert tea. Chocolate, hazelnuts, vanilla, and premium black tea combine to create a fascinating blend of flavors. Sugar and a splash of milk bring out the taste of the chocolate and hazelnuts. The black teas are naturally decaffeinated, so you can savor this tea any time of day.

Ingredients: Decaf black tea, natural flavor of chocolate, natural flavor of vanilla nut, natural flavor of hazelnut. Contains peanuts and hazelnuts.

About Stash Tea Company View company

meh. i had higher hopes for this, hoping it would taste somewhat like nutella or something. nope, not at all.

it’s a very fake, bland flavour. not really chocolaty or hazelnutty. sort of tastes like cardboard.

Hmm, First “strange” tea flavoring I have tasted and I must say its not bad still its best when you crave something sweet or else it might be too sweet. Cant say I can sense the chocolate or the hazelnut so for me its more of a sweet vanilla-like tea.

Really love this! Smells exquisitely of chocolate and vanilla (can’t really tell the hazelnut apart from the other smells though) and tastes great. The hazelnut aspect seems to be missing (or there’s something wrong with my taste buds) but overall I really like this tea. Great for drinking at night before sleeping since it’s decaf!

It’s not bad. I made it with some Splenda and a little hot cocoa mix (I do that with other chocolate teas). I can taste the hazelnut, but I think the chocolate is a little weaker taste.

Glad I waited a bit to add my note. I added fat-free half & half and a small touch of sugar and my initial reaction was Wow, chocolate tea! Now, about an hour later, I’m getting the aftertaste others have mentioned. It’s not awful, and if I had gone to brush my teeth right after I would probably still have fond memories. But I think I’ll look up Harney’s Florence when this box is gone.

Update: added to the office coffee/tea stash in case somebody else enjoys this more than I.

The smell is nice, but I don’t really taste anything chocolatey. It leaves my mouth a bit dry, if that makes sense. I guess the only reason to drink a decaf tea is if its after midnight. Really, are there any good chocolate teas? I haven’t found any yet…

Stephanie F.

I’ve tried a few chocolate teas and i think they’re generally disappointing, but Numi’s chocolate puerh is actually pretty darn good.

I wanted this to be better than it was. It wasn’t bad, but there wasn’t as much “tea” taste to it as I expected (maybe that’s the decaf), and the chocolate and hazelnut tasted a little bit artificial. Not terrible, but not great. I like their mint chocolate oolong better for a chocolate tea.

I didn’t like this when I first tried it. It had been sitting in the cabinet for a while before I decided to brew some late night tea a few weeks ago. It actually is quite good with plenty of sugar (2-2.5 tsp) and a touch of milk. It seems slightly artificial, which can be expected from a chocolate tea that is further flavored with hazelnut. However, it makes for a decent dessert tea when paired with some chocolate cookies or Reese’s. It’s kind of like an illicit little snack. You aren’t overly aware of any true quality of what you’re consuming, but it somehow seems really good. Am I revealing my chocoholism yet?

Pretty good. Could be more chocolaty thank it is.

This tea tastes really artificial to me. It has an aftertaste similar to artificial sweetener. The chocolate flavor is fairly strong, but I don’t taste hazelnut at all. Prepared with almond milk and stevia.